+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Next year cap room

Bench Player

Next year cap room

Do you guys know how much cap space we will have this off season before our free agents signing ?

Those guys are unrestricted free agents:
    Mario Manningham
    Kareem McKenzie
    Jonathan Goff
    Aaron Ross
    Terrell Thomas
    Rocky Bernard
    Deon Grant
    Dave Tollefson

that's a lot of players...

Veteran

Re: Next year cap room

[quote user="charles355"]Do you guys know how much cap space we will have this off season before our free agents signing ?

Mario Manningham
    Kareem McKenzie
    Jonathan Goff
    Aaron Ross
    Terrell Thomas
    Rocky Bernard
    Deon Grant
    Dave Tollefson

that's a lot of players...[/quote]

Given how Beatty, Boothe, and Petrus played, I think they can move Diehl to a backup and hand him a new contract accordingly, that should free up about 7mil. As well, guys have shown a willingness to renegotiate their contracts for the good of the team... finally, KMac is likely gone. His play fell off a cliff this year, and I have enough faith in JR and Flaherty to give Brewer a legitimate shot at starting.

[quote user="charles355"]Do you guys know how much cap space we will have this off season before our free agents signing ?

Mario Manningham
    Kareem McKenzie
    Jonathan Goff
    Aaron Ross
    Terrell Thomas
    Rocky Bernard
    Deon Grant
    Dave Tollefson

that's a lot of players...[/quote]Kmack - Gone
    Ross - Gone
    Deon Grant - Gone
    Tolly - Hopefully he stays, I could see him fighting for a starting spot somewhere
    Bernard - These last few games he's earned his keep, and it wouldnt hurt to have him on the squad while we see what we got in Marvin Austin
    Goff and T2- Id offer them both 'Kiwi' contracts, to see how theyve progressed with their injuries, and if they play like Kiwi has then we give em their keep

Call me crazy, but Id test the water with DeSean Jackson and if his price is similar to Manningham's id go for DJax, hell his return threat is worth it alone.
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

As of now, the Giants have around 4million in cap space.

Desean is asking for top5 receiver money. That means he'll want more than 8.5 mil per.

I'd almost be willing to keep McKenzie over Diehl if their asking price is about the same.

[quote user="bLuereverie"]As of now, the Giants have around 4million in cap space.

Desean is asking for top5 receiver money. That means he'll want more than 8.5 mil per.

I'd almost be willing to keep McKenzie over Diehl if their asking price is about the same.[/quote]If he thinks he's getting top 5 money, good luck.

He did next to nothing this whole season and it sounds like nothing but bad news between him and the iggles, so maybe he'll stay in the NFC East cheap to get back at them twice a year
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="charles355"]Do you guys know how much cap space we will have this off season before our free agents signing ? Those guys are unrestricted free agents: Mario Manningham Kareem McKenzie Jonathan Goff Aaron Ross Terrell Thomas Rocky Bernard Deon Grant Dave Tollefson that's a lot of players...[/quote]

Given how Beatty, Boothe, and Petrus played, I think they can move Diehl to a backup and hand him a new contract accordingly, that should free up about 7mil. As well, guys have shown a willingness to renegotiate their contracts for the good of the team... finally, KMac is likely gone. His play fell off a cliff this year, and I have enough faith in JR and Flaherty to give Brewer a legitimate shot at starting.
    [/quote]

Deihl a back-up? Have you noticed how well we've been running the ball since DD went back to LT?

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bLuereverie"]As of now, the Giants have around 4million in cap space.

I'd almost be willing to keep McKenzie over Diehl if their asking price is about the same.[/quote]If he thinks he's getting top 5 money, good luck.

He did next to nothing this whole season and it sounds like nothing but bad news between him and the iggles, so maybe he'll stay in the NFC East cheap to get back at them twice a year
    [/quote]

I never said he'll get it, but what he's asking for. I still think there will be some franchise to bite [not top5 money but more than what the Eagles and Giants can offer]. It'd be hilarious asymmetry to steal him after Smith, but it's not going to happen. I think Plax is more likely to come here than Jackson.

[quote user="bLuereverie"]As of now, the Giants have around 4million in cap space.

I'd almost be willing to keep McKenzie over Diehl if their asking price is about the same.[/quote]

Jackson may want top5 WR money but with the headaches, drops, penaltys, taunting, there is no team (outside of the raiders if al comes back from the dead) that will pay him that money.

that said i still think he is way out of nyg range and i dont think he would be a fit for a classy organization like the giants.

i.e. goodby shockey hello boss
    i.e. not resigning plex

reese is willing to let problem children go and look for good players who want to play team football

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="charles355"]Do you guys know how much cap space we will have this off season before our free agents signing ? Those guys are unrestricted free agents: Mario Manningham Kareem McKenzie Jonathan Goff Aaron Ross Terrell Thomas Rocky Bernard Deon Grant Dave Tollefson that's a lot of players...[/quote]

[/quote]

Deihl a back-up? Have you noticed how well we've been running the ball since DD went back to LT?

[/quote]

Diehl is awful.

+ Reply to Thread