+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 562 FirstFirst ... 567891757107507 ... LastLast

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="jeffgman"]I like this thread. I'm taking notes and writing down names. I love college ball! And I enjoy watching players I know. Good thread Redeyejedi. If anyone plays NCAA 11 let me know. (xbox)[/quote]</P>

I started a College Football thread on here for the 11 season that I will be updating with some top early games soon. Please contribute last years thread went 6 pages before I gave up talking to myself on it</P>

matt reynolds, big mamouth RT prospect from BYU

Donta Hightower, reminds me of McClain, big bruising LB, who dosen't have positon yet, could go back to WS, or be replacement for McClain at MLB, which i think he will do...

Greg Jones, ultra productive, grinder, whos in on every play, hasen't done much in pass game....

Nate Solder OT COL- a monster of a man, with freakish Athletic skills, will be fun to see if his athletiscim brings him to the top of RD 1, or the bottom, or even out.. Really Really worth keeping a Eye on....

Kyle Rudolph, a scoring threat TE, whos more naturally gifted then K.Boss is, and if were in a pinch, and picking late in RD 1, its a name to keep a eye on...

Malcolm Smith- Steves Brother, has got some skills as a WLB, and i expect his name to garner more attention as season goes on....

Speaking of USC lb's, Chris Gallipo should bring the pain this yr, and expect a ALL AROUND season for the USC MLB, even better then 09, where he really put together a ALL AROUND SEASON, making plays behind the line of scrimmage, jarring balls lose, and even making plays against the pass... Watch For Malcolm Smith and Gallipo to both have bigtime yr's..

So, again, heres the names i'm looking forward to following among others..

Donta Hightower
    Matt Reynolds
    Kyle Rudolph
    Nate Solder
    Malcolm Smith
    Chris Gallipo
    Quan Sturdivant
    Dan Wegner(sleeper C prospect)
    Mark Herzlich(if healthy, my lord, watch out!)
    Jaquizz Rodgers(would certainly be worth a first rd flyer if we pick late, and don't find suitable KR/PR this season, and would kick but as a 3rd down RB/WR type as well, a all around speedy weapon)

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

The Giants struggled running the ball in 2009 and were reportedly high on CJ Spiller. I am a big advocate of the Giants getting an elite pass catching back if he brings home run speed even better. Depending on what happens with Jacobs and Bradshaw will determine how high the Giants take a guy. If Brown or Ware doesnt emerge as a legitimate receiver the Giants could still take a guy that could catch the ball. I dont think the Giants will spend a first rounder so I will exclude the likes of Mark Ingram but if somebody wants 2 add him feel free. These guys are just some early favorites and guys I will be watching for early in the year</p>

</p>

Demarco Murray 6-1 215 - I was high on Murray coming into the 2010 draft and he decided to return to school. Murray has been banged up and was projected as a 4th rounder so he wisely returned. Murray has a similar running style and build to that of Adrian Peterson and like Peterson has shown the tendency to get nicked up. Murray has a knack at getting open and finding space in the passing game and had 41 receptions in 2009. Some people have Murray projected as a first rounder but I dont believe he will go that high. His history of being nicked up makes him 2-3 round prospect. (2-3)</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfgrU7mTBeM</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtmtS...eature=related</p>

Noel Devine 5-8 175-I was shocked when Devine decided to return to school at first but seeing how Spiller was a projected 2nd rounder in 2008 returned and went in the top 10 im thinking Devine may be banking on the same thing. I dont think Devine will go in the top 10 but its quite possible he could go in the range that Chris Johnson did. With Mcclustergoing at 36Devine will mostly go at the end of round 1. So if the Giants return to the playoffs he may be right in there draft range. Ilike Devine and think his break away speedand play making abilitywould make a huge impact on the Giants offense.Like McclusterDevine has proven to be durable and productive. Devine has had over 200 carries the last 2 years and managed a YPC over 6.0. The only difference is Devine comes with the elite speed Mccluster doesnt. (1-2)</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp9MuxAszEM</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Otxa...eature=related</p>

</p>

JacquizRodgers 5-7 191- Every year theres specific players I try to watch when I dont know a lot about them Rodgers will be one of them this year. Rodgers had an other worldly 78 receptions in 2009 to go along with his 273 carries. For a college player that is carrying the load on a whole other scale .Rodgers carry totals make me think he will be coming out in the 2011 draft that is just a lot of miles on his legs before he goes to the NFL. Rodgersdoesnt appear to have elite speed for that size so I will be looking to see just how shifty he is season but I am certainly intrigued by his pass catching (2-3)</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5XwHwe0QNI</p>

Brandon Saine 6-1 217- Mildly productive in his first year without Wells around. Saine possess a nice Speed size combo and good skill set. I have a feeling Saine is going to be a better pro then he was in college. Splitting the carries with Herron will limit his productivity but someone will end up getting a good player at a discounted price. (4)</p>

Barron Batch 5-11 205- Batch caught my eye in the Alamo bowl last year as he racked up 185 yards from scrimmage. Batch has good speed and has proven to be a good receiver in TT's screwed up offense. (5)</p>[/quote] I love Brandon Saine, if there was a Ryan Grant Clone, he may be it...

A potential 2nd day pick, DE Christian Anthony from Grambling, suffered a heart attack yesterday.

Pretty crazy for someone his age and in great shape.

http://www.bigbluechip.com/my-blog/2...rt-attack.html

[quote user="hammersavage"]
    <H3 class=entry-header><FONT size=3>2011 NFL Draft Pre-Season Preview: Defensive Tackle</FONT></H3>

[/quote]</P>

This is a pretty good DT class . I think DT will be an early target again next year</P>

Veteran

I'm thinking that Reese will use this coming draft to fortify the OL, and (probably) either S, LB, or CB (depending on if/how Jones comes back from his accident, and how the linebackers perform)

TE, FB, or RB could be secondary.

I've noticed that in the last two years Reese has taken about half his picks and really bolster a particular area. Yes, he drafts for value first, but JR and friends are good enough scouts that value and need tend to coincide.

[quote user="Raptor22"]I'm thinking that Reese will use this coming draft to fortify the OL, and (probably) either S, LB, or CB (depending on if/how Jones comes back from his accident, and how the linebackers perform)

TE, FB, or RB could be secondary.

I've noticed that in the last two years Reese has taken about half his picks and really bolster a particular area. Yes, he drafts for value first, but JR and friends are good enough scouts that value and need tend to coincide.
    [/quote]</P>

A RT and a Center are a must if Ohara goes downhill quick the Giants could be in some trouble. They have 3 guys fortified for the future they need 2 more starters. Is Petrus a guy? Maybe , Either he or Diehl could possibly play RT as well. Safety again is a possibility although an early indication this group isnt anywhere near as good as last year. If the underclassman come out the top is good not much depth though. CB could be fine depending how they perform if Ross falters a nickelback could be a big priority. The CB position is loaded at the top. The LB class is very good as well if the Giants dont takea MLB highin the 11 draft they never will.</P>

DT still could be a need Alford and Coefieldcould be FA or RFA depending on what happens with the CBA and Bernard has underperformed thus far. When I start looking at it, I see a lot of holes on this roster</P>

Veteran

Sturdivant looks downright dirty, could be the next big MLB since Willis. Definitely appears to have all the tools, plays well in space, makes plays, seems like a smart player. I'm curious to see how he plays between the tackles and how he can take on the interior OL's in the run game. If he can do that you're looking at a future star.

Reese will certainly take need into account. If Goff/Wilk/Dillard show that they're ready to step up and play well then I think Reese will look to fortify the OL first and foremost.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="hammersavage"]
    <h3 class="entry-header"><font size="3">2011 NFL Draft Pre-Season Preview: Defensive Tackle</font></h3>

[/quote]</p>

This is a pretty good DT class . I think DT will be an early target again next year</p>[/quote]

depending how the D plays out this season, its very possible.

+ Reply to Thread