+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Get skill position player @ 12th pick, why?

because the OL issues are not with the OT's. Which, generally are required to be taken in the 1rst if you want that blue chip type guy.

We got Snee in the 2nd. And, its bc the interior OL rarely go in the 1rst. Last yr we saw 2 go in te 1rst, and neither came close to living up to the billing imho.

If the FO believes the interior of the OL is the issue and not the OT's, I'd love to see us take a Evans or Sammy Watkins. Imo, Evans cannot be covered 1 v 1. Esp with a guy like Eli who will throw to the 1v1 coverage all day. Thing is, itd make more sense if we were still running KGs scheme. If we really are combining the schemes, than it makes perfect sense bc we need tat #1 who dictates coverages. Nicks couldnt do that the last 2 yrs. A guy like Evans, with how he plays so physical and has a lot of athleticism, will be a nightmare for DB's and DC's...Imo, Eli would ascend to higher levels than even 2011 if we give him a freak WR. Evans strikes me as that kind of player.

Take him in the 1rst. Then, 2nd, you can take an interior OL (like with Snee). Evans is also intriguiing bc he is excellent in shorter/intermediate stuff as well as downfield. i was against picking Evans unless we traded back but i've altered that stance. im fine with him at 12 but only if the FO ensures we get a quality interior OL in rd 2 and even rd 3...

and, maybe, we could save money if we take evans, compared to re-signing Nicks. And thus, use the money we might have used on Nicks to sign 2 quality FA interior OL. very interesting to see who we might take bc we can literally go a bunch of diff ways....but id like to give Eli a guy like Evans bc imo, e would be at his best if we combined the 2011 Eli with the Eli2Plex version...

Evans in the 1st and a Xavier Su'a-Filo in the 2nd.. That's what I'm talking about..

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Evans in the 1st and a Xavier Su'a-Filo in the 2nd.. That's what I'm talking about..
    if we ever got Evans in first I think I would **** myself!!
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Is that good? Or bad?

Agree

Knowing the giants though he could be there at 12 and were all blowing up the boards after 11 goes and he doesn't get picked. Then our time on the clock ends.. The Pick is in. We all wait to explode. And they draft someone we never heard of.. And we all got ""What?"" ""who??"""

How many times has this happened! To many to count

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Banned
    Knowing the giants though he could be there at 12 and were all blowing up the boards after 11 goes and he doesn't get picked. Then our time on the clock ends.. The Pick is in. We all wait to explode. And they draft someone we never heard of.. And we all got ""What?"" ""who??"""

How many times has this happened! To many to count
    Hahaha! That's happened plenty of times.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatNiCcA56 View Post
    Hahaha! That's happened plenty of times.
    To many to count. Then you see the guy they passed over we all thought they should take excel and the one we grabbed never amounts to anything. I can't remember examples but we passed on some Pretty good players. Sometimes we had a need at that position and passed which always peeves you. But other times there are guys there that look to be sure things and. We used to be known to draft BPA no matter if you need a player at that position or not. I guess we only draft BPA on based off what our needs our cause we passed right over Eddie Lacy and look what he's doing for GB.. Just one example

4-New York Giants!!!!!

At this point, whoever they get better be a Week 1 player. They better be suited up and ready for major snaps on whatever side of the ball. If it is a G/C/T, they better be starting. If it is a DL, they better be in the rotation for at least 30 snaps a game. If it is a skilled player, they better be #1 on the depth chart. No more project picks before round 4. Enough already. No more healthy scratches. If they are suited up, they need to be ready to play. Don't waste a roster spot on a veteran for a year or two waiting for your first pick to develop.
    “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”
    ― George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by ANON837 View Post
    At this point, whoever they get better be a Week 1 player. They better be suited up and ready for major snaps on whatever side of the ball. If it is a G/C/T, they better be starting. If it is a DL, they better be in the rotation for at least 30 snaps a game. If it is a skilled player, they better be #1 on the depth chart. No more project picks before round 4. Enough already. No more healthy scratches. If they are suited up, they need to be ready to play. Don't waste a roster spot on a veteran for a year or two waiting for your first pick to develop.
    You only have their rights for 4 years they have to play