+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    Brady came up short twice also.

But this game proves that good defenses win superbowls even in a high scoring era.

Seattle's D was just too fast for Peyton's floaters.
    Peyton was awful in this game

All-Pro
    How was Peyton horrible?

Peyton is a great QB, but he's not a miracle worker. This game was over at halftime. Congrats to Russell Wilson and Yes young mobile QBs can win the Superbowl granted a ton of credit to their defense for putting this game away early.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    No. Peyton Manning did not choke tonight. The entire Bronco team was eaten alive on just about every play.

I can't pin this on Peyton, and I wasn't even rooting for him.
    I never said he choked, I said he came up short. He's done that twice now. He struggles to get it done when it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    How was Peyton horrible?
    You think he played well tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I don't think so, Seattle was just too fast. Denver is used to taking 5 yard passes 10-15 yards. That's their game, Peyton was completing those passes but Seattle was too fast and tackled the recievers immediately. Totally took away Denver's strength, yards after short catches.

All-Pro
    His last Super Bowl Peyton did come up short. With the game on the line he threw a pick 6 and the game was over. This game was over in the first quarter. The Broncos defense was horrible. They could not stop Seattle and their defense made a great QB look bad. Give credit where credit is due. Every great QB looks bad against a great defense.

I don't think so, Seattle was just too fast. Denver is used to taking 5 yard passes 10-15 yards. That's their game, Peyton was completing those passes but Seattle was too fast and tackled the recievers immediately. Totally took away Denver's strength, yards after short catches.

Peyton did break the Superbowl record for most completions along with D. Thomas for most receptions, but getting blasted at Metlife and being humbly sent back on the plane flight back to Denver can be discouraging.

All-Pro
    You think he played well tonight?
    Think he was beaten by a great defense and the Broncos defense was horrible. The Seattle defense deserve credit for causing those turnovers. Don't just make it like he was making bad throws on his own.