+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
    I remember this. I think I almost threw up or went into cardiac arrest....maybe both......
    There have been a few games (more than a few actually) that I wondered whether or not Gilbride and I were watching the same game.

In 2008, the Giants should have rolled the Eagles in the playoffs.....but thanks to a completely uncreative offensive game plan, Andy Reid was able to pull a victory out. Gilbride's decision making at the end of the 1st half was beyond bad.

The "Lumpkin Bowl" drove me insane.....and I'm sure Gilbride's over-reliance on a breaking-down Bradshaw helped prompt Reese to part ways with Bradshaw.

The 2nd Dallas Game was the straw that broke my back......it was borderline criminal for Gilbride to stubbornly pass when the ground game was busting runs at will against a depleted Cowboys' linebacking unit.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Where have I been proven wrong about Jernigan? Before Dec 2013 when, in fact, he had done virtually nothing of note? Or after his last 3 games of 2013, when I acknowledged his 3-game success? Is THAT a sign of close-mindedness, or is refusing to recognize the difference between actual performance of a player vs hoped-for unrealized performance (ie, pre-Dec 2013 Jernigan) a sign of being close minded?

Shouldn't need to say this, but apparently I do--the fact that a poster does not agree with YOUR opinion about a specific player does not by definition mean that poster is a "close minded hater" of said player. I admit to stating my own strong opinions about Jernigan in the past-- in those threads where certain posters seemed intent on canonizing him with absolutely zero substantiation at that time. Remaining unconvinced by a poster's unsubstantiated claims about anything does not make one a "close minded hater". It simply means he's unconvinced.
    I could bring up your preference for Isaiah Stanback of all people because he fit your unattainable model of appeasement. Or the fact you ignored the other precedent of Giants receivers [and many other WRs in the NFL] who did not put up any modicum of success in their first two years. People weren't even praising Jernigan for anything he accomplished in those threads, but rather pushed the philosophy that a player deserves an opportunity rather than you hoping he fail simply so you can say I told you so.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    I could bring up your preference for Isaiah Stanback of all people because he fit your unattainable model of appeasement. Or the fact you ignored the other precedent of Giants receivers [and many other WRs in the NFL] who did not put up any modicum of success in their first two years. People weren't even praising Jernigan for anything he accomplished in those threads, but rather pushed the philosophy that a player deserves an opportunity rather than you hoping he fail simply so you can say I told you so.
    gmen46 talks in circles. He doesn't quite get the whole picture cause he's stuck in his own disillusionment.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    Bravo!
    Agree a 110% Coughlin would rather blame the players than his Handpicked coaches, It would make him look bad that's why.Too bad he can't admit he is done and retire with some dignity than dragging this out . He's won 2 super bowls be happy with that and move on already.. Hopefully young Mcadoo can turn around this offence and get the head coach gig or will lose him to another club that recognizes talent and not stale old school coaches clinging to past glories....

Quote Originally Posted by Striker1 View Post
    Agree a 110% Coughlin would rather blame the players than his Handpicked coaches, It would make him look bad that's why.Too bad he can't admit he is done and retire with some dignity than dragging this out . He's won 2 super bowls be happy with that and move on already.. Hopefully young Mcadoo can turn around this offence and get the head coach gig or will lose him to another club that recognizes talent and not stale old school coaches clinging to past glories....
    We think alike. Maybe cause we're both from Westchester.

Veteran
    We think alike. Maybe cause we're both from Westchester.
    Cool where you from? I'm in Elmsford. Long time Giants fan...

gmen46 talks in circles. He doesn't quite get the whole picture cause he's stuck in his own disillusionment.
    Astounding. Curious (slightly) what your "whole picture" is, that I don't get. Is there some grand Giants scheme that every fan knows about that has been kept from me?

Quote Originally Posted by Striker1 View Post
    Cool where you from? I'm in Elmsford. Long time Giants fan...
    I was born and raised (until age 12 )in New Rochelle. Started following the Giants when i was 6 when my dad brought me home a program from a Giants - Eagles game in 1964. Spent my teen years in Ann Arbor Michigan and adult years in Chicago and currently in Alabama. All three of my daughters went to Troy. One graduated with Jernigan and knows him. I have been watching Jernigan since he was in high school. Still have family in New Rochelle-Rye and Manhatten.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Astounding. Curious (slightly) what your "whole picture" is, that I don't get. Is there some grand Giants scheme that every fan knows about that has been kept from me?
    You and I have done the over and out - 10-4 good buddy thing. I really don't have the time or interest in explaining anything else to you about my take as well as others on this subject. I think since your in Colorado you gotta be an ok guy. Colorado is my favorite state. Just got back from Steamboat. We just have different opinions on this subject. I'm gonna leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
    I agree this was the case. Yet, difficult to understand the lack of implementation. I believe there is a team in Foxboro that have been successful with the schemes you mention in your post in the past and there's alot of tape to review here. Welker / Amendola ; Amendola, Edelmen......inside slot combos. We can do the same with Cruz and JJ all day long in addition to Randle and ??? ( whomever is added ) on the outside stretching the field..... all day long
    Exactly my thinking I will post some of my tape of the Oregon State offense from 2012 so those who arent familiar with are QB coach can get a handle on him. Like I said on other threads this hire was 1 that was out of the box but when you examine it closely on the structures of the offenses its actually a perfect marriage, Im very excited