+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 562 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="hammersavage"]Here's our BigBlueBoard.

The top 10 players we want to see as Giants next Spring. If they had the 15th spot in the draft as they did last year.

Thoughts?
    [/quote] I like Nate Solder myself, i'm looking forward to seeing if he totally dominates all yr long, and uses his Overwhelming Athletic Ability and FREAKY measurables to get into the top 10 talk, or if we have a chance to secure him, where ever we end up picking... He Reminds me of Bruce Campbell, as far as this Yr's "freak".. I am very eager to see how he plays on the Field, i want to see him play another words...
    [/quote]I wouldn't want solder. Too much developing. Gabe carimi is good, but mark Ingram is a very special player and has a great work ethic.[/quote] Well, lets see how he does this yr, before we say, hes got to much developing to do.. Thats why i said, I want to Actually See him play, and see how he looks, and if he looks like a Natural, and if he looks like he can help quickly or not.. As u see, he Played 850 Snaps at LT last yr, and will get the same this yr, if he stays healthy, thats 2yrs of playing LT on a every game basis, and in Practice, thats a Heck of a lot of Playing LT.. He also was already Successful, which is a Good sign, getting ALL BIG 12 honors at the positon... Agai, i want to see him play, but lets not forget, how good hes already been, and how many snaps and games and pracitce and coaching up hes gonna have by the time the Draft Gets Here, and then he gets a Training Camp and Pre Season on top of that, before the 2011 Season begins....

#78 Nate Solder

Position: Offensive Tackle
    Height: 6'9"
    Weight: 315
    Year: Senior
    City/State: Buena Vista, Colo.
    High School: Buena Vista
    Experience: 3 Letters

javascript: goToReplayPhotos(204822259)

javascript: goToReplayPhotos(204768647)

javascript: goToReplayPhotos(3633006)

Solder Photos

Solder Videos

AT COLORADO: This Season (Sr.)-CU's starting left tackle, he is CU's most decorated in the preseason since 2006 (PK Mason Crosby). His top honor was being named to the prestigious Playboy Preseason All-America team; he also earned first-team honors from The Kickoff and Consensus Draft Services, second-team mention from Lindy's Big 12 Football and Phil Steele's College Football, and third-team from Athlon and CFI. A unanimous preseason All-Big 12 selection, he is also one of 63 players on the watch list for the Outland Trophy and one of 75 for the Lombardi Award. Rivals.com ranked him as the No. 72 player overall (all positions) in the nation, while Lindy's rated him as the No. 3 offensive tackle, with Phil Steele tabbing him No. 7 on that same list. ESPN.com ranked him as the No. 5 "freak" in the nation as far as conditioning is concerned; with less than 7 percent body fat on his frame, he power-cleans 415 pounds (for three reps), hang-cleans 473 (also three reps), owns a 4.88 time in the 40 and a 32-inch vertical jump. Those numbers helped him earn the team's Iron Buffalo Award for the second straight year for all offensive linemen. He was also a co-recipient of the Greg Biekert Award for attention to detail.

2009 (Jr.)-Started all 12 games at left tackle, playing 850 snaps on offense (all but two of the team total). He earned first-team All-Big 12 honors from the league coaches (honorable mention from the Associated Press), and was a fourth-team All-American by College Football Insiders; he also earned first-team All-Colorado honors from the state's chapter of the National Football Foundation.

He graded out to exactly 90.0 percent for the season, a team-best, and over 80 percent for all 12 games and 90 percent or better seven times; his top grade was 96 percent at Oklahoma State. He also led the team with 97 finishing/knockdown blocks and seven touchdown blacks. He allowed just three quarterback sacks and four pressures, while being called for five penalties. He was named for the second straight year as one of the recipients of the team's Gold Group Commitment Award which recognizes excellence with class in a variety of areas. For spring practice, he was the recipient of the John Wooten Award for outstanding work ethic, and was the Iron Buffalo Award winner among the offensive lineman, given to those at each position who represent hard work, dedication, toughness and total poundage lifted in the weight room.

[/quote]

He is intriguing but he needs to put on a good amount of weight. He is way to skinny and does not have a solid enough base. His techniue isnt vey good , he is a bit of a project. I think he does have some tremendous potiental though. I think he is a 3rd round pick right now. If he improves though he could get into the first. To me this is an underwhelming tackle class at the very top. I think there are some nice tackles but not sure if there are elite top 10 ones. Its early though Im sure someone will step up and separatefrom the pack. I didnt think Nate Potter played all that well against VT. Hewas beaten badly off the edge on a couple occasions and knocked the ball out of Moores hands on other.

[/quote] If this kid plays as good as he did last yr, with his measurables, hes a shoe in for RD 2, in my opinion, and i will go out on a limb, and say, hes gonna be a RD 1 guy, especially after he destroys the Combine.. And, the best part is, it won't be after a So So career, it'll be after most likley back to back All BIG 12, and most likley, a All AMerican season.. Of Course, i'm projecting alot, because the Seasons very young, but it's hard to imagine him not being better then his 1st yr of Playing LT and still garnering all big 12.... We seen guys put on wt pretty easily when they need 2, and if he gets up to 323 or so, i'm more then happy with his WT... THat shoulden't be 2hard for him.. I'm pretty Excited about Him, and he's a Guy i'm gonna be following all season long, and i guess, we shall see... He is the Reigning IORN BUFFALO award winner....lol

I love the Stats on his Knock Down Blocks and TD BLOCKS, and the Grading System.. He had a pretty Big yr, being his First Yr at the positon.. I totally understand why theres so much Hype with this kid, it makes sense...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="hammersavage"]Here's our BigBlueBoard.

The top 10 players we want to see as Giants next Spring. If they had the 15th spot in the draft as they did last year.

Thoughts?
    [/quote] I like Nate Solder myself, i'm looking forward to seeing if he totally dominates all yr long, and uses his Overwhelming Athletic Ability and FREAKY measurables to get into the top 10 talk, or if we have a chance to secure him, where ever we end up picking... He Reminds me of Bruce Campbell, as far as this Yr's "freak".. I am very eager to see how he plays on the Field, i want to see him play another words...
    [/quote]I wouldn't want solder. Too much developing. Gabe carimi is good, but mark Ingram is a very special player and has a great work ethic.[/quote] Well, lets see how he does this yr, before we say, hes got to much developing to do.. Thats why i said, I want to Actually See him play, and see how he looks, and if he looks like a Natural, and if he looks like he can help quickly or not.. As u see, he Played 850 Snaps at LT last yr, and will get the same this yr, if he stays healthy, thats 2yrs of playing LT on a every game basis, and in Practice, thats a Heck of a lot of Playing LT.. He also was already Successful, which is a Good sign, getting ALL BIG 12 honors at the positon... Agai, i want to see him play, but lets not forget, how good hes already been, and how many snaps and games and pracitce and coaching up hes gonna have by the time the Draft Gets Here, and then he gets a Training Camp and Pre Season on top of that, before the 2011 Season begins....

#78 Nate Solder

Solder Photos

Solder Videos

AT COLORADO: This Season (Sr.)-CU's starting left tackle, he is CU's most decorated in the preseason since 2006 (PK Mason Crosby). His top honor was being named to the prestigious Playboy Preseason All-America team; he also earned first-team honors from The Kickoff and Consensus Draft Services, second-team mention from Lindy's Big 12 Football and Phil Steele's College Football, and third-team from Athlon and CFI. A unanimous preseason All-Big 12 selection, he is also one of 63 players on the watch list for the Outland Trophy and one of 75 for the Lombardi Award. Rivals.com ranked him as the No. 72 player overall (all positions) in the nation, while Lindy's rated him as the No. 3 offensive tackle, with Phil Steele tabbing him No. 7 on that same list. ESPN.com ranked him as the No. 5 "freak" in the nation as far as conditioning is concerned; with less than 7 percent body fat on his frame, he power-cleans 415 pounds (for three reps), hang-cleans 473 (also three reps), owns a 4.88 time in the 40 and a 32-inch vertical jump. Those numbers helped him earn the team's Iron Buffalo Award for the second straight year for all offensive linemen. He was also a co-recipient of the Greg Biekert Award for attention to detail.

2009 (Jr.)-Started all 12 games at left tackle, playing 850 snaps on offense (all but two of the team total). He earned first-team All-Big 12 honors from the league coaches (honorable mention from the Associated Press), and was a fourth-team All-American by College Football Insiders; he also earned first-team All-Colorado honors from the state's chapter of the National Football Foundation.

He graded out to exactly 90.0 percent for the season, a team-best, and over 80 percent for all 12 games and 90 percent or better seven times; his top grade was 96 percent at Oklahoma State. He also led the team with 97 finishing/knockdown blocks and seven touchdown blacks. He allowed just three quarterback sacks and four pressures, while being called for five penalties. He was named for the second straight year as one of the recipients of the team's Gold Group Commitment Award which recognizes excellence with class in a variety of areas. For spring practice, he was the recipient of the John Wooten Award for outstanding work ethic, and was the Iron Buffalo Award winner among the offensive lineman, given to those at each position who represent hard work, dedication, toughness and total poundage lifted in the weight room.

[/quote]

He is intriguing but he needs to put on a good amount of weight. He is way to skinny and does not have a solid enough base. His techniue isnt vey good , he is a bit of a project. I think he does have some tremendous potiental though. I think he is a 3rd round pick right now. If he improves though he could get into the first. To me this is an underwhelming tackle class at the very top. I think there are some nice tackles but not sure if there are elite top 10 ones. Its early though Im sure someone will step up and separatefrom the pack. I didnt think Nate Potter played all that well against VT. Hewas beaten badly off the edge on a couple occasions and knocked the ball out of Moores hands on other.

[/quote] If this kid plays as good as he did last yr, with his measurables, hes a shoe in for RD 2, in my opinion, and i will go out on a limb, and say, hes gonna be a RD 1 guy, especially after he destroys the Combine.. And, the best part is, it won't be after a So So career, it'll be after most likley back to back All BIG 12, and most likley, a All AMerican season.. Of Course, i'm projecting alot, because the Seasons very young, but it's hard to imagine him not being better then his 1st yr of Playing LT and still garnering all big 12.... We seen guys put on wt pretty easily when they need 2, and if he gets up to 323 or so, i'm more then happy with his WT... THat shoulden't be 2hard for him.. I'm pretty Excited about Him, and he's a Guy i'm gonna be following all season long, and i guess, we shall see... He is the Reigning IORN BUFFALO award winner....lol

I love the Stats on his Knock Down Blocks and TD BLOCKS, and the Grading System.. He had a pretty Big yr, being his First Yr at the positon.. I totally understand why theres so much Hype with this kid, it makes sense...
    [/quote]

He is certainly an intriguing prospect. I would like to see his arm measurements. 6'9" is only useful if his arms are long as well. If he has short armsand is on the light side for his height he will be able to be pushed around fairly easily. If he gets up to like 335 on that frame with long arms he could be downright nasty.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="hammersavage"]Here's our BigBlueBoard.

Thoughts?

#78 Nate Solder

Solder Photos

Solder Videos

[/quote]

[/quote]

He is certainly an intriguing prospect. I would like to see his arm measurements. 6'9" is only useful if his arms are long as well. If he has short armsand is on the light side for his height he will be able to be pushed around fairly easily. If he gets up to like 335 on that frame with long arms he could be downright nasty.

[/quote] The one thing about him, is hes all muscle, and has very little body fat.. So, i don't think hes the type thats gonna become like a FAT lineman, hes gonna be the Agile, Strong, mover, if u will.. In those videos, u can tell in his regular clothes, that hes ripped.... He seems like a guy whos gonna always be in Fantastic Shape, and really takes his body seriously.. He got 5th in the ESPN "FREAK" list, an it says, as far as Conditoning is concerned.. Also, i love seeing that Bikert award, thats for Attention To Detail, which could explain, being ALL big 12 in his first Yr as a Starting LT.. You get that kinda Athletic Physique and Strength, and add in, a willingness to learn and pay attention, and u are on to something...

We shall See.... Who Peaks your interest the most in the country as far as wanting to see and just no more.. Not a Patrick Peterson type guy, but maybe a Guy whos got the pysical attributes or that you've read about, and his potential intrigues you, and u really want to get a chance to see live?

6'9 is to tall.. How is he going to get leverage on all the small speed rushers in today's NFL

[quote user="Armstead#98"]6'9 is to tall.. How is he going to get leverage on all the small speed rushers in today's NFL
    [/quote]

Kind of my thought as well that its almost 2 tall. He actually handles speed rushers well because he is very athletic and can defend the corner. He is more susceptible to inside rushers.In my eyes he needs to pack on at least 30 pounds. Bull rushing strong ends would be able to get under his shoulders and push him back into the QB on a consistent basis in the NFL. There is no way his anchor is good at that height and weight. He moves around well so getting to the second level in run blocking should be no problem its just his strength at the POA that is a real question mark with him. He looks like a OT that should go to a zone blocking heavy system. I think he is intriguing though and a guy to keep an eye on. I think he is a little bit of a project. I think he is a 3rd round pick at the moment but I could see him going higher. I dont think there is a real dominant tackle in this class. Theres good depth but Im not crazy about any of them at the moment. Im sure as the CFB season wears on that will change

[quote user="Armstead#98"]6'9 is to tall.. How is he going to get leverage on all the small speed rushers in today's NFL
    [/quote] Easy.. He counters Speed, with Speed. Hes very fast, and gets out of his Stance, very quickly.. If anything, the fast speed rushers, is the guys, he will excel against.. The only worry, i'd have, is against the smalle(6ft 2inch-or 6ft 3inch) stocky strong DE's, because of Leverege.. But, the guys very strong, bench press's a Truck Load, and is a very qucik learner... Hes not gonna get Fat, because hes not that type of guy, he keeps himself in way to good of shape, to gain heavy, Chunky weight.. He definetly has strength though, hes all muscle, again, very similar to Bruce Campbell, as far as Body Type and Athletiscim, except, by the end of the yr, if he stays healthy, he'll have better on field success, and more starts.. I think he'll dominate, just based on how well, he did last yr, and usually guys get better, and if he dominates on the field, and lights it up at the combine, hes going in RD 1... Theres really gotta be something said, for a Guy, who plays a New Positon, and instantly dominates it, in his 1st yr there.. Obviously, hes gonna just get better and better the more he learns, Skys the limit with this kid....

Just Read what this kids done so far in his career, at the LT positon, its amazing, seeing how hes litteraly moved there in 2008, after being recurtied as a TE... And for any worried about his Weight, he Gained 30lb's very quickly, just to be playing LT for Spring Practice 2008... I thought last yr, was his first Yr playing LT, but it was in fact, 2008.... This dudes a beast! Graded out at 98.8 against Kansas St in 2008, which is amazing, and the highest grading for a Col Lineman since freaking 1990!!! ANd, Hes Given Up only 4sacks in 1693snaps, think about that, for a second.. Learns a new positon, and over the last 2yrs, hes had a total of 1693snaps, and given up 4sacks total!! WOW!! Extremley Smart kid, picked as 1of 30 canadites from Div 1, for some award(forgot what), combining excellence on field and in classroom... Obviously, all u have to do, is look up at what i posted on him, to see what hes accomplished in the Weight Room and with a 32inch Vertical, not to mention, he runs a 4.88 40... I watched some tape on him, and seeing him motor around, is amazing, he was so freaking quick.. His strength coach, said hes a Natural Knee Bender, and the best knee bender on the buffalo team.. He was the only Non Sr, on the ALL Big 12 team last yr.. The more you learn, the more you like..

Even after all this, i don't know enough, or have seen enough, but he gets alot of rave reviews around the web, and theres alot to his resume already.. This kids good, that much i know... Again, 4sacks in 1693snaps!

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Armstead#98"]6'9 is to tall.. How is he going to get leverage on all the small speed rushers in today's NFL
    [/quote] Easy.. He counters Speed, with Speed. Hes very fast, and gets out of his Stance, very quickly.. If anything, the fast speed rushers, is the guys, he will excel against.. The only worry, i'd have, is against the smalle(6ft 2inch-or 6ft 3inch) stocky strong DE's, because of Leverege.. But, the guys very strong, bench press's a Truck Load, and is a very qucik learner... Hes not gonna get Fat, because hes not that type of guy, he keeps himself in way to good of shape, to gain heavy, Chunky weight.. He definetly has strength though, hes all muscle, again, very similar to Bruce Campbell, as far as Body Type and Athletiscim, except, by the end of the yr, if he stays healthy, he'll have better on field success, and more starts.. I think he'll dominate, just based on how well, he did last yr, and usually guys get better, and if he dominates on the field, and lights it up at the combine, hes going in RD 1... Theres really gotta be something said, for a Guy, who plays a New Positon, and instantly dominates it, in his 1st yr there.. Obviously, hes gonna just get better and better the more he learns, Skys the limit with this kid....
    [/quote]

Both of those statements are true. He is very good at defending the corner. He excels at taking the outside away from speed guys. A guy like Justin Tuck strong and good at rushing to the inside is were he has problems

Im looking forward to getting a good look at the players from Miami and Ohio State this afternoon. Brandon Saine is a RB I liked a lot last year and he is off to a nice start this season it will be interesting to see how he does against some better competition this week. Anyway here is my list of players to watch for in todays game.

Round 4-5 Brandon Saine RB Ohio State- At 6-1 219 and a 40 time that has been clocked at 4.35 reportedly "Which I dont buy he is a 4.45 guy" certainly has the nice measurables. He also is a good receiver that the Buckeyes have used out wide at times. Saine is more of a North South runner but by no means is just an in between the tackle mid sizedbruiser. Saines problems have been similar to Andre Browns were he just cant stay healthy. I really like Saine and I think a lot of these other draft sites are sleeping on him as Ive seen him listed as more of a 6th round pick.He will be used in a committee so he wont have eye popping numbers but I could see a YPA at about5.5 yards on 150 carries.Saineprojects as a solid number 2 back in a split carry 2 back system. Saine seems to me like a guy who could be drafted by the Giants I would keep an eye on him.

Top 10 -Cameron Heyward DL-1 o the best players in College Football can do it all along the defensive front. He is scheme versatile he could play in a 3-4 scheme as an end or even some 3 technique in a 4-3 defense as well as LE. While a very nice player I dont think theres much of a chance he lands on the Giants. I see the Patriots with there 2 first round picks being very interested in Heyward

Round 2- Devier Posey WR 205 4.5- Nice sized receiver can play but dont see him as a NY Giant

Round 3- Justin Boren G- All Big 10 first team and a player a like. Dont see where he fits though

Round 4-Ross Hossman WLB- With all of the back up linebackers having question marks anyone with an LB as there listed position is a possibility.

Miami

Round 2- Brandon Harris CB 5-11 195 4.4 - A player with a very good reputation as coach-able. Harris is only a junior so depending on what he hears from the draft stock committee he may not come out. Aaron Ross has been a huge disappointment and if he doesnt play much again this year it will be time to go in a different direction. The Giants have a history with Hurricane players and if Harris is available in the 2nd round when we select he should be selected. Giant prospect- Good

Round 4 Colin Mccarthy 6-3 242 4.6 OLB-MLB-Mccarthy slides to the middle this year for the Hurricanes. Hs versatility is intriguing to play 3 linebacker spots. Giant prospect - fair

Round 1-2- Allen Baily 6-4 288 - An athletic freak tweener lineman in a draft thats filled with them. Bailey had a good season last year but im not completely sold on him. I think he needs to bulk up some more and become a DT. The Canes use him a lot at end but I dont see that being an option in the NFL. Some teams may look at him as a 3-4 end prospect but the best thing i think he can do is get up to 305 and become a 3 tech. Giant prospect- Fair

Round 5- Orlando Franklin 6-7 318 G/RT- Has played some LT but must pundits say he is a guard. Has some raw potential and could maybe fit as a RT.

Round 7 FA- Graig Cooper 6-0 205 4.4 - A nice player but partially tore his ACL so we will have to see how he looks this year. Giants prospect UD

I would love to see the Giants come away with Brandon Saine and Brandon Harris in the 2011 draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Im looking forward to getting a good look at the players from Miami and Ohio State this afternoon. Brandon Saine is a RB I liked a lot last year and he is off to a nice start this season it will be interesting to see how he does against some better competition this week. Anyway here is my list of players to watch for in todays game.

Round 4-5 Brandon Saine RB Ohio State- At 6-1 219 and a 40 time that has been clocked at 4.35 reportedly "Which I dont buy he is a 4.45 guy" certainly has the nice measurables. He also is a good receiver that the Buckeyes have used out wide at times. Saine is more of a North South runner but by no means is just an in between the tackle mid sizedbruiser. Saines problems have been similar to Andre Browns were he just cant stay healthy. I really like Saine and I think a lot of these other draft sites are sleeping on him as Ive seen him listed as more of a 6th round pick.He will be used in a committee so he wont have eye popping numbers but I could see a YPA at about5.5 yards on 150 carries.Saineprojects as a solid number 2 back in a split carry 2 back system. Saine seems to me like a guy who could be drafted by the Giants I would keep an eye on him.

Top 10 -Cameron Heyward DL-1 o the best players in College Football can do it all along the defensive front. He is scheme versatile he could play in a 3-4 scheme as an end or even some 3 technique in a 4-3 defense as well as LE. While a very nice player I dont think theres much of a chance he lands on the Giants. I see the Patriots with there 2 first round picks being very interested in Heyward

Round 2- Devier Posey WR 205 4.5- Nice sized receiver can play but dont see him as a NY Giant

Round 3- Justin Boren G- All Big 10 first team and a player a like. Dont see where he fits though

Round 4-Ross Hossman WLB- With all of the back up linebackers having question marks anyone with an LB as there listed position is a possibility.

Miami

Round 2- Brandon Harris CB 5-11 195 4.4 - A player with a very good reputation as coach-able. Harris is only a junior so depending on what he hears from the draft stock committee he may not come out. Aaron Ross has been a huge disappointment and if he doesnt play much again this year it will be time to go in a different direction. The Giants have a history with Hurricane players and if Harris is available in the 2nd round when we select he should be selected. Giant prospect- Good

Round 4 Colin Mccarthy 6-3 242 4.6 OLB-MLB-Mccarthy slides to the middle this year for the Hurricanes. Hs versatility is intriguing to play 3 linebacker spots. Giant prospect - fair

Round 1-2- Allen Baily 6-4 288 - An athletic freak tweener lineman in a draft thats filled with them. Bailey had a good season last year but im not completely sold on him. I think he needs to bulk up some more and become a DT. The Canes use him a lot at end but I dont see that being an option in the NFL. Some teams may look at him as a 3-4 end prospect but the best thing i think he can do is get up to 305 and become a 3 tech. Giant prospect- Fair

Round 5- Orlando Franklin 6-7 318 G/RT- Has played some LT but must pundits say he is a guard. Has some raw potential and could maybe fit as a RT.

Round 7 FA- Graig Cooper 6-0 205 4.4 - A nice player but partially tore his ACL so we will have to see how he looks this year. Giants prospect UD

I would love to see the Giants come away with Brandon Saine and Brandon Harris in the 2011 draft

[/quote] I liked Brandon Saine as a Sleeper RB myself, as indicated in one of these COLLEGE/DRAFT threads.. I'll continue to Use Ry Grant as a Player i like him 2.... That game will have alot of studs.. I'll be Watching Notre Dame and Mich go at it, myself... Looking forward to seeing Micahel Floyd build upon a Good 1st Game back from his injury Last wk, and really Explode... I think ND has alot of Prospects that are Sleeper Types, that could be valuable in Mid to late Rds, ala Darrin Walls, Dan Wegner C, Brian Smith LB, Ian WIlliams DT... Michigan has a few i'm interested in seeing as well...

+ Reply to Thread