+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

I think we get smacked in the mouth.

Their coach's son just died? No way GB doesn't play inspired football. No way the crowd isn't going crazy. Things like this usually propel a team into dangerous territory, and they just come out and destroy the other team.

I could be wrong, and I ****ing hope so. Perhaps they come out flat following such a tragedy and we pull it out. I don't know, but now this team has something else to play for... and they're the best team in the league. This could get ugly folks.

GO BLUE!

Re: I think we get smacked in the mouth.

No doubt Packers will be playing with heavy hearts, but Giants will be playing with great chip on theri shoulders as well. Either way its gonna be a very close game

[quote user="Itlan"]Their coach's son just died? No way GB doesn't play inspired football. No way the crowd isn't going crazy. Things like this usually propel a team into dangerous territory, and they just come out and destroy the other team.

I could be wrong, and I ****ing hope so. Perhaps they come out flat following such a tragedy and we pull it out. I don't know, but now this team has something else to play for... and they're the best team in the league. This could get ugly folks.

GO BLUE![/quote]it's about to get ugly for YOU my friend. I understand your point but now your gonna get RIPPED for mentioning the Packers playing hard due to the death.

Veteran

[quote user="Itlan"]Their coach's son just died? No way GB doesn't play inspired football. No way the crowd isn't going crazy. Things like this usually propel a team into dangerous territory, and they just come out and destroy the other team. I could be wrong, and I ****ing hope so. Perhaps they come out flat following such a tragedy and we pull it out. I don't know, but now this team has something else to play for... and they're the best team in the league. This could get ugly folks. GO BLUE![/quote]

If they need to use this tragedy as motivation they were in trouble from the get go and it may do more harm than good. They can be motivated for their coach all they like but nothing changes the fact that they are one of the worst defensive teams in the NFL. Talent just doesn't improve because an assistant coach had a personal tragedy. It could be a factor for sure but at the end of the day it is about 11 on 11 and who plays the best football.

If they use that terrible tragedy as motivation well that's pretty tasteless.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

My most sincerest condolences go out to the Philbin family at this time. Their family and loved one's should remain the utmost priority at this time.

However, this could very well have an impact on the Packer's Sunday. Remember when Brett Favre had a death in the family before a Monday night game he played in? He was Epic.

Very sad conditions to have related to our game.

Veteran

[quote user="Itlan"]Their coach's son just died? No way GB doesn't play inspired football. No way the crowd isn't going crazy. Things like this usually propel a team into dangerous territory, and they just come out and destroy the other team.

GO BLUE![/quote]

This will not affect the game at all. If anything the packers will be negatively affected in the preparation department. This is the playoffs, the chance you've been waiting for your whole life, both teams will come inspired. I've had enough of this nonsense.

Veteran

[quote user="lttaylor56"]My most sincerest condolences go out to the Philbin family at this time. Their family and loved one's should remain the utmost priority at this time.

However, this could very well have an impact on the Packer's Sunday. Remember when Brett Favre had a death in the family before a Monday night game he played in? He was Epic.

Very sad conditions to have related to our game.[/quote]

Ok that's Favre... a freaking player!! What is their offensive coordinator going to coach better?! You people are ridiculous.

WE might be the best team in the league.

Veteran

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="lttaylor56"]My most sincerest condolences go out to the Philbin family at this time. Their family and loved one's should remain the utmost priority at this time.

Ok that's Favre... a freaking player!! What is their offensive coordinator going to coach better?! You people are ridiculous.[/quote]It's not about coaching. This is someone they love and adore, and he just lost probably the most important person in his life and has taken a leave of absence. That wouldn't inspire you to play out of your mind to win that game for him? Clearly you've never played a sport. Stick to the cheetos.

[quote user="Itlan"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="lttaylor56"]My most sincerest condolences go out to the Philbin family at this time. Their family and loved one's should remain the utmost priority at this time.

Ok that's Favre... a freaking player!! What is their offensive coordinator going to coach better?! You people are ridiculous.[/quote]It's not about coaching. This is someone they love and adore, and he just lost probably the most important person in his life and has taken a leave of absence. That wouldn't inspire you to play out of your mind to win that game for him? Clearly you've never played a sport. Stick to the cheetos.[/quote] Ok, but neither you nor anybody else knows how this affects the outcome of the game. So for you to just say oh we are going to get smacked in the mouth is nonsense.