+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Payton: Keeping Jimmy Graham Will Require "Tough Decisions"

I wonder if Brees will offer to rework his contract to free up some cash?

And I can understand Graham being upset about being franchised as a TE when they tend to use him a lot as a WR. But unless he wants to change his official designation from TE to WR he's at the team's mercy, which isn't completely fair but it is what it is.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    I wonder if Brees will offer to rework his contract to free up some cash?
    I doubt it, he (well, his agent) pushed so hard to land it. A restructure is basically out of the question since his contract is already extremely back-loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I doubt it, he (well, his agent) pushed so hard to land it. A restructure is basically out of the question since his contract is already extremely back-loaded.
    Yeah, I doubt he'll offer to rework it, too.
    One of these teams is not like the others

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...h-roman-harper

"Wednesday marked the end of an era for the New Orleans Saints defense as they announced they are parting ways with four team veterans and members of their 2009 Super Bowl championship team: defensive end Will Smith, linebacker Jonathan Vilma, safety Roman Harper and cornerback Jabari Greer."

"These were not easy decisions to make," Saints general manager Mickey Loomis said in a statement. "Since we acquired them, Jabari, Roman, Will and Jonathan have all been excellent players on the field for us. Each of them were integral parts in turning this program around and winning a Super Bowl. They were a great example to our players as team leaders in the locker room as well. ...

"However ... these difficult moves allow us to position our team under the salary cap to move forward for 2014."

These moves should put the Saints under the salary cap for now. They were projected to be around $13-15 million over the cap, but they'll need even more space to re-sign or use the franchise tag on free-agent tight end Jimmy Graham and clear space for other free-agent signings."

In short, it was a thank you for the 2009 Superbowl, now here's a head start on finding another team/job because we're in cap trouble and would rather keep high-paid players on our famed offense...from the Saints.
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 02-12-2014 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    Not to provide another bad example, but if Antrel Rolle plays nickel corner for a 66% of the snaps very well due to a depleted CB depth and 33% at safety, should he be entitled to the CB franchise tag of around $10 mil as suppose to the safety tag around $7 mil?

It's just a can of worms waiting to open if players are allowed to cross positions just for the higher franchise tag.
    That is an excellent point.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Pretty funny. He won't be disappointed when he's signing his massive contract.

Also, I'm not much of a fan of Mike Florio's writing, but this reference is excellent: Jimmy’s finally getting upset.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...h-roman-harper

"Wednesday marked the end of an era for the New Orleans Saints defense as they announced they are parting ways with four team veterans and members of their 2009 Super Bowl championship team: defensive end Will Smith, linebacker Jonathan Vilma, safety Roman Harper and cornerback Jabari Greer."

"These were not easy decisions to make," Saints general manager Mickey Loomis said in a statement. "Since we acquired them, Jabari, Roman, Will and Jonathan have all been excellent players on the field for us. Each of them were integral parts in turning this program around and winning a Super Bowl. They were a great example to our players as team leaders in the locker room as well. ...

"However ... these difficult moves allow us to position our team under the salary cap to move forward for 2014."

These moves should put the Saints under the salary cap for now. They were projected to be around $13-15 million over the cap, but they'll need even more space to re-sign or use the franchise tag on free-agent tight end Jimmy Graham and clear space for other free-agent signings."

In short, it was a thank you for the 2009 Superbowl, now here's a head start on finding another team/job because we're in cap trouble and would rather keep high-paid players on our famed offense...from the Saints.
    Please fax this to JR !!!!! Maybe he can learn something from this !!!!!!!
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Pretty funny. He won't be disappointed when he's signing his massive contract.

Also, I'm not much of a fan of Mike Florio's writing, but this reference is excellent: Jimmy’s finally getting upset.
    HANDS OFF JMMY!!!

DONT. TOUCH. JIMMY!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    HANDS OFF JMMY!!!

DONT. TOUCH. JIMMY!!
    Lmao

Always love a good seinfeld reference

+ Reply to Thread