+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Get skill position player @ 12th pick, why?

At this point, whoever they get better be a Week 1 player. They better be suited up and ready for major snaps on whatever side of the ball. If it is a G/C/T, they better be starting. If it is a DL, they better be in the rotation for at least 30 snaps a game. If it is a skilled player, they better be #1 on the depth chart. No more project picks before round 4. Enough already. No more healthy scratches. If they are suited up, they need to be ready to play. Don't waste a roster spot on a veteran for a year or two waiting for your first pick to develop.
    “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”
    ― George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by ANON837 View Post
    At this point, whoever they get better be a Week 1 player. They better be suited up and ready for major snaps on whatever side of the ball. If it is a G/C/T, they better be starting. If it is a DL, they better be in the rotation for at least 30 snaps a game. If it is a skilled player, they better be #1 on the depth chart. No more project picks before round 4. Enough already. No more healthy scratches. If they are suited up, they need to be ready to play. Don't waste a roster spot on a veteran for a year or two waiting for your first pick to develop.
    You only have their rights for 4 years they have to play

Who wouldn't want Watkins or Evans on their team?? But if Lewan or Martin is there on the board when we pick, I think we have to go there. Our OLine needs help in the worst way. Martin can play tackle or guard, and Lewan can play either tackle position. Beatty can play right or left tackle (and should play where he's best suited to help us, and not just at LT because of his contract). Pugh can play anywhere on the line.

So we have flexibility in our pick, but if the quality is there at the OL, I don't see us going anywhere else.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Quote Originally Posted by RagTime Blue View Post
    Who wouldn't want Watkins or Evans on their team?? But if Lewan or Martin is there on the board when we pick, I think we have to go there. Our OLine needs help in the worst way. Martin can play tackle or guard, and Lewan can play either tackle position. Beatty can play right or left tackle (and should play where he's best suited to help us, and not just at LT because of his contract). Pugh can play anywhere on the line.

So we have flexibility in our pick, but if the quality is there at the OL, I don't see us going anywhere else.
    I think this will be the case.. Lewan or Martin

I really want Lewan. He's go the nasty streak we are missing on offense. You need that type of player when playing against thugs like the Niners and Seahawks.

+ Reply to Thread