+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 562 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109509 ... LastLast

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

Redeye, you seriously gotta check this out!
    -----------------------------------------------------------

DE Dontay Moch Runs The Fastest 40-Time Ever!

Written by NFL Draft Bible

Friday, 13 August 2010 06:16

They were the ones who timed the
    run. They were the ones who saw it happen right in front of their faces.
    But they didn't believe it. Nevada's Dontay Moch
    had just run a 4.18-second 40-yard dash. That time would be among the
    fastest ever recorded. In disbelief, they made him run again. He clocked
    a 4.08 in his second try. That time is almost inhuman. So, they made
    him run again. On his third and final try, he covered the 40 yards in
    4.2 seconds. Maybe he was a little tired, but even that time is run by
    only the most nimble wide receivers and cornerbacks. Imagine a 6-foot-1,
    245-pound defensive end like Moch running it. Unthinkable. "He has
    freakish talent," Wolf Pack defensive coordinator Andy Buh said.
    "Freakish talent. That would be my two words for Dontay Moch. When he
    puts his mind to it, he's unstoppable." Moch smiles when asked about
    that junior pro day this summer when he awed the NFL scouts with his
    speed. And the distressing thing for offensive linemen is that Moch, the
    reigning WAC defensive player of the year, is now tapping his
    potential. The Reno Gazette-Journal

Click here for more news on Nevada DE Dontay Moch

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Armstead#98"]LSU CB Patrick Peterson in Round 1 is who I want
    [/quote]Right now I would say we have pretty much no chance at him or Akamura. I think both could go in the top 15 or higher. U never know though players drop all the time from the start to the end of the season. He doesnt seem like a guy that will though.I think there are some good underclassman corners if to chose from after those 2 if they decide to come out.[/quote]
    It wouldn't surprise me if he went top 15.. He is built like a super CB... 200 lbs very strong, ripped and with great speed/ coverage ability
    He locked Julio Jones up when they played Bama
    He is my fav.. player in next yrs draft

[quote user="Armstead#98"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Armstead#98"]LSU CB Patrick Peterson in Round 1 is who I want
    [/quote]Right now I would say we have pretty much no chance at him or Akamura. I think both could go in the top 15 or higher. U never know though players drop all the time from the start to the end of the season. He doesnt seem like a guy that will though.I think there are some good underclassman corners if to chose from after those 2 if they decide to come out.[/quote]
    It wouldn't surprise me if he went top 15.. He is built like a super CB... 200 lbs very strong, ripped and with great speed/ coverage ability
    [/quote] another sick CB with great size, is Ras I dowling of Virginia.. He was pretty much a Shoe in For RD 1 if he would've come out this past season, a beastly Corner who is very competitive.. I wonder where he'll be in the mix for top Corners this yr...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Armstead#98"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Armstead#98"]LSU CB Patrick Peterson in Round 1 is who I want
    [/quote] another sick CB with great size, is Ras I dowling of Virginia.. He was pretty much a Shoe in For RD 1 if he would've come out this past season, a beastly Corner who is very competitive.. I wonder where he'll be in the mix for top Corners this yr...
    [/quote]
    Yeah but I don't think Dowling is as fast or as polished technique wise as Patrick Peterson.. Peterson reminds me a whole lot of Darelle Revis.. Peterson is very special

[quote user="nycsportzfan"] Redeye, you seriously gotta check this out!

Written by NFL Draft Bible Friday, 13 August 2010 06:16

They were the ones who timed the run. They were the ones who saw it happen right in front of their faces. But they didn't believe it. Nevada's Dontay Moch had just run a 4.18-second 40-yard dash. That time would be among the fastest ever recorded. In disbelief, they made him run again. He clocked a 4.08 in his second try. That time is almost inhuman. So, they made him run again. On his third and final try, he covered the 40 yards in 4.2 seconds. Maybe he was a little tired, but even that time is run by only the most nimble wide receivers and cornerbacks. Imagine a 6-foot-1, 245-pound defensive end like Moch running it. Unthinkable. "He has freakish talent," Wolf Pack defensive coordinator Andy Buh said. "Freakish talent. That would be my two words for Dontay Moch. When he puts his mind to it, he's unstoppable." Moch smiles when asked about that junior pro day this summer when he awed the NFL scouts with his speed. And the distressing thing for offensive linemen is that Moch, the reigning WAC defensive player of the year, is now tapping his potential. The Reno Gazette-Journal

[/quote]

U think this is true a 245 pound guy that runs like that. I wish they had some video of him. I guess I will have to watch a Nevada game now

[quote user="Armstead#98"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Armstead#98"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Armstead#98"]LSU CB Patrick Peterson in Round 1 is who I want
    [/quote]
    Yeah but I don't think Dowling is as fast or as polished technique wise as Patrick Peterson.. Peterson reminds me a whole lot of Darelle Revis.. Peterson is very special

[/quote] i don't know if hes as good as peterson, i just said, its another sick CB, who would've been gone RD 1 last yr, so i'm assuming, this yr, hes even better... Ras I dowling is extremley athletic, very physical, and makes alot of plays on the ball, and is a Solid Corner against the RUN as well.. I wasen't comparing him to Peterson, who i still have much to learn about...

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] Redeye, you seriously gotta check this out!

Written by NFL Draft Bible Friday, 13 August 2010 06:16

They were the ones who timed the run. They were the ones who saw it happen right in front of their faces. But they didn't believe it. Nevada's Dontay Moch had just run a 4.18-second 40-yard dash. That time would be among the fastest ever recorded. In disbelief, they made him run again. He clocked a 4.08 in his second try. That time is almost inhuman. So, they made him run again. On his third and final try, he covered the 40 yards in 4.2 seconds. Maybe he was a little tired, but even that time is run by only the most nimble wide receivers and cornerbacks. Imagine a 6-foot-1, 245-pound defensive end like Moch running it. Unthinkable. "He has freakish talent," Wolf Pack defensive coordinator Andy Buh said. "Freakish talent. That would be my two words for Dontay Moch. When he puts his mind to it, he's unstoppable." Moch smiles when asked about that junior pro day this summer when he awed the NFL scouts with his speed. And the distressing thing for offensive linemen is that Moch, the reigning WAC defensive player of the year, is now tapping his potential. The Reno Gazette-Journal

[/quote]

U think this is true a 245 pound guy that runs like that. I wish they had some video of him. I guess I will have to watch a Nevada game now

[/quote] well, its on about 20 diffrent websites, and there were tons of scouts there, and they kept making him run the thing, because they thought they were getting bad reads on there stop watches, and he kept it up the whole time.. Also, if u check diffrent draft sites, you'll see a Arrow pointing UP, for stock rising ever since this happened.. It happened, basically...lol Definetly keeping a Eye on Him, and there QB as well, hes a Good Looking Prospect as well, Kapernick.. Kapenick actually rushed for 200plus yds and 4tds in one game against IDAHO..lol And had another game where he ran for 173yds and so on and so fourth.. Oh ya, he also threw 20tds and had only 6picks.. And he has good size, all though, a Little on the Skinny Side.. Definetly a Guy i could see going pretty High, not rd 1, but at least top 3rds...

All-Pro

Some real good info in this thread.Good job fellas.

[quote user="gmen0820"]Obviously I'm a huge fan of Julio jones (I've had this sig since late 2007), BUT, wr should not be the pick. I'm a huge fan of Allen Bailey, Bruce Carter, and Cameron heyward. I think the giants need to start drafting a few defensive tackles that can also play the 5-tech or an athletic nose tackle (think jay Ratliff), because I really feel we will be changing too a 3-4 within the next 3 to 4 years. Either way though I think the pick needs to be defensive line. The middle of the defensive line downright scares me. I love the potential of linval Joseph but after him... Canty has really impressed me but at the end of the day is he our 3-tech? Barry cofield is probably going to leave, for some reason I feel there's bad blood between him and nyg. Alford had major knee surgery and if he ever recovers, idk. Rocky Bernard, I've never in my life see a big guy likethay get absolutely manhandled so much and then make a decent play, he's like haynesworth but haynesworth actually gets attention from an offensive line.[/quote]I agree with U about DT. I see 2 guys on this roster that will be around for the next few years. It all depends on what happens with the CBA and how many years till FA

love bruce carter. from the same town high school as me and guy whimper. ive been watching him since he was a freshman for the havelock rams and this kid is gonna be special. think jon beason

+ Reply to Thread