+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Sordid End of David Meggett

Had to read the complete article.

Quote Originally Posted by gian_18778 View Post
    http://www.sbnation.com/longform/201...istory-profile

Such a sad story, was one of my favorite Giants to watch back in the day.

Revolting.
    2014 Mock Draft Version 1.0

Pick,Position,Player,School

12, OT,OG GREG ROBINSON, AUBURN
    43, TE, AUSTIN SEFERIAN-JENKINS,WASHINGTON
    74, DT, KELCY QUARLES, SOUTH CAROLINA
    109, OLB, TELVIN SMITH, FLORIDA STATE
    140, RB, ANTONIO ANDREWS, WESTERN KENTUCKY
    171, C, RUSSELL BODINE, NORTH CAROLINA
    202, CB, MARCUS WILLIAMS, NORTH DAKOTA STATE

well read it. well most of it (didn't realize its like a book lol). a couple things:

1) of course a piece done on his victims is going to paint the absolute worst picture of Meggett
    2) Going to make the victims look like a baby lamb.

even if thats the reality of the situation, the writer shouldnt take that stance i guess is my point
    Just saying, the article reads more like the best friend of someone who just was dumped and te person overly defends her friend. Maybe becaue of the sensitve topic.

I really hope I dont come off like a prick or that I in any way am saying "she deserved it" or had it coming or any vile thing like that. no one deserves to be hurt in any way. just saying that the article is trying very hard to play on the emotion the reader may have. and i get it, it sells. i wonder how meggett would tell what happened, not to say his version is any more accurate or that he'd even tell the truth. he seems like a big liar. its just that, theres always 2 sides to a story even when its a horror story.

dang i wish i hadnt read that i shoulda listened to the advice not to.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    well read it. well most of it (didn't realize its like a book lol). a couple things:

1) of course a piece done on his victims is going to paint the absolute worst picture of Meggett
    2) Going to make the victims look like a baby lamb.

even if thats the reality of the situation, the writer shouldnt take that stance i guess is my point
    Just saying, the article reads more like the best friend of someone who just was dumped and te person overly defends her friend. Maybe becaue of the sensitve topic.

I really hope I dont come off like a prick or that I in any way am saying "she deserved it" or had it coming or any vile thing like that. no one deserves to be hurt in any way. just saying that the article is trying very hard to play on the emotion the reader may have. and i get it, it sells. i wonder how meggett would tell what happened, not to say his version is any more accurate or that he'd even tell the truth. he seems like a big liar. its just that, theres always 2 sides to a story even when its a horror story.

dang i wish i hadnt read that i shoulda listened to the advice not to.
    Hes scum. Dont make any excuses for him. Its not like it was 1 isolated incident. He did this over and over again. Beating and raping women. I dont care for his side of the story. Hope he rots in jail until he dies. Hes no better than Sandusky.

I was a big Meggett fan as a kid.. Total scumbag

Has he blamed it on the NFL yet?

A Horrible story and a very difficult read for me as well. Demented behavior and now he will pay for a very long time. All those victims will at least get justice served finally.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I made it nearly half way through and that was enough for me. Couldn't read anymore.
    brutal read...**** him.

bottom line we elevate these HUMAN beings to god status and then when their despicable habits come out then what?

From LT to Hernandez, Meggett and Mark Ingram (ex Giant not the son), Adam pacman Jones,hell even Tiger Woods...

they are only people. Some of them come from backgrounds that if not for their athleticism you would give two ****s about them anyway. (Some of you might even being scared or punked out by some of them)

We condemn, not me, some of you, condemn Richard Sherman for being classless but you basically forgot these dudes are just some dudes and if they lack morals well what else should we expect.

and no, I don't condone rapes, not date rapes, not statutory, none...***** is free if you got game, or you can buy it.

so I reiterate, **** him

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Wow. Really nasty stuff. I hope the victims get the help and comfort they need. And I hope Meggett gets the help he needs to destroy the demons that have brought havoc into his life.

+ Reply to Thread