+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 81
  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Oh for the love of crap...
    In your case the love of a flaming mooner

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    It's an end around. The QB hands you the ball and you make a play. It's a running play. It was the type of play he excelled at in COLLEGE, if high school is causing you concerns. He doesn't need to know how to block, run routes, get separation, play against the bumb and run, or anything else. He just has to make a play.

    TC has an ego like any other man. At the end of the season last year TC was telling us their was no schematic problem with our offense, players just weren't executing. Well we know that's bull****. It's not about lying. It's more about TC not wanting to admit that he didn't have the right plan for developing personnel in this instance.
    Agree 100%

    But you forgot to mention all of the 'great' practices that weren't carrying over to game day during the 0-6 start.
    One of these teams is not like the others


  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    My line of thinking was provoked by the comparison in this thread of Cobb (and his immediate success with GB) and Jernigan. Cobb made an immediate impact with his return game, thus provoking coaches into the desire to make room for him in their offense. When added to GB's offense, he made an immediate impact there, as well.

    Jernigan made no impact in either of those areas of his game, until end of this past year. The fact that you have to reach back to 1 game at the end of the 2011 season to make your point about his return creds ought to tell you something.
    What it tells me is your line of thinking has pot holes. You stated Jernigan didn't make an impact on special teams as Cobb did right off the bat and therefore the offensive brain trust for the Giants wouldn't see a need to get Jerny on the field as the Packers did with Cobb. My point was Jernigan showed enough to be our kick off returner in the Super Bowl. It was not like he hadn't done anything to enforce the obvious reasons the Giants drafted him in the 3rd round. The fact that it was 2011 is really immaterial. If fact if anything it supports that the Giants saw early the exciting skill set he displayed in college. The main point - you don't handicap an offensive weapon because he's not rocking it on special teams. Over and out.
    Last edited by Shockeystays08; 01-27-2014 at 10:02 PM.

  4. #44
    to add to BnR's post (I agree with), i dont buy for a second that TC and KG were unaware of his ability or that they didn't see him make plays in practice or something.
    the past 2 yrs we've had issues with one of our starting WRs during the offseason. this led to JJ getting starter reps during OTAs and training camps. How often did we hear he was tearing it up and how many plays he was making? i remember giants.com did top 5 plays per day of the practices, and JJ would routinely be connecting with Eli on a deep route for a TD or something along those lines. JJ showed, imo, enough to warrant being made a more frequent contributor. Even the first preseason game in 2012, JJ started. We all should remember tat no called PI on that route he ran vs the carolina db iirc.

    i was one of the most ecstatic posters ere when we drafted im. i had no idea he was even a possibility bc i kinda knew from the get go that he wasnt really a mix for KGs offense. i hoped KG would find ways to get him involved. he didnt. until his hand was forced.

    question, would cruz have ever gotten HIS shot had Stokely or SS never gotten hurt? bc it took cruz getting hurt before JJ really got MEANINGFUL playing time. its also difficult for me to believe he was given a legit shot during the games when if e was lucky, he'd get 3 snaps a game. football is very much a rhythm sport. u got to get in the flow of the game. how many players can you name who've been relegated to 3 snaps per game and been any sort of impact player? i cant name 1. you got to give a player the required number of snaps/game time for any sport.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    What it tells me is your line of thinking has pot holes. You stated Jernigan didn't make an impact on special teams as Cobb did right off the bat and therefore the offensive brain trust for the Giants wouldn't see a need to get Jerny on the field as the Packers did with Cobb. My point was Jernigan showed enough to be our kick off returner in the Super Bowl. It was not like he hadn't done anything to enforce the obvious reasons the Giants drafted him in the 3rd round. The fact that it was 2011 is really immaterial. If fact if anything it supports that the Giants saw early the exciting skill set he displayed in college. The main point - you don't handicap an offensive weapon because he's not rocking it on special teams. Over and out.
    not to mention, CObb wasnt a stand out ST player iirc. maybe he made a play or 2. really, he was included in teir offenses gameplans more and more frequently bc of his dynamic skill set. he was given particular formations and packages to acclimate himself in the game wile he made small contributions. GB knew what they had when they drafted him. I agree its kinda silly to compare JJ and CObb when discussing on field production. but in terms of skill set, they are absolutely similar.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    What it tells me is your line of thinking has pot holes. You stated Jernigan didn't make an impact on special teams as Cobb did right off the bat and therefore the offensive brain trust for the Giants wouldn't see a need to get Jerny on the field as the Packers did with Cobb. My point was Jernigan showed enough to be our kick off returner in the Super Bowl. It was not like he hadn't done anything to enforce the obvious reasons the Giants drafted him in the 3rd round. The fact that it was 2011 is really immaterial. If fact if anything it supports that the Giants saw early the exciting skill set he displayed in college. The main point - you don't handicap an offensive weapon because he's not rocking it on special teams. Over and out.
    Isn't it amazing how the general tone on this board has changed?
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

    1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    Isn't it amazing how the general tone on this board has changed?
    Yep, I was thinking the same thing reading this thread earlier today. Not long ago the JJ hater line was wrapped around the block. Now it's not even out the door.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    Yep, I was thinking the same thing reading this thread earlier today. Not long ago the JJ hater line was wrapped around the block. Now it's not even out the door.
    I said 2 yrs ago they need to find creative ways to fit him in the offense....what do you know?
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

    1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

  9. #49
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,923
    Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    I said 2 yrs ago they need to find creative ways to fit him in the offense....what do you know?
    He's the fastest guy on the team and had experience in college at the rb and wr position. He should have had 1 or 2 plays from the get go in damn near every game, be it a reverse, end around, WR screen. Nothing hard just get him the ball in space and let him do what he's used to doing. I see teams do this all the time with their most athletic offensive threat even when they are rookies.
    In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

  10. #50
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,165
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    to be fair though, it was KG who started utilizing him those final couple weeks. problem was, it took cruz being out.
    Word. I know the rise of Cruz kept JJ off the field, but KG and TC's stubborn mentality of not wanting to change the offense is what kept him off the field and thus wasted the draft pick because he wasn't given a chance to develop. They didn't want two slot-type receivers on the field at once, so the following year they grabbed Randle in R2 to replace Manningham, an outside guy, for the sake of keeping things the same. They could have invested that pick or the financial resources associated with it on an OL to help Eli and change the offense a little. A higher % offense with more quick passes to shifty guys like Cruz and JJ. Barden, because of his size, would have been a good enough change-of-pace guy to throw in there every now and then. Dink and dunk first, take shots down field later.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts