+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 562 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="Armstead#98"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Armstead#98"]I would love to draft Patrick Peterson... he is a unreal CB.. I can see a scenario where 2010 is Ross and Webster last years as Giants
    [/quote]

Lol. Only way 2010 is websters last year as a giant is if he has some major career ending injury.[/quote]
    Corey Webster sucks... If he has another year like he had last season he will be cut.. The Giants are paying that huge salary for the play Webster brings to the field..You can take that to the bank
    [/quote]

I was saying the same thing when somebody made the Terrell Thomas vs. Aaron Ross thread. Corey Webster is overrated and over paid because of the Super Bowl run.

I wanted Kyle Wilson or Devin McCourty in the first round this year. I wish FSU's CB Greg Reid was eligible to come out after this season; he's gonna be a beast.

Donald Buckram from UTEP is a sleeper RB this year in College Football.

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]
    I don't know about Mark Ingram, cause i think he's gonna go top 10, and at least, top 12-15... I also think Sturdivant makes it in to RD 1, and Wisniewski goes before we'd pick in RD 3... I'd be stoked if your draft played out for us.... Mine, would go like this, as Extremley early mock

1. Matt Reynolds OT BYU
    2. Jaquizz Rodgers RB Oregon ST.
    3. Weslye Saunders TE S.Carolina
    4. Malcolm Smith WLB USC
    5. Dan Wenger C Notre Dame
    6. Dejon Gomes CB Nebraska
    7. Scotty McKnight WR Colorado
    [/quote]

Firstly I have assumed we draft around the same as last year. While I am certainly optimistic and hopefull of a good season, the bottom line is at the moment we are a mid level team based on performaces last year. I will wait until I see improved performaces on the field before I revise my expectations too much.

I think Ingram may be there, RBs have certainly slipped in recent years. Don't forget he will likely be sharing carries this year.

CB, ILB, and OC are shaping up as good classes with a few options

DE is looking stacked and I guess could be an option depending on what happens with Kiwanuka and Osi

Anyways it was my early mock right after the draft, we will see how things shake up over the year.

QB,LB and CB is loaded with top prospects. I also like the group of Centers that r coming out. The Safety class could be very top heavy if the juniors come out. The LB class has some strange players that Im not sure of what to make of them. Greg Jones and Kelvin Shepard r guys that i will be watching to see exactly where they fit. At the moment I would rate the class as

1.QB

2.CB

3.LB

[quote user="NYGJayPro81"][quote user="Armstead#98"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Armstead#98"]I would love to draft Patrick Peterson... he is a unreal CB.. I can see a scenario where 2010 is Ross and Webster last years as Giants
    [/quote]

Lol. Only way 2010 is websters last year as a giant is if he has some major career ending injury.[/quote]
    Corey Webster sucks... If he has another year like he had last season he will be cut.. The Giants are paying that huge salary for the play Webster brings to the field..You can take that to the bank
    [/quote]

I was saying the same thing when somebody made the Terrell Thomas vs. Aaron Ross thread. Corey Webster is overrated and over paid because of the Super Bowl run.

I wanted Kyle Wilson or Devin McCourty in the first round this year. I wish FSU's CB Greg Reid was eligible to come out after this season; he's gonna be a beast.[/quote]
    Corey had a good SB run and a good 2008 but last year was a absolute disaster for him.. If he has a season like that next year he will be cut.. No way in hell the Giants pay 8 million a year for that caliber of play... I love the idea of a Patrick Peterson, Terrell Thomas, Kenny Phillips, Antrelle Rolle , Chad Jones Secondary for the future

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Ohara is getting a little long in the tooth and although he has been exceptional the last 3 years he could turn downhill at any point

Stefan Wisniewski 6-3 300 C/G- Some have him listed as a latefirst rounder which I guess is possible but I think he is more of a mid to late2nd round prospect at center. Wisniwski started 12 games at center in 2009 but will be back at guard for 2010. (2)

Kristofer O'Dowd 6-5 300 C- He is the best center in the class no doubt and has the frame to bulk up a little more. I doubt the Giants would get the chance or even want to pick O'Dowdat 32 unless Oharas play falls of a cliff but somebody will get a good center prospect. The only problem I have with O'Dowd is that he is injury prone.The guy is tough and Carrol needed to remove himfrom the field because O'Dowd wanted to continue to play hurt (1-2)

Mike Pouncey 6-5 320 C/G- A lot of you liked his brother Maurkice and wanted the Giants to select him in the first round.While I liked Pouncey as the best interior lineman I wasnt crazy about a first round pick being used on him. Mike is a massive center but Im not quite sure if its best postion.He may be a better fit at guard but mentioned him because of the love his brother got on this board (2)

Jake Kirkpatrick 6-3 305 C/G- I was only going to mention the consensustop guys at the position for now but I really like Jake so I thought I would put his name on here. Jake is a freak athlete for a center who doesnt have that much experience playing football "Which should fit with Reese did in this draft LOL". Jake is the leader of an offensive line that was top 5 in rushing and 7th in sacks allowed. Most people have Jake as a 5th rounder. This is a pretty good class at center so that is possible but I think he will be a guy that creeps towards the top of the center rankings by draft time next year

[/quote] I was gonna put up Pouncey and O'Dowd, u obviously already got there.. I will add a Center who i think will move up alot during the Season..

Dan Wegner C Notre Dame
    - A very gritty, hardnosed competitor, who was highly recrutied coming out of highschool.... I think hes gonna move up teams boards bigtime this yr...

Obi Ezeh ILB Michigan
    - Heres a ILB to watch out for this yr.. This guys is poised to breakout in a big way, watch him climb ladders this season! He'd of been a early 3rd rd pick this yr, if he came out.. This guy is a sure tackler, that can explode downhill, and isn't really a liability in coverege.
    [/quote]

Obi Ezeh - FTW

Early 2011 Big Board 1-25

1.Ryan Mallet- QB Arkansas-Mallet is a physical beast who admittedly is extremely raw.Mallets TD to Int ratio was 30-7 last year with a completion percentage of just under 56%. The decision making is there if the accuracy improves along with his physical attributes look out.

2.Patrick Peterson CB LSU- The best corner prospect in years at 6-1 211. Think Antrell Rolle in college.

3. Jake Locker QB Washington- Has some blemishes that he isnt called on but has great footwork for a college QB

4. Robert Quinn DE North Carolina- 52 tackles 19 TFL and 11 sacks as a sophomore for the loaded Tarheels defense.

5.Adrian Clayborn 3-4 DE Iowa- The first of an absolutely loaded 3-4 End class. 11 sacks 70 tackles with 20 TFL.

6.Cameron Heyward 3-4 DE Ohio State- Very high motor player that plays inside and out.

7. AJ Green WR Georgia- Crisp route runner with great NFL size.

8. Marcel Dareus 3-4 DE/DT Alabama- Plays both positions in Alabama's multi front hybrid defense.

9. Julio Jones WR Alabama- Julio had a down year but there is no question the tools are there

10. Greg Romeus DE Pitt- Very athletic for a 6-5 270LB DE.

11. Andrew Luck QB Stanford- A lot of people are very high on Luck and I have seen him projected by some as the number 1 pick in the 2011 draft.

12. Joe Barksdale T LSU- In my opinion a better left tackle prospect then Ciron Black he will get his chance to prove it this fall.

13. Prince Akamura CB Nebraska- Reminds me a lot of Corey Webster a physical corner who excels in man and struggles in zone.

14. Gabe Carimi T Wisconsin- Personally I think he is a better fit for RT but we will see

15. Jonathan Baldwin WR Pitt- Another Giant receiver at 6-5 225 this class has some good ones

16. Ras I Dowling FS/CB Virgina- Dowling reminds me of Malcom Jenkins.Depending on the team he gets drafted he may end up at free safety.

17. Von Miller 3-4 OLB Texas A&M- Miller is one hell of a pass rusher. Strictly a 3-4 prospect unless he gains 25 pounds.

18.Bruce Carter LB NC- Carter possess great raw skill and in my opinion could play any linebacker spot. He needs to bulk up to move to the middle but he certainly has the frame

19.Marvin Austin DT NC-Based on potential Austin could be at the top of the charts but the production just isn't there

20.Rahim Moore S UCLA-Had an other worldly 10 interceptions in 2009

21.Jared Crick 3/4 DE/DT- Lost in the shuffle of Suh's fantastic season Crick quietly put together a season that would jump out if u weren't playing next to the best DT in the country. Crick had 9.5 Sacks and 73 tackles 15 TFL

22.Deandre Mcdaniel S Clemson-Another ball hawking FS Mcdanielhad7 interceptions in 2009. Ball hawking safeties

23.Aaron Williams CB Texas- Another big physical corner for the 2011 draft

24.Mark Ingram RB Alabama- The Heisman trophy winner doesn't have elite size or speed. He does run hard and possess an all around skill set

25.Allen Bailey 3-4 DE/DT Miami- The U can return to the 1st round of the NFL draft with a freak of an athlete in Allen Bailey.

26-50 Later

1.Ryan Mallet- QB Arkansas-Mallet is a physical beast who admittedly is extremely raw.Mallets TD to Int ratio was 30-7 last year with a completion percentage of just under 56%. The decision making is there if the accuracy improves along with his physical attributes look out.

2.Patrick Peterson CB LSU- The best corner prospect in years at 6-1 211. Think Antrell Rolle in college.

3. Jake Locker QB Washington- Has some blemishes that he isnt called on but has great footwork for a college QB

4. Robert Quinn DE North Carolina- 52 tackles 19 TFL and 11 sacks as a sophomore for the loaded Tarheels defense.

5.Adrian Clayborn 3-4 DE Iowa- The first of an absolutely loaded 3-4 End class. 11 sacks 70 tackles with 20 TFL.

6.Cameron Heyward 3-4 DE Ohio State- Very high motor player that plays inside and out.

8. Marcel Dareus 3-4 DE/DT Alabama- Plays both positions in Alabama's multi front hybrid defense.

9. Julio Jones WR Alabama- Julio had a down year but there is no question the tools are there

11. Andrew Luck QB Stanford- A lot of people are very high on Luck and I have seen him projected by some as the number 1 pick in the 2011 draft.

12. Joe Barksdale T LSU- In my opinion a better left tackle prospect then Ciron Black he will get his chance to prove it this fall.

13. Prince Akamura CB Nebraska- Reminds me a lot of Corey Webster a physical corner who excels in man and struggles in zone.

14. Gabe Carimi T Wisconsin- Personally I think he is a better fit for RT but we will see

15. Jonathan Baldwin WR Pitt- Another Giant receiver at 6-5 225 this class has some good ones

16. Ras I Dowling FS/CB Virgina- Dowling reminds me of Malcom Jenkins.Depending on the team he gets drafted he may end up at free safety.

17. Von Miller 3-4 OLB Texas A&M- Miller is one hell of a pass rusher. Strictly a 3-4 prospect unless he gains 25 pounds.

18.Bruce Carter LB NC- Carter possess great raw skill and in my opinion could play any linebacker spot. He needs to bulk up to move to the middle but he certainly has the frame

19.Marvin Austin DT NC-Based on potential Austin could be at the top of the charts but the production just isn't there

21.Jared Crick 3/4 DE/DT- Lost in the shuffle of Suh's fantastic season Crick quietly put together a season that would jump out if u weren't playing next to the best DT in the country. Crick had 9.5 Sacks and 73 tackles 15 TFL

22.Deandre Mcdaniel S Clemson-Another ball hawking FS Mcdanielhad7 interceptions in 2009. Ball hawking safeties

24.Mark Ingram RB Alabama- The Heisman trophy winner doesn't have elite size or speed. He does run hard and possess an all around skill set

25.Allen Bailey 3-4 DE/DT Miami- The U can return to the 1st round of the NFL draft with a freak of an athlete in Allen Bailey.

26-50 Later

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

26-50 Later

[/quote] A guy, i kinda like alot, is Matt Renyolds OT BYU... He has RT written all over em, and if we have a Big Yr, and draft in the later 20's or hopefully last pick of Rd 1, i'd definetly not mind scooping him up for Kareem McKenzies positon, then Move Diehl Inside, and have Beatty on the LT positon..

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

26-50 Later

[/quote] A guy, i kinda like alot, is Matt Renyolds OT BYU... He has RT written all over em, and if we have a Big Yr, and draft in the later 20's or hopefully last pick of Rd 1, i'd definetly not mind scooping him up for Kareem McKenzies positon, then Move Diehl Inside, and have Beatty on the LT positon..

+ Reply to Thread