+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

All-Pro

Denver loses NFL record 5th Super Bowl

Today's loss by the broncos set a record for the most SBs lost surpassing both Buffalo and the Vikings.

Not only have they lost five of them, they all have been blowout losses

1) Dallas 27-10 over Denver

2) Giants 39-20 ( lets not forget Denver got ten garbage time points late )

3) Washington 42-10

That's 3 NFCE teams and 3 SB butt whoopings.. So I guess the NFCW wanted to get in on it

4) SF 55-10

5) Seattle 43-8

That's a combined 206-58 or an avg. loss of 41-11 over the five losses.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...n-43-8-blowout
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro
    Thank God for Elway or Denver fans would be on suicide watch

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Thank God for Elway or Denver fans would be on suicide watch
    Yeah i agree. At least they won back to back SB's.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Today's loss by the broncos set a record for the most SBs lost surpassing both Buffalo and the Vikings.

Not only have they lost five of them, they all have been blowout losses

1) Dallas 27-10 over Denver

2) Giants 39-20 ( lets not forget Denver got ten garbage time points late )

3) Washington 42-10

That's 3 NFCE teams and 3 SB butt whoopings.. So I guess the NFCW wanted to get in on it

4) SF 55-10

5) Seattle 43-8

That's a combined 206-58 or an avg. loss of 41-11 over the five losses.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...n-43-8-blowout
    Best part of the article:

"Super Bowl XXI: NY Giants 39, Denver 20 -- The Broncos were beat down by Phil Simms. Simms completed a Super Bowl record 88 percent of his passes (22 of 25) for 268 yards and three touchdowns as New York won its first Super Bowl title in franchise history. Simms also became the first Super Bowl MVP to utter the most famous postgame words that have ever been uttered, "I'm going to Disney World."

Quote Originally Posted by P_Simms_#11 View Post
    Best part of the article:

"Super Bowl XXI: NY Giants 39, Denver 20 -- The Broncos were beat down by Phil Simms. Simms completed a Super Bowl record 88 percent of his passes (22 of 25) for 268 yards and three touchdowns as New York won its first Super Bowl title in franchise history. Simms also became the first Super Bowl MVP to utter the most famous postgame words that have ever been uttered, "I'm going to Disney World."
    Best QB play in Super Bowl history, in my opinion. Of those 3 incompletions, I believe a couple were drops. It was like he had a laser scope, unbelievable accuracy - on a par with the best I've ever seen from Rodgers or Brees, and on the world's biggest stage.

If Simms wore a fur coat, made guarantees, and wore panty hose in commercials, he might be in the Hall, too.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 02-03-2014 at 01:19 AM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Best QB play in Super Bowl history, in my opinion. Of those 3 incompletions, I believe a couple were drops. It was like he had a laser scope, unbelievable accuracy - on a par with the best I've ever seen from Rodgers or Brees, and on the world's biggest stage.

If Simms wore a fur coat, made guarantees, and wore panty hose in commercials, he might be in the Hall, too.
    Yea.. My wife kept asking me what's with the fur coat. I'd said it was his trademark. However, Simms had an even better season in 90 that was so dominating yet cut short by the injury.. Hoss finished up but Phil should of got credit for that title as well. Had he not got in juried that season he finishes it off and makes the Hall.,

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post

+1

All-Pro
    Oh interesting point. Two of the most dominating record setting offenses in NFL History that set all kinds of TD, points, yards records. Teams that blew out their opponents with ease on a week in week out basis both went into their respective SBs looked upon by many as sure things. Locks if there every was a lock in a SB game.

Well those two powerful offenses that scored in the high 500s and one over 600 points. Ones that combined for 33 wins in reg season and playoffs.. Ones that had QBs who threw for almost 6000 yards and over 50 plus TDs were held to 14 and 8 points in their SB games by stellar defenses. That a total of 22 points put up by the mighty 07 Patriots & 13 Broncos.. 11 point a game avg for two of the best offense in history. Teams that avg 36 to 40 points a game and routinely put up 40/50 points in a game totally dominated.

I guess you could even throw in the 11 NE offense. Not as dominating as those other two offenses but still a very good high scoring team held to just 17 in that SB..

My point. DEFENSE WINS SBS.... 00 Ravens D held a giants team that had just put up 41 on the Vikings in the NFCCG to 7 points and those 7 were on STs.

We need to get back to building a dominating hard hitting Defense if we want to compete with the likes of the Seahawks and SF over next 5 seasons in the NFC.
    Last edited by miked1958; 02-03-2014 at 04:14 AM.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Thank god for Terrell Davis, John Elway was a bonafide loser in Super Bowls.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli's Giants View Post
    Thank god for Terrell Davis, John Elway was a bonafide loser in Super Bowls.
    Kelly and Bills can now sleep a little better.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011