+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strick's Offseason Mock 4.0

Strick's Offseason Mock 4.0

My computer restarted after I was complete with this and had it full of highlights and comparisons which really pissed me off. This is my weekly mock 1/29/2014 (Now it just turned to 1/30 because I took a nap hahaha). To make this mock a bit more interesting I am assuming the OL will be addressed in Free Agency so that I can get as many play makers as possible.

1st round- Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma St- Okay I am drinking the kool-aid again on Gilbert. I was a huge fan of him early on the year until I saw Dennard in person about half way through the year. Gilbert still remained on my list but I always thought that he would be a pick around 20ish. Now that he is beginning to rise a bit and it seeming more and more likely that Dennard is going to be picked by Detroit I am going with Gilbert. There is a very good possibility (especially if only 3 QB's picked ahead of us) that Mack, Bar, Mosley, and Dennard are all gone by the time that we pick. Rob Rang's analysis is pretty boring for Gilbert... Idk if he made this at the beginning of the season and never updated it or what..

STRENGTHS: A standout over his career as a corner and returner due to his agility, acceleration and ball-skills. Gilbert's ability with the ball in his hands is among his greatest assets. He's taken five kickoffs back for scores over his career.
    WEAKNESSES: While terrifically athletic, Gilbert remains a bit lax in his technique.
    --Rob Rang

2nd round- Scott Crichton DE Oregon St- He is one of my favorite players in this draft because of his physical play and his non stop motor. He has been able to line up at DE and DT sometimes and win with power moves. He has a variety of moves that he can use to get to the QB. He is solid rushing the passer and good vs the run. He could play a Tuck like role for the Giants for years to come. He could line up as a DE on 1st and 2nd down and move inside to DT on passing downs to add another pass rusher from the DT spot. JPP, Moore, and Crichton would be a nice DE core for years to come!

*Imagine him doing what he did to this Stanford QB at :54 to RG3 or another Read-Option guy!

3rd round- Paul Richardson WR Colorado- As many of you know I am a huge fan of P-Rich. He is a real game changer at the WR position. He was able to have really nice production this year at Colorado when there weren't many other options and his QB wasn't great at all. He could do some things that Jordy Nelson does in GB. It seems like at least once per game Nelson and Rodgers connect on a deep ball. Richardson is very good at beating CB's off the L.O.S and getting a step on them early. He is fast enough to create separation and can be open on a lot of go routes like he did in college. He is not only a deep ball guy. He has shown good footwork on the sideline. He has also shown nice route running ability on the short to intermediate routes as well. He is a thin guy but has shown to be pretty damn tough for his size. He is a threat for some really nice YAC as well!

4th round- Christian Kirksey OLB Iowa- He is a guy who has been rising a bit lately because of his performance at the Senior Bowl. I really like his game. He is able to rush the passer when he is sent on a blitz and do it well. They said he won most of his 1 on 1's with RB's during blitz drills at the Senior Bowl. He is really good IMO at coverage as well. I went to the Iowa vs Nebraska game and he was lined up vs a slot WR a lot of the game! He is solid vs the run as well. The one thing I knocked him coming into the year was that he seemed a bit undersized but he got his weight up to around the middle of the pack at the LB position.

5th round- James White RB Wisconsin- He is not the biggest guy size wise (5'9 206) but before anyone says they don't want a small RB know that this guy was by far the best pass protecting RB at the Senior Bowl. He is tough as **** for his size. He would be a great RB #2 I think. He could contribute right away I think because of his ability to pass protect. Coughlin usually doesn't like rookie RB's because of that part of their game. White is good at pass blocking as well as catching out of the backfield. He has good vision and toughness when carrying the ball. He breaks a ton of tackles for a guy his size. I really like his game

6th round- Rob Blanchflower TE UMass- This guy is really under the radar because of guys like Gilmore and Niklas rising lately. He would be a steal in the 6th round I think. He can block and is a real weapon catching the ball as well. There isn't much of him online but everything I have seen I really liked. He will go much later than he would a normal TE year. This TE class is very deep and will cause guys like Blanchflower to slide. I think Eli would love throwing to this guy. If anyone isn't sure about this pick I am sure Nycsportzfan would tell you that he is great value in the 6th round

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

James White highlights!

Christian Kirksey vs Nebraska. You can see him lined up vs the slot WR a lot and you can see his effectiveness on blitzes!

Justin Gilbert is a beast with the ball in his hands and in fact I think he will go ahead of Dennard. If anything I'd like to see a LB earlier. Maybe Shayne Skov in the second.

Godd mock though!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_1 View Post
    Justin Gilbert is a beast with the ball in his hands and in fact I think he will go ahead of Dennard. If anything I'd like to see a LB earlier. Maybe Shayne Skov in the second.

Godd mock though!
    Thanks! I have had trouble trying to find OLB's that I like in the 2nd to 3rd range since Denzel Perryman returned to school... I like Kirksey a lot and could rise to a 3rd round lock I think. Skov would be a solid pick in the 2nd but I went with Crichton because he could really fill a Tuck like role if he leaves. I really hope that they do address the OL in free agency so they could head into the draft with a mindset of getting a bunch of play makers
    Last edited by NYGfanSTRICK; 01-30-2014 at 06:07 PM.

I'm really interested to see Crichton at the combine.. Love the Gilbert pick.. Good mock

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I'm really interested to see Crichton at the combine.. Love the Gilbert pick.. Good mock
    Thanks man. I think he could really surprise some people. The Stanford game on draftbreakdown he absolutely kills a double team. He burns the first guy and sits the OG on his *** then gets the sack! I think he should bench well. I am not sure about the 40 though. Some of these DE's like Marcus Smith from Louisville are fast as hell.

That play I was talking about is at 1:55

ZERO OLINE?

Quote Originally Posted by gmen43 View Post
    ZERO OLINE?
    Read what I said before I started the mock... I made this IF they address OL in Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    My computer restarted after I was complete with this and had it full of highlights and comparisons which really pissed me off. This is my weekly mock 1/29/2014 (Now it just turned to 1/30 because I took a nap hahaha). To make this mock a bit more interesting I am assuming the OL will be addressed in Free Agency so that I can get as many play makers as possible.

1st round- Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma St- Okay I am drinking the kool-aid again on Gilbert. I was a huge fan of him early on the year until I saw Dennard in person about half way through the year. Gilbert still remained on my list but I always thought that he would be a pick around 20ish. Now that he is beginning to rise a bit and it seeming more and more likely that Dennard is going to be picked by Detroit I am going with Gilbert. There is a very good possibility (especially if only 3 QB's picked ahead of us) that Mack, Bar, Mosley, and Dennard are all gone by the time that we pick. Rob Rang's analysis is pretty boring for Gilbert... Idk if he made this at the beginning of the season and never updated it or what..

STRENGTHS: A standout over his career as a corner and returner due to his agility, acceleration and ball-skills. Gilbert's ability with the ball in his hands is among his greatest assets. He's taken five kickoffs back for scores over his career.
    WEAKNESSES: While terrifically athletic, Gilbert remains a bit lax in his technique.
    --Rob Rang

2nd round- Scott Crichton DE Oregon St- He is one of my favorite players in this draft because of his physical play and his non stop motor. He has been able to line up at DE and DT sometimes and win with power moves. He has a variety of moves that he can use to get to the QB. He is solid rushing the passer and good vs the run. He could play a Tuck like role for the Giants for years to come. He could line up as a DE on 1st and 2nd down and move inside to DT on passing downs to add another pass rusher from the DT spot. JPP, Moore, and Crichton would be a nice DE core for years to come!

*Imagine him doing what he did to this Stanford QB at :54 to RG3 or another Read-Option guy!

3rd round- Paul Richardson WR Colorado- As many of you know I am a huge fan of P-Rich. He is a real game changer at the WR position. He was able to have really nice production this year at Colorado when there weren't many other options and his QB wasn't great at all. He could do some things that Jordy Nelson does in GB. It seems like at least once per game Nelson and Rodgers connect on a deep ball. Richardson is very good at beating CB's off the L.O.S and getting a step on them early. He is fast enough to create separation and can be open on a lot of go routes like he did in college. He is not only a deep ball guy. He has shown good footwork on the sideline. He has also shown nice route running ability on the short to intermediate routes as well. He is a thin guy but has shown to be pretty damn tough for his size. He is a threat for some really nice YAC as well!

4th round- Christian Kirksey OLB Iowa- He is a guy who has been rising a bit lately because of his performance at the Senior Bowl. I really like his game. He is able to rush the passer when he is sent on a blitz and do it well. They said he won most of his 1 on 1's with RB's during blitz drills at the Senior Bowl. He is really good IMO at coverage as well. I went to the Iowa vs Nebraska game and he was lined up vs a slot WR a lot of the game! He is solid vs the run as well. The one thing I knocked him coming into the year was that he seemed a bit undersized but he got his weight up to around the middle of the pack at the LB position.

5th round- James White RB Wisconsin- He is not the biggest guy size wise (5'9 206) but before anyone says they don't want a small RB know that this guy was by far the best pass protecting RB at the Senior Bowl. He is tough as **** for his size. He would be a great RB #2 I think. He could contribute right away I think because of his ability to pass protect. Coughlin usually doesn't like rookie RB's because of that part of their game. White is good at pass blocking as well as catching out of the backfield. He has good vision and toughness when carrying the ball. He breaks a ton of tackles for a guy his size. I really like his game

6th round- Rob Blanchflower TE UMass- This guy is really under the radar because of guys like Gilmore and Niklas rising lately. He would be a steal in the 6th round I think. He can block and is a real weapon catching the ball as well. There isn't much of him online but everything I have seen I really liked. He will go much later than he would a normal TE year. This TE class is very deep and will cause guys like Blanchflower to slide. I think Eli would love throwing to this guy. If anyone isn't sure about this pick I am sure Nycsportzfan would tell you that he is great value in the 6th round
    I love your mock! If this happened, i'd be as stoked as i'd been in 3yrs with this teams draft!

You aren't gonna believe it, but in the mock your gonna read that i made, I have Gmen going Gilbert in RD1 and Crichton in RD2..lol Great minds, my friend!!

+ Reply to Thread