+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 562 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Since the Giants didnt get the LB that everyone coveted I thought I would take a look at a few players that could help the Giants in 2011 headed by a trio of NC linebackers. Anyone who watches CFB and likes defense I would suggest watching UNC play this year. Butch Davis has built one hell of a team who I believe is a sleeper Top 10 team. I see a possible 6 or even maybe 7 guys who could go in the top 2 rounds. Anyone who wants to add feel free

This a video of the whole loaded Carolina front 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjDbP4qtAKc

*Quan Sturdivant 6-2 235 WLB/MLB- Sturdivant was my favorite LB prospect coming into the 2010 draft and I was upset when he returned to school. Sturdivant has great strength and speed like all the NC linebackers who all post 40's under 4.5. Quan has been the most productive of the linebackers and Im expecting big things from him again this year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz5ArUZAjjQ** not all of Quan but makes a few plays

*Bruce Carter 6-3 230 LB- Carter is a former safety who is*a little lanky but has the frame to be an absolute monster. He probably could get up 2 and play at about 245. Carter is extremely athletic setting the UNC vert record at 40 1/2" and posting a 4.45 40. I think he can be looked at for all 3 4-3 Linebacker spots. I like Carter and Im interested to watch him this year. He has the best frame and speed combo of all the linebackers.*I like Carters game and think he could play the middle if he can add bulk to his excellent frame skys the limit**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdwiwCVK2AE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPeEI-BEXCY

*Zach Brown 6-2 220 WLB- Brown hasnt played much but he is one of those guys that I could see coming from nowhere and become a first round pick. Brown timed out twice a 4.28 40 on 4 of 5 stop watches at the spring practices. He obviously needs to gain more weight but the tools are certainly there. Brown was a highly sought after recruit that should play a bigger role this year

I will be adding more but my computer shut off and I lost my post and I had to write again

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

agreed. i live in NC (near ECU) so i get to watch UNC play just about every sat and sturdivant/carter are 2 lb'rs i will be keeping a very close eye on. Also agree Davis has this team on the cusp of being a major contender.

If Goff, GWilk and Dillard don't work out this year, then I would be all for Quan Strudivant. Who knows where he will be ranked come draft time next year. But if we may have to trade up and get him if we have a late 1st rd pick. I shouldnt get too ahead of myself assuming we will be picking late in the 1st--LOL!!!

I have not looked at what other prospects will be available next spring. Of course there is the Locker and Mallet talk at QB. I would like to see what o-line and TE's will be available next draft. I like our selection of Petrus, but hope we can find our future at C or RT next year. Who knows Cordle may work out. After all O'Hara was undrafted.

“Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

Ohara is getting a little long in the tooth and although he has been exceptional the last 3 years he could turn downhill at any point

Stefan Wisniewski 6-3 300 C/G- Some have him listed as a latefirst rounder which I guess is possible but I think he is more of a mid to late2nd round prospect at center. Wisniwski started 12 games at center in 2009 but will be back at guard for 2010. (2)

Kristofer O'Dowd 6-5 300 C- He is the best center in the class no doubt and has the frame to bulk up a little more. I doubt the Giants would get the chance or even want to pick O'Dowdat 32 unless Oharas play falls of a cliff but somebody will get a good center prospect. The only problem I have with O'Dowd is that he is injury prone.The guy is tough and Carrol needed to remove himfrom the field because O'Dowd wanted to continue to play hurt (1-2)

Mike Pouncey 6-5 320 C/G- A lot of you liked his brother Maurkice and wanted the Giants to select him in the first round.While I liked Pouncey as the best interior lineman I wasnt crazy about a first round pick being used on him. Mike is a massive center but Im not quite sure if its best postion.He may be a better fit at guard but mentioned him because of the love his brother got on this board (2)

Jake Kirkpatrick 6-3 305 C/G- I was only going to mention the consensustop guys at the position for now but I really like Jake so I thought I would put his name on here. Jake is a freak athlete for a center who doesnt have that much experience playing football "Which should fit with Reese did in this draft LOL". Jake is the leader of an offensive line that was top 5 in rushing and 7th in sacks allowed. Most people have Jake as a 5th rounder. This is a pretty good class at center so that is possible but I think he will be a guy that creeps towards the top of the center rankings by draft time next year

Veteran

Greg Jones- MLB, Michigan State
    6'1" 237 lbs.

Career Stats
    358 Tackles 15 Sacks
    No Turnovers?

[quote user="Spizi"]Greg Jones- MLB, Michigan State 6'1" 237 lbs. Career Stats 358 Tackles 15 Sacks No Turnovers?[/quote]

I was going to mention Jones later but there is no way he weighs 237 .He weighs less then Sturdivant and Carter and they hover around 230. Jones I would say is 225 max. I think Jones may wind up at WLB in the NFL. Sturdivant might as well

LB Quan Sturdivant (PHOTO: UNC Athletic Communications)

If there is a draft where the giants take a LB in the 1st, its next years draft.

I absolutely love that LB draft class.

Bench Player

Mark Herzlich Boston College, if he comes back this year healthy the giants have to take him.

[quote user="Bignicks"]Mark Herzlich Boston College, if he comes back this year healthy the giants have to take him.[/quote]

Yea, hes another one who is going to be a 1st round rated guy.

Tons of ILB talent in that draft class, Ive never seen anything like it.

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="Spizi"]Greg Jones- MLB, Michigan State 6'1" 237 lbs. Career Stats 358 Tackles 15 Sacks No Turnovers?[/quote]

I was going to mention Jones later but there is no way he weighs 237 .He weighs less then Sturdivant and Carter and they hover around 230. Jones I would say is 225 max. I think Jones may wind up at WLB in the NFL. Sturdivant might as well

LB Quan Sturdivant (PHOTO: UNC Athletic Communications)

[/quote]

He played at 222lbs. last year, but in a recent interview this month he said he put on 15 lbs. and he is up to 237.

+ Reply to Thread