+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Our Ref For Sunday Appears To Be.....

Re: Our Ref For Sunday Appears To Be.....

I don't know much about him as a ref though I'm sure I've probably seen him a 100 times, probably a good thing I guess. Anyone have any info on him/ his fairness?

yay not jeff triplette

all I know about him is he has an awful case of flabby arms where his triceps should be. It'll be too cold for short sleeves on Sunday so you prob wont be able to see it.

Dont know much about his rep as a ref

Bill Leavy (pronounced LEE-vee) is an American football official in the National Football League (NFL) since 1995 and is a retired San Jose, California Police Officer and Firefighter, serving for 27 years. As of the 2006 NFL season, Leavy has been assigned to nine playoff games and two Super Bowls in his NFL officiating career. He was selected as a back judge on the Super Bowl XXXIV officiating crew in 2000 and most recently headed up the Super Bowl XL officiating crew as referee in 2006. He wears uniform number 127. Leavy's 2011 NFL officiating crew consists of umpire Darrell Jenkins, head linesman George Hayward, line judge Mark Perlman, field judge Jim Quirk, side judge Keith Parham and back judge Keith Ferguson. Leavy is most commonly recognized for having admitted to blowing controversial calls in the Pittsburgh Steelers favor in Super Bowl XL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Leavy

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

no triplette... no winter... hoorah
    "...gently down the loser stream!!"

--80--

I have never had a problem with this ref, he's good.

Veteran

[quote user="Ruttiger711"]no triplette... no winter... hoorah[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote user="Gmen2005"]yay not jeff triplette
    [/quote]

You can say that again! Was praying that it wasn't Triplette
    I write differently from what I speak, I speak differently from what I think, I think differently from the way I ought to think, and so it all proceeds into deepest darkness.
    ― Franz Kafka

Veteran

This bothers me a bit, but it is better than it being Triplette again that's for sure:

"Leavy is most commonly recognized for having admitted to blowing controversial calls in the Pittsburgh Steelers favor in Super Bowl XL."

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35