+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast

With The new era of QB's taking the stage, Eli's career might be over.

The game is changing. If you aren't dangerous outside of the pocket then You better be an exceptional drop back passer.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Yawn.

Bench Player
    I genuinely don't get this. "Pocket Passers" have the rings and the records. The rules these days are so lopsided in the offence's favour all you need is a decent O Line and a reasonable QB can light it up. Peyton did it all year and his line caved on the big stage. His mobility had nothing to do with it IMO.

If the Seattle D had played like that in the NFC championship the Kaepernick, for all his moves, would've had as much success as Peyton.

Give Eli the O Line and more time. He'll find the holes in a defence.

In case you missed it, Eli already has 2 rings

I guess some people don't get it's still in the beginning stages. Look at the top college QBs in this draft & past couple of years...
    Last edited by NYGhtmare; 02-06-2014 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbaBigBlue View Post
    I genuinely don't get this. "Pocket Passers" have the rings and the records. The rules these days are so lopsided in the offence's favour all you need is a decent O Line and a reasonable QB can light it up. Peyton did it all year and his line caved on the big stage. His mobility had nothing to do with it IMO.

If the Seattle D had played like that in the NFC championship the Kaepernick, for all his moves, would've had as much success as Peyton.

Give Eli the O Line and more time. He'll find the holes in a defence.
    Well i feel like if you give anyone time in the pocket they can find the holes in the defense. Good offensive lines dont come by easy. In todays game i think you need a little bit of mobility now. Unless you are exceptional at passing the football and reading defenses..

~Big Mike~

Career's been over since the 2012 falcons game. Time for a qb change. Let's get Johnny Football and rebuild. At our historical rate, we might be in the 2021 sb and then finally win one in 2028.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGhtmare View Post
    I guess some people don't get it's still in the beginning stages. Look at the top college QBs in this draft & past couple of years...
    They wouldn't be top college prospects if they can't pass from the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    what about guys that are exceptional in the pocket and can run? Like Russel wilson? And Kappernick who is still developing?

~Big Mike~

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Okay. My point is the top QBs recently drafted are not just strictly staying in the pocket. They can run when necessary...