+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 562 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

Greg Jones 6-1 224 MLB/WLB Jones has been the most productive of all these guys by far but he doesnt have the frameor speedthat that the UNC LB's have. I do have to admit his production was SUH like this year 154 tackles 9 sacks 14.0 TFL 8 QB hurries. I think he projects as a WLB but who knows he could still grow into his body. He isalright in man and zone coverage and has competitive speed but is not fast.He could of came out this year but I think he was smart to comeback he needs the added bulk. People might not agree with me because his numbers are so good but I dont think he is as good as the numbers wouldlead U to believe.While he is alright in coverage State doesnt use him in that role as he blitzes the QB on passing downs

Im just gunna throw this out there, but if we do in fact need a Safety, Junior Rahim Moore- UCLA. If he comes out as a Junior, As a sophmore he had 11 INT. Incredible in coverage.

Veteran

Just a thought of the Giants drafting a linebacker from North Carolina gives me a goosebump. Asides from line backer, I would love if Giants concentrate on O-Line and a speedy rb and a speedy receiver in next year's draft. We still don't have a home run threat on our offense.

Bench Player

Is Nigel Bradham of FSU going to come out next year? He's a great LB for the Noles, was also 5 star recruit.

The Giants struggled running the ball in 2009 and were reportedly high on CJ Spiller. I am a big advocate of the Giants getting an elite pass catching back if he brings home run speed even better. Depending on what happens with Jacobs and Bradshaw will determine how high the Giants take a guy. If Brown or Ware doesnt emerge as a legitimate receiver the Giants could still take a guy that could catch the ball. I dont think the Giants will spend a first rounder so I will exclude the likes of Mark Ingram but if somebody wants 2 add him feel free. These guys are just some early favorites and guys I will be watching for early in the year

Demarco Murray 6-1 215 - I was high on Murray coming into the 2010 draft and he decided to return to school. Murray has been banged up and was projected as a 4th rounder so he wisely returned. Murray has a similar running style and build to that of Adrian Peterson and like Peterson has shown the tendency to get nicked up. Murray has a knack at getting open and finding space in the passing game and had 41 receptions in 2009. Some people have Murray projected as a first rounder but I dont believe he will go that high. His history of being nicked up makes him 2-3 round prospect. (2-3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfgrU7mTBeM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtmtS...eature=related

Noel Devine 5-8 175-I was shocked when Devine decided to return to school at first but seeing how Spiller was a projected 2nd rounder in 2008 returned and went in the top 10 im thinking Devine may be banking on the same thing. I dont think Devine will go in the top 10 but its quite possible he could go in the range that Chris Johnson did. With Mcclustergoing at 36Devine will mostly go at the end of round 1. So if the Giants return to the playoffs he may be right in there draft range. Ilike Devine and think his break away speedand play making abilitywould make a huge impact on the Giants offense.Like McclusterDevine has proven to be durable and productive. Devine has had over 200 carries the last 2 years and managed a YPC over 6.0. The only difference is Devine comes with the elite speed Mccluster doesnt. (1-2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp9MuxAszEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Otxa...eature=related

JacquizRodgers 5-7 191- Every year theres specific players I try to watch when I dont know a lot about them Rodgers will be one of them this year. Rodgers had an other worldly 78 receptions in 2009 to go along with his 273 carries. For a college player that is carrying the load on a whole other scale .Rodgers carry totals make me think he will be coming out in the 2011 draft that is just a lot of miles on his legs before he goes to the NFL. Rodgersdoesnt appear to have elite speed for that size so I will be looking to see just how shifty he is season but I am certainly intrigued by his pass catching (2-3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5XwHwe0QNI

Brandon Saine 6-1 217- Mildly productive in his first year without Wells around. Saine possess a nice Speed size combo and good skill set. I have a feeling Saine is going to be a better pro then he was in college. Splitting the carries with Herron will limit his productivity but someone will end up getting a good player at a discounted price. (4)

Barron Batch 5-11 205- Batch caught my eye in the Alamo bowl last year as he racked up 185 yards from scrimmage. Batch has good speed and has proven to be a good receiver in TT's screwed up offense. (5)

Veteran

I want Noel Devine. I've been following him since highschool, and he is unbelievable. He averaged 18.5 carries a game last year, so you he can take a pounding. Look for him to have another insane year and add to his already ridiculous production.

Isn't it a LITTLE too early for this??????????

Who knows how our new picks will fare this year?

[quote user="IBleedBlue78"]Isn't it a LITTLE too early for this?????????? Who knows how our new picks will fare this year?[/quote]

In case U didnt notice Ive been touching on the spots we didnt address. Im projecting are needs for 2011 LB/C/RB and next CB and RT. If your not interested U dont have to contribute. I follow CFB and its players so Im informed when the draft rolls around. Im sharing with others, players that I will be watching this coming season and askingposters to do the same.Unlike most I watch the games and have my own opinions that arenot formed by reading Draftdog 2 months before the draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="IBleedBlue78"]Isn't it a LITTLE too early for this?????????? Who knows how our new picks will fare this year?[/quote]

In case U didnt notice Ive been touching on the spots we didnt address. Im projecting are needs for 2011** LB/C/RB* and next CB and RT. If your not interested U dont have to contribute. I follow CFB and its players so Im informed when the draft rolls around. Im sharing with others, players that I will be watching this coming season and asking*posters to do the same.*Unlike most I watch the games and have my own opinions that are*not formed by reading Draftdog 2 months before the draft*

[/quote]

i think we go O-line in next years draft, everyone on our line is over thirty or close to it exception being snee

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Ohara is getting a little long in the tooth and although he has been exceptional the last 3 years he could turn downhill at any point

Stefan Wisniewski 6-3 300 C/G- Some have him listed as a latefirst rounder which I guess is possible but I think he is more of a mid to late2nd round prospect at center. Wisniwski started 12 games at center in 2009 but will be back at guard for 2010. (2)

Kristofer O'Dowd 6-5 300 C- He is the best center in the class no doubt and has the frame to bulk up a little more. I doubt the Giants would get the chance or even want to pick O'Dowdat 32 unless Oharas play falls of a cliff but somebody will get a good center prospect. The only problem I have with O'Dowd is that he is injury prone.The guy is tough and Carrol needed to remove himfrom the field because O'Dowd wanted to continue to play hurt (1-2)

Mike Pouncey 6-5 320 C/G- A lot of you liked his brother Maurkice and wanted the Giants to select him in the first round.While I liked Pouncey as the best interior lineman I wasnt crazy about a first round pick being used on him. Mike is a massive center but Im not quite sure if its best postion.He may be a better fit at guard but mentioned him because of the love his brother got on this board (2)

Jake Kirkpatrick 6-3 305 C/G- I was only going to mention the consensustop guys at the position for now but I really like Jake so I thought I would put his name on here. Jake is a freak athlete for a center who doesnt have that much experience playing football "Which should fit with Reese did in this draft LOL". Jake is the leader of an offensive line that was top 5 in rushing and 7th in sacks allowed. Most people have Jake as a 5th rounder. This is a pretty good class at center so that is possible but I think he will be a guy that creeps towards the top of the center rankings by draft time next year

[/quote] I was gonna put up Pouncey and O'Dowd, u obviously already got there.. I will add a Center who i think will move up alot during the Season..

Dan Wegner C Notre Dame
    - A very gritty, hardnosed competitor, who was highly recrutied coming out of highschool.... I think hes gonna move up teams boards bigtime this yr...

Obi Ezeh ILB Michigan
    - Heres a ILB to watch out for this yr.. This guys is poised to breakout in a big way, watch him climb ladders this season! He'd of been a early 3rd rd pick this yr, if he came out.. This guy is a sure tackler, that can explode downhill, and isn't really a liability in coverege.

+ Reply to Thread