+ Reply to Thread

Pretty Cool Coughlin Article

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...battlehardened

And here we are again. Another hot Giants team led by Coughlin ... the only great coach in history who is fired every year.

Love that line !

Re: Pretty Cool Coughlin Article

I liked this comment

CntStopFire January 10, 2012 10:50 am[/b]The
    only downfall to the Giants winning another Superbowl is it buying
    Kevin Killdrive another few seasons to make this great team an average
    one.

lol...yes being the OC of 2 Superbowl teams in 5 years is pretty average...
    do people even think before they type or is the hate so deep even another Superbowl wouldnt satisfy them....

Must be a dipsheep clone in the he-man mustache haters club.

[quote user="bansaw"]I liked this comment

CntStopFire January 10, 2012 10:50 am[/B]The only downfall to the Giants winning another Superbowl is it buying Kevin Killdrive another few seasons to make this great team an average one.

do people even think before they type or is the hate so deep even another Superbowl wouldnt satisfy them....

[/quote]

it won't matter. they're like conspiracy theorists. even if all the facts line up against them, they'll fall back on 'because of our awesome roster, we win despite Gilbride'.

at the beginning of the year, i was absolutely questioning this coaching staff, for the first time since they got here, because it was warranted (no playoff wins in 8 years other than 07, late season swoons).

they've answered most questions remarkabley for all but the die-hard haters.

Veteran

one.

[/quote]

Just goes to show you no substitute for ignorance

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"][quote user="bansaw"]I liked this comment

CntStopFire January 10, 2012 10:50 am[/b]The only downfall to the Giants winning another Superbowl is it buying Kevin Killdrive another few seasons to make this great team an average one.

[/quote]

it won't matter. they're like conspiracy theorists. even if all the facts line up against them, they'll fall back on 'because of our awesome roster, we win despite Gilbride'.

at the beginning of the year, i was absolutely questioning this coaching staff, for the first time since they got here, because it was warranted (no playoff wins in 8 years other than 07, late season swoons).

[/quote]ya man you questioned everyone this year...freaked me out lol
    glad they got it at least clicking at the right time...looked bleak for a while there

you like Reese again? he took your brunt this season

All-Pro

[quote user="bansaw"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"][quote user="bansaw"]I liked this comment

CntStopFire January 10, 2012 10:50 am[/B]The only downfall to the Giants winning another Superbowl is it buying Kevin Killdrive another few seasons to make this great team an average one.

[/quote]

[/quote]ya man you questioned everyone this year...freaked me out lol
    glad they got it at least clicking at the right time...looked bleak for a while there

you like Reese again? he took your brunt this season
    [/quote]

I was curious of exactly the same thing actually.

Veteran

As far as I'm concerned, when a coach wins a Super Bowl, he's a Made Man.

A coach who wins a Super Bowl has proven that he has what it takes to be the best, provided he has the talent around him. Replace Tom Brady with Ryan Leaf, and Bill Belichick's legacy takes a hit.

But when a title-winning coach - like Coughlin - struggles, you need to look at other factors.....stuff like injuries, scheduling, player errors, etc.

That's not to say Coughlin and his coaches haven't made plenty of mistakes, and come out with weak gameplans. Losing 2x to Rex Grossman????....Come on!!!

But, I think all this hot seat stuff was a product of the media needing to feed the beast.

A guy with a Championship on his resume has earned the benefit of the doubt. Thankfully, we have ownership with loyalty and long term perspective.

one.

[/quote]

could not agree more with your assessment....so much hate in peoples' lives.

[/quote]

You do realize that unless we score 2 Tds and a FG on every drive, KG sucks, no?