+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

playing hard for coordinator scares me a bit

i relate it a little bit to a few years ago when the mr. mara passed on, the giants played in his honor, and they could have smoked any team that day. we need to be ready for a team that is backed into a corner. willing to lay it all out there. best thing the giants can do is try and match there passion and will. maybe even change the gameplan a little bit. hoping they over pursue, trying to hard. and is there a better weak for a flea flicker. that used to be a staple play for the giants. phil simms to stephen baker..... o the good days...... can you imagine if we had LT to go with our front 4. put him on JPPs side. could get ugly....... GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: playing hard for coordinator scares me a bit

[quote user="Pa1jintfan"]i relate it a little bit to a few years ago when the mr. mara passed on, the giants played in his honor, and they could have smoked any team that day. we need to be ready for a team that is backed into a corner. willing to lay it all out there.* best thing the giants can do is try and match there passion and will. maybe even change the gameplan a little bit. hoping they over pursue, trying to hard. and is there a better weak for a flea flicker. that used to be a staple play for the giants. phil simms to stephen baker..... o the good days......* can you imagine if we had LT to go with our front 4. put him on JPPs side.** could get ugly.......**** GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [/quote]

or a shotgun draw

yea, i could do without the gun draw. name your favorite trick plays.... love the hook and lateral. (ladder)

Guys.

Walt Disney didn't write the outcome of the game so the moral favorite doesn't get an edge.

Also Mara died during the regular season. We're in the playoffs now. The intesity is already at full volume. There's really no where else to go regardless of who dies.

Also I'm sure most of the players hardly even knew that kid so...

I don't mean to come off cold but...I mean alot of people die all the time. Why the hell are all these condolences flying around in this case?
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Veteran

[quote user="burier"]
    Walt Disney didn't write the outcome of the game so the moral favorite doesn't get an edge.
    [/quote]

He's too busy writing Bronco games

[quote user="NY_Eli"][quote user="burier"]
    [/quote]

He's too busy writing Bronco games[/quote]

nice
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

To me - I jump to the other conclusion that there is no way (and justifiably so) the coordiantor can have his head in the game and therfore an overall disadvantage to the team.

Starter

[quote user="burier"]Guys.

Also Mara died during the regular season. We're in the playoffs now. The intesity is already at full volume. There's really no where else to go regardless of who dies.

Also I'm sure most of the players hardly even knew that kid so...

I don't mean to come off cold but...I mean alot of people die all the time. Why the hell are all these condolences flying around in this case?[/quote]

Yeah maybe they didn't know the kid but they knew their OC, and to see him in mourning is gonna make them fired up. It's their relationship with their OC, not the relationship with the kid.

If someone related to KG, Fewell, or Coughlin died a week before a huge playoff game, I can guarantee our guys would be playing tougher than ever for them.

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="Pa1jintfan"]i relate it a little bit to a few years ago when the mr. mara passed on, the giants played in his honor, and they could have smoked any team that day. we need to be ready for a team that is backed into a corner. willing to lay it all out there.* best thing the giants can do is try and match there passion and will. maybe even change the gameplan a little bit. hoping they over pursue, trying to hard. and is there a better weak for a flea flicker. that used to be a staple play for the giants. phil simms to stephen baker..... o the good days......* can you imagine if we had LT to go with our front 4. put him on JPPs side.** could get ugly.......**** GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [/quote]

or a shotgun draw[/quote]Exactly....we get our next LT, Willis, or Lewis this year in the draft when we throw in Umenyiora as bait with 2 other pics to get our 1st round linebacker. There will be no stopping our D.

[quote user="lnp12"][quote user="burier"]Guys. Walt Disney didn't write the outcome of the game so the moral favorite doesn't get an edge. Also Mara died during the regular season. We're in the playoffs now. The intesity is already at full volume. There's really no where else to go regardless of who dies. Also I'm sure most of the players hardly even knew that kid so... I don't mean to come off cold but...I mean alot of people die all the time. Why the hell are all these condolences flying around in this case?[/quote]

Yeah maybe they didn't know the kid but they knew their OC, and to see him in mourning is gonna make them fired up. It's their relationship with their OC, not the relationship with the kid.

If someone related to KG, Fewell, or Coughlin died a week before a huge playoff game, I can guarantee our guys would be playing tougher than ever for them.
    [/quote]

I dont disagree with your last statement, but at the same time how could KG, Fewell or Coughlin be in any mental state to perform their job 100%?