+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 562 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108508 ... LastLast

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="Raptor22"]I'm thinking that Reese will use this coming draft to fortify the OL, and (probably) either S, LB, or CB (depending on if/how Jones comes back from his accident, and how the linebackers perform)

TE, FB, or RB could be secondary.

I've noticed that in the last two years Reese has taken about half his picks and really bolster a particular area. Yes, he drafts for value first, but JR and friends are good enough scouts that value and need tend to coincide.
    [/quote]

A RT and a Center are a must if Ohara goes downhill quick the Giants could be in some trouble. They have 3 guys fortified for the future they need 2 more starters. Is Petrus a guy? Maybe , Either he or Diehl could possibly play RT as well. Safety again is a possibility although an early indication this group isnt anywhere near as good as last year. If the underclassman come out the top is good not much depth though. CB could be fine depending how they perform if Ross falters a nickelback could be a big priority. The CB position is loaded at the top. The LB class is very good as well if the Giants dont takea MLB highin the 11 draft they never will.

DT still could be a need Alford and Coefieldcould be FA or RFA depending on what happens with the CBA and Bernard has underperformed thus far. When I start looking at it, I see a lot of holes on this roster

[/quote]definetly feeling the LB class this yr, and even with boley, if we get a chance to get Travis Lewis, i would hope we'd pull that trigger, hes the best LB in the country in my opinion.. Greg Jones would be a nice WLB pickup, similar to Daryl Washington of this past draft.. Then u got Steve Smiths brother Malcolm SMith, who i think is poised to have a big yr, USC is stout at LB, with Chris Gallipo in the middle and Malcom SMith.. OBviously, Sturdivant is another LB i like, as well as Kelvin Sheppard and Mark Herzlich.. If Herzlich is healthy, my lord, watch out!

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="hammersavage"]

2011 NFL Draft Pre-Season Preview: Defensive Tackle

[/quote]

This is a pretty good DT class . I think DT will be an early target again next year

[/quote]
    Absolutely....Im thinking...
    OT ( Free Agency).......1st round (MLB)....2nd DT or CB....3rd C.....4th...TE....I could see something like this happening....Too early to say

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

The Giants struggled running the ball in 2009 and were reportedly high on CJ Spiller. I am a big advocate of the Giants getting an elite pass catching back if he brings home run speed even better. Depending on what happens with Jacobs and Bradshaw will determine how high the Giants take a guy. If Brown or Ware doesnt emerge as a legitimate receiver the Giants could still take a guy that could catch the ball. I dont think the Giants will spend a first rounder so I will exclude the likes of Mark Ingram but if somebody wants 2 add him feel free. These guys are just some early favorites and guys I will be watching for early in the year

Demarco Murray 6-1 215 - I was high on Murray coming into the 2010 draft and he decided to return to school. Murray has been banged up and was projected as a 4th rounder so he wisely returned. Murray has a similar running style and build to that of Adrian Peterson and like Peterson has shown the tendency to get nicked up. Murray has a knack at getting open and finding space in the passing game and had 41 receptions in 2009. Some people have Murray projected as a first rounder but I dont believe he will go that high. His history of being nicked up makes him 2-3 round prospect. (2-3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfgrU7mTBeM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtmtS...eature=related

Noel Devine 5-8 175-I was shocked when Devine decided to return to school at first but seeing how Spiller was a projected 2nd rounder in 2008 returned and went in the top 10 im thinking Devine may be banking on the same thing. I dont think Devine will go in the top 10 but its quite possible he could go in the range that Chris Johnson did. With Mcclustergoing at 36Devine will mostly go at the end of round 1. So if the Giants return to the playoffs he may be right in there draft range. Ilike Devine and think his break away speedand play making abilitywould make a huge impact on the Giants offense.Like McclusterDevine has proven to be durable and productive. Devine has had over 200 carries the last 2 years and managed a YPC over 6.0. The only difference is Devine comes with the elite speed Mccluster doesnt. (1-2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp9MuxAszEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Otxa...eature=related

JacquizRodgers 5-7 191- Every year theres specific players I try to watch when I dont know a lot about them Rodgers will be one of them this year. Rodgers had an other worldly 78 receptions in 2009 to go along with his 273 carries. For a college player that is carrying the load on a whole other scale .Rodgers carry totals make me think he will be coming out in the 2011 draft that is just a lot of miles on his legs before he goes to the NFL. Rodgersdoesnt appear to have elite speed for that size so I will be looking to see just how shifty he is season but I am certainly intrigued by his pass catching (2-3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5XwHwe0QNI

Brandon Saine 6-1 217- Mildly productive in his first year without Wells around. Saine possess a nice Speed size combo and good skill set. I have a feeling Saine is going to be a better pro then he was in college. Splitting the carries with Herron will limit his productivity but someone will end up getting a good player at a discounted price. (4)

Barron Batch 5-11 205- Batch caught my eye in the Alamo bowl last year as he racked up 185 yards from scrimmage. Batch has good speed and has proven to be a good receiver in TT's screwed up offense. (5)

[/quote]

I didnt have Ryan Williams on here and just wanted to add him because I didnt mention some of the top tier guys. I have Williams as of now as the top RB in the 2011 class.

Ryan Williams 5-10 206- As a redshirt sophmore Williams busted out 1695 yards on 293 carries and 21 TD's . An every down back with sub 4.5 speed and a solid build. (1)

The more I look through the 2011 draft the more Im stunned by the depth.

A guy like Quan Sturdivant is a first round talent, even if he has a very good year he may not get drafted till like the 3rd round.

A guy like Noel Devine much the same. Maybe a 3rd rounder, even if he does run a 4.25 at the combine.

Deunta Williams the FS may also not go until the 3rd or later.

There are at least 4 senior DEs that are going to be first rounders, maybe 5. And there are a couple juniors that could be 1st round DEs - Robert Quinn specifically. Another pretty good OT class, could be 5 or more taken in the 1st round.

The safety class looks relatively weak, at least compared to last year. CB isnt as strong either, not as much depth though the top guys (Amakamara and Peterson if he declares) are better than the guys last year.

The senior WR class is also pretty weak this year.

[quote user="slipknottin"]The more I look through the 2011 draft the more Im stunned by the depth. A guy like Quan Sturdivant is a first round talent, even if he has a very good year he may not get drafted till like the 3rd round. A guy like Noel Devine much the same. Maybe a 3rd rounder, even if he does run a 4.25 at the combine. Deunta Williams the FS may also not go until the 3rd or later. There are at least 4 senior DEs that are going to be first rounders, maybe 5. And there are a couple juniors that could be 1st round DEs - Robert Quinn specifically. Another pretty good OT class, could be 5 or more taken in the 1st round. The safety class looks relatively weak, at least compared to last year. CB isnt as strong either, not as much depth though the top guys (Amakamara and Peterson if he declares) are better than the guys last year. The senior WR class is also pretty weak this year.[/quote]I actually think the corners at the top are very strong if the juniors come out but your right the depth isnt there. Safetyhas some nice players atthe top but there is nowhere near the depth as last year. DE is unbelievably strong at the top there are some hulking ends.It will be interesting to me to see what NFL team selects Cameron Heyward and how they use him. Its all underclassman at WR but theres some nice ones Julio Jones,Jonathan Baldwin,AJ Green, Michael Floyd and Devier Posey all listed over 6-3 and all run under a 4.5. LB is were the meat of this class is though. Im really hoping the Giants select one to solidy that postion for the next decade. They can still get a good one in the 2nd round

[quote user="slipknottin"]The more I look through the 2011 draft the more Im stunned by the depth.

A guy like Quan Sturdivant is a first round talent, even if he has a very good year he may not get drafted till like the 3rd round.

A guy like Noel Devine much the same. Maybe a 3rd rounder, even if he does run a 4.25 at the combine.

Deunta Williams the FS may also not go until the 3rd or later.

There are at least 4 senior DEs that are going to be first rounders, maybe 5. And there are a couple juniors that could be 1st round DEs - Robert Quinn specifically. Another pretty good OT class, could be 5 or more taken in the 1st round.

The safety class looks relatively weak, at least compared to last year. CB isnt as strong either, not as much depth though the top guys (Amakamara and Peterson if he declares) are better than the guys last year.

The senior WR class is also pretty weak this year.[/quote] Depending on what the Jr's do, this has a great chance of being a deep safety class.. U potentially could have Rahim Moore who had 10ints last yr, Will Hill, Mark Barron, Deunta Williams, Tyler Sash all coming out, i'm sure a couple won't but still, i fully expect at least 3or4 of em 2 declare, with williams being a sr... THen u got some depth with Shiloh Keo of Idaho, and A sleeper of mine, Davonte Shannon of U of Buffalo..

As for OT, i coulden't agree more, its a loaded class! U got this yrs Freak in Nate Solder of COL, u got Anthony Costanzo, u got Big Matt Reynolds of BYU(great future replacement for Kareem), Lee Ziemba, Demarcus Love of ARK, Derrok Sharrod of MISS ST, Nate Potter of Boise St, Marcus Cannon of TCU, Theres a heck of alot of talent there...

Definetly gotta cop one of the Centers, outta Wisnewski, Pouncey, O'Dowd, or Colin Baxter... If we wait till mid rds, Dan Wegner of ND is a guy to look out for.....

LB is loaded, with Chris Gallipo of USC, greg jones of MICH ST., Travis Lewis of OU(my fave LB), Mark Herzlich of BC, Kelvin Sheppard of LSU, Bruce Carter of UNC, moster Sleeper prospect in DONTAY MOCH, who rumour has it, runs a 4.30 40 as a 245 lb LB/DE!!!! Un freaking Real if thats any where near true...

RB's pretty deep with Quizz, Noel Devine, Daniel Thomas of K'ST, Ryan WIlliams or Va Tech, Mark Ingram, and SLEEPERS such as Brandon Saine, and Roy Helu..... Plus Demarco Murray and Evan Royster, almost forgot about them...

TE's kinda weak this yr, with Ky rudolph and Weslye Suanders leading the way....

Guard seems kinda weak as well....

CB is pretty deep as well, could end up with a guy like chimidi chekwa in possibly 3rd rd.. And its deep for sleepers with guys like Johnny Patrick and Darrin Walls in the class...

DE is loaded

Its pretty loaded class right through to be honest, almost as loaded as last yrs class, of course, the JR"s will play a part in how deep the class really is, but on potential, MY LORD! It should be fun...

Obviously I'm a huge fan of Julio jones (I've had this sig since late 2007), BUT, wr should not be the pick. I'm a huge fan of Allen Bailey, Bruce Carter, and Cameron heyward. I think the giants need to start drafting a few defensive tackles that can also play the 5-tech or an athletic nose tackle (think jay Ratliff), because I really feel we will be changing too a 3-4 within the next 3 to 4 years.

Either way though I think the pick needs to be defensive line. The middle of the defensive line downright scares me. I love the potential of linval Joseph but after him... Canty has really impressed me but at the end of the day is he our 3-tech? Barry cofield is probably going to leave, for some reason I feel there's bad blood between him and nyg. Alford had major knee surgery and if he ever recovers, idk. Rocky Bernard, I've never in my life see a big guy likethay get absolutely manhandled so much and then make a decent play, he's like haynesworth but haynesworth actually gets attention from an offensive line.

LSU CB Patrick Peterson in Round 1 is who I want

[quote user="Armstead#98"]LSU CB Patrick Peterson in Round 1 is who I want
    [/quote]Right now I would say we have pretty much no chance at him or Akamura. I think both could go in the top 15 or higher. U never know though players drop all the time from the start to the end of the season. He doesnt seem like a guy that will though.I think there are some good underclassman corners if to chose from after those 2 if they decide to come out.

+ Reply to Thread