+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 562 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Austin Pettis already has a TD and a blocked punt and the game is 5 minutes old.[/quote] Dudes, no joke! U know how much i like him...

Here's our BigBlueBoard.

The top 10 players we want to see as Giants next Spring. If they had the 15th spot in the draft as they did last year.

Thoughts?

[quote user="hammersavage"]Here's our BigBlueBoard.

The top 10 players we want to see as Giants next Spring. If they had the 15th spot in the draft as they did last year.

Thoughts?
    [/quote] I like Nate Solder myself, i'm looking forward to seeing if he totally dominates all yr long, and uses his Overwhelming Athletic Ability and FREAKY measurables to get into the top 10 talk, or if we have a chance to secure him, where ever we end up picking... He Reminds me of Bruce Campbell, as far as this Yr's "freak".. I am very eager to see how he plays on the Field, i want to see him play another words...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="hammersavage"]Here's our BigBlueBoard.

Thoughts?
    [/quote] I like Nate Solder myself, i'm looking forward to seeing if he totally dominates all yr long, and uses his Overwhelming Athletic Ability and FREAKY measurables to get into the top 10 talk, or if we have a chance to secure him, where ever we end up picking... He Reminds me of Bruce Campbell, as far as this Yr's "freak".. I am very eager to see how he plays on the Field, i want to see him play another words...
    [/quote]

This sux we r going to lose this thread in a week we will have to start a whole new one . Maybe I will copy and paste it

Thoughts?
    [/quote]

This sux we r going to lose this thread in a week we will have to start a whole new one . Maybe I will copy and paste it

The top 10 players we want to see as Giants next Spring.* If they had the 15th spot in the draft as they did last year.

Thoughts?
    [/quote]* I like Nate Solder myself, i'm looking forward to seeing if he totally dominates all yr long, and uses his Overwhelming Athletic Ability and FREAKY measurables to get into the top 10 talk, or if we have a chance to secure him, where ever we end up picking...* He Reminds me of Bruce Campbell, as far as this Yr's "freak".. I am very eager to see how he plays on the Field, i want to see him play another words...
    [/quote]I wouldn't want solder. Too much developing. Gabe carimi is good, but mark Ingram is a very special player and has a great work ethic.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Thoughts?
    [/quote]

[/quote]

why is that?

Agreed, Ingram is an absolute stud with natural running skills.

I work on the site that post is from with hammersavage and will be updating that list frequently throughout the year.

We would love some feedback from Giants fans, especially ones into the draft. Stop by and leave some comments. Everyones imput is welcome.

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="hammersavage"]Here's our BigBlueBoard.

Thoughts?
    [/quote]I wouldn't want solder. Too much developing. Gabe carimi is good, but mark Ingram is a very special player and has a great work ethic.[/quote] Well, lets see how he does this yr, before we say, hes got to much developing to do.. Thats why i said, I want to Actually See him play, and see how he looks, and if he looks like a Natural, and if he looks like he can help quickly or not.. As u see, he Played 850 Snaps at LT last yr, and will get the same this yr, if he stays healthy, thats 2yrs of playing LT on a every game basis, and in Practice, thats a Heck of a lot of Playing LT.. He also was already Successful, which is a Good sign, getting ALL BIG 12 honors at the positon... Agai, i want to see him play, but lets not forget, how good hes already been, and how many snaps and games and pracitce and coaching up hes gonna have by the time the Draft Gets Here, and then he gets a Training Camp and Pre Season on top of that, before the 2011 Season begins....

#78 Nate Solder

Position:

Offensive Tackle

Height:

6'9"

Weight:

Year:

Senior

City/State:

Buena Vista, Colo.

High School:

Buena Vista

Experience:

3 Letters

javascript: goToReplayPhotos(204822259)

javascript: goToReplayPhotos(204768647)

javascript: goToReplayPhotos(3633006)

Solder Photos

Solder Videos

AT COLORADO: This Season (Sr.)-CU's
    starting left tackle, he is CU's most decorated in the preseason since
    2006 (PK Mason Crosby). His top honor was being named to the
    prestigious Playboy Preseason All-America team; he also earned first-team honors from The Kickoff and Consensus Draft Services, second-team mention from Lindy's Big 12 Football and Phil Steele's College Football,
    and third-team from Athlon and CFI. A unanimous preseason All-Big 12
    selection, he is also one of 63 players on the watch list for the
    Outland Trophy and one of 75 for the Lombardi Award. Rivals.com ranked
    him as the No. 72 player overall (all positions) in the nation, while
    Lindy's rated him as the No. 3 offensive tackle, with Phil Steele
    tabbing him No. 7 on that same list. ESPN.com ranked him as the No. 5
    "freak" in the nation as far as conditioning is concerned; with less
    than 7 percent body fat on his frame, he power-cleans 415 pounds (for
    three reps), hang-cleans 473 (also three reps), owns a 4.88 time in the
    40 and a 32-inch vertical jump. Those numbers helped him earn the
    team's Iron Buffalo Award for the second straight year for all offensive
    linemen. He was also a co-recipient of the Greg Biekert Award for
    attention to detail.

2009 (Jr.)-Started
    all 12 games at left tackle, playing 850 snaps on offense (all but two
    of the team total). He earned first-team All-Big 12 honors from the
    league coaches (honorable mention from the Associated Press),
    and was a fourth-team All-American by College Football Insiders; he also
    earned first-team All-Colorado honors from the state's chapter of the
    National Football Foundation.

He graded out to exactly 90.0
    percent for the season, a team-best, and over 80 percent for all 12
    games and 90 percent or better seven times; his top grade was 96 percent
    at Oklahoma State. He also led the team with 97 finishing/knockdown
    blocks and seven touchdown blacks. He allowed just three quarterback
    sacks and four pressures, while being called for five penalties. He was
    named for the second straight year as one of the recipients of the
    team's Gold Group Commitment Award which recognizes excellence with
    class in a variety of areas. For spring practice, he was the recipient
    of the John Wooten Award for outstanding work ethic, and was the Iron
    Buffalo Award winner among the offensive lineman, given to those at each
    position who represent hard work, dedication, toughness and total
    poundage lifted in the weight room.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="hammersavage"]Here's our BigBlueBoard.

Thoughts?
    [/quote]I wouldn't want solder. Too much developing. Gabe carimi is good, but mark Ingram is a very special player and has a great work ethic.[/quote] Well, lets see how he does this yr, before we say, hes got to much developing to do.. Thats why i said, I want to Actually See him play, and see how he looks, and if he looks like a Natural, and if he looks like he can help quickly or not.. As u see, he Played 850 Snaps at LT last yr, and will get the same this yr, if he stays healthy, thats 2yrs of playing LT on a every game basis, and in Practice, thats a Heck of a lot of Playing LT.. He also was already Successful, which is a Good sign, getting ALL BIG 12 honors at the positon... Agai, i want to see him play, but lets not forget, how good hes already been, and how many snaps and games and pracitce and coaching up hes gonna have by the time the Draft Gets Here, and then he gets a Training Camp and Pre Season on top of that, before the 2011 Season begins....

#78 Nate Solder

Position: Offensive Tackle
    Height: 6'9"
    Weight: 315
    Year: Senior
    City/State: Buena Vista, Colo.
    High School: Buena Vista
    Experience: 3 Letters

javascript: goToReplayPhotos(204822259)

javascript: goToReplayPhotos(204768647)

javascript: goToReplayPhotos(3633006)

Solder Photos

Solder Videos

AT COLORADO: This Season (Sr.)-CU's starting left tackle, he is CU's most decorated in the preseason since 2006 (PK Mason Crosby). His top honor was being named to the prestigious Playboy Preseason All-America team; he also earned first-team honors from The Kickoff and Consensus Draft Services, second-team mention from Lindy's Big 12 Football and Phil Steele's College Football, and third-team from Athlon and CFI. A unanimous preseason All-Big 12 selection, he is also one of 63 players on the watch list for the Outland Trophy and one of 75 for the Lombardi Award. Rivals.com ranked him as the No. 72 player overall (all positions) in the nation, while Lindy's rated him as the No. 3 offensive tackle, with Phil Steele tabbing him No. 7 on that same list. ESPN.com ranked him as the No. 5 "freak" in the nation as far as conditioning is concerned; with less than 7 percent body fat on his frame, he power-cleans 415 pounds (for three reps), hang-cleans 473 (also three reps), owns a 4.88 time in the 40 and a 32-inch vertical jump. Those numbers helped him earn the team's Iron Buffalo Award for the second straight year for all offensive linemen. He was also a co-recipient of the Greg Biekert Award for attention to detail.

2009 (Jr.)-Started all 12 games at left tackle, playing 850 snaps on offense (all but two of the team total). He earned first-team All-Big 12 honors from the league coaches (honorable mention from the Associated Press), and was a fourth-team All-American by College Football Insiders; he also earned first-team All-Colorado honors from the state's chapter of the National Football Foundation.

He graded out to exactly 90.0 percent for the season, a team-best, and over 80 percent for all 12 games and 90 percent or better seven times; his top grade was 96 percent at Oklahoma State. He also led the team with 97 finishing/knockdown blocks and seven touchdown blacks. He allowed just three quarterback sacks and four pressures, while being called for five penalties. He was named for the second straight year as one of the recipients of the team's Gold Group Commitment Award which recognizes excellence with class in a variety of areas. For spring practice, he was the recipient of the John Wooten Award for outstanding work ethic, and was the Iron Buffalo Award winner among the offensive lineman, given to those at each position who represent hard work, dedication, toughness and total poundage lifted in the weight room.

[/quote]

He is intriguing but he needs to put on a good amount of weight. He is way to skinny and does not have a solid enough base. His techniue isnt vey good , he is a bit of a project. I think he does have some tremendous potiental though. I think he is a 3rd round pick right now. If he improves though he could get into the first. To me this is an underwhelming tackle class at the very top. I think there are some nice tackles but not sure if there are elite top 10 ones. Its early though Im sure someone will step up and separatefrom the pack. I didnt think Nate Potter played all that well against VT. Hewas beaten badly off the edge on a couple occasions and knocked the ball out of Moores hands on other.

+ Reply to Thread