+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran

Did Ross even suffer a concussion?

"The person, who requested anonymity because the team hasnít made any
    declarations about Rossí availability, said Ross didnít have any
    concussion symptoms today. In fact, itís unclear if Ross even suffered a
    concussion in the first place."

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/01/giants_aaron_ross_expected_to.html

Re: Did Ross even suffer a concussion?

Hopefully he didn't.

If indeed he did not then he was probably pulled for showing concussion symptoms. That is a big positive step forward in the NFL in my opinion. It certainly sucks when it happens because you want your best guys in there, but that's what is necessary.
    I bELIeve in February 1, 2015.

All-Pro

Great news! Wait, does this mean that Ross is just dumb or something?

Veteran

[quote user="TuckYou"]Great news! Wait, does this mean that Ross is just dumb or something?[/quote]What? It's obvious Ross was still dizzy and couldn't focus correctly from the hit, so they pulled him rather than risking his life.

All-Pro

[quote user="Itlan"][quote user="TuckYou"]Great news! Wait, does this mean that Ross is just dumb or something?[/quote]What? It's obvious Ross was still dizzy and couldn't focus correctly from the hit, so they pulled him rather than risking his life.[/quote]

he's just joking, come on man, b/c they ask you things like who is the president ... he mighta got it wrong

For any of you who have played or play contact sports, sometimes you'll get knocked around and want a few minutes to regain yourself. I know in rugby I've been hit good at times, one in particular over the summer completely wiped me out. I didn't have a concussion, but I definitely know I showed symptoms.

I had a feeling this was the case. Coughlin said after the game that he was able to count his fingers and seemed like he was ok, which is something Coughlin would never say if the situation was even remotely troubling.

I also re-watched the game yesterday and saw the hit and he didn't really get hit in the head that much. He looked to just got the wind knocked out of him.

no symptoms is the big test when it comes to the NFL concussion policies.

It means headaches, dizziness, anything like that keeps you out until those symptoms subside.

great news if he's experiencing no symptoms already.

i don't know if the hurdle is 3 days or 5 days, but its something like that.

Veteran

better safe than sorry.

This I believe is one of the first uses of the sideline observerin the NFL concussion protocol.