+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 562 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117517 ... LastLast

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="gmen0820"]Man it's a damn shame that Russell Wilson is only six foot.[/quote]* Thats what i said last wk, the dudes insane.. I think he must be given a shot, regardless of size, its not like he dosen't throw the ball well, ala Drew Brees, and he is very hard to take down, because hes kinda muscley thick and stong, as far as his base, and obviously he moves well in the pocket... A much more complete player then say, Troy Smith was...* This is the 2nd complete game i've seen R.Wilson play, and i am just as impressed as i was last wk, if not more, being it was on the rd in Techs home stadium..
    [/quote]Funny how we both got ripped for saying Crabtree wasnt the best receiver in the draft. Funny how that works hey[/quote]* Ya, i Liked Kenny Britt the Best, with Hakeem Nicks, Maclin up there, with crabtree in the mix as well.. THe only guy i didn't like was Darius Heyward Bey.. Its funny how some on here actually started sticking up for Bey when there was rumours we were interested..

Oh ya, Earl Thomas with yet another Pick today against St Louis, when St louis had 2nd and Goal no less, saving a Score... Dudes, a Beast!
    [/quote]he's too small ;p

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="gmen0820"]Man it's a damn shame that Russell Wilson is only six foot.[/quote] Thats what i said last wk, the dudes insane.. I think he must be given a shot, regardless of size, its not like he dosen't throw the ball well, ala Drew Brees, and he is very hard to take down, because hes kinda muscley thick and stong, as far as his base, and obviously he moves well in the pocket... A much more complete player then say, Troy Smith was... This is the 2nd complete game i've seen R.Wilson play, and i am just as impressed as i was last wk, if not more, being it was on the rd in Techs home stadium..
    [/quote]Funny how we both got ripped for saying Crabtree wasnt the best receiver in the draft. Funny how that works hey[/quote] Ya, i Liked Kenny Britt the Best, with Hakeem Nicks, Maclin up there, with crabtree in the mix as well.. THe only guy i didn't like was Darius Heyward Bey.. Its funny how some on here actually started sticking up for Bey when there was rumours we were interested..

Oh ya, Earl Thomas with yet another Pick today against St Louis, when St louis had 2nd and Goal no less, saving a Score... Dudes, a Beast!
    [/quote]he's too small ;p[/quote]I still cant believe he weighed that much at the combine.That kid put on 20 pounds Im convinced. Earl changed my whole perception on him that day. He worked his butt off to get there.I was and still am impressed with how hard he worked

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="gmen0820"]Man it's a damn shame that Russell Wilson is only six foot.[/quote] Thats what i said last wk, the dudes insane.. I think he must be given a shot, regardless of size, its not like he dosen't throw the ball well, ala Drew Brees, and he is very hard to take down, because hes kinda muscley thick and stong, as far as his base, and obviously he moves well in the pocket... A much more complete player then say, Troy Smith was... This is the 2nd complete game i've seen R.Wilson play, and i am just as impressed as i was last wk, if not more, being it was on the rd in Techs home stadium..
    [/quote]Funny how we both got ripped for saying Crabtree wasnt the best receiver in the draft. Funny how that works hey[/quote] Ya, i Liked Kenny Britt the Best, with Hakeem Nicks, Maclin up there, with crabtree in the mix as well.. THe only guy i didn't like was Darius Heyward Bey.. Its funny how some on here actually started sticking up for Bey when there was rumours we were interested..

[/quote]he's too small ;p[/quote]I still cant believe he weighed that much at the combine.That kid put on 20 pounds Im convinced. Earl changed my whole perception on him that day. He worked his butt off to get there.I was and still am impressed with how hard he worked[/quote] well, what about what he did on the field? I mean, dosen't that matter to ya..lol He was a freaking beast for texas, a Straight beast, from the second he took the field for the longhorns, and that same exact ballhawking nature has already presented its self in the NFL, with 3ints, all though, he plays for a Cruddy team... I definetly don't think he gained 20lbs, he was listed the whole time at a respectable weight, and i showed pictures with his shirt off, and it showed he was probably very close to his listed weight.. He was probably around 195-199 at texas, in my opinion, and i watched a Ton of him with my Uncle....

I wish he was in our Secondary, as hes gonna be a sensational player, and so far, as mayock agreed, hes pretty close to talent with Eric Berry, and hes been better so far... Hes also projected to get 112tackles to go with 11ints for the season... My DROY prediction looking good early on...lol

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="gmen0820"]Man it's a damn shame that Russell Wilson is only six foot.[/quote] Thats what i said last wk, the dudes insane.. I think he must be given a shot, regardless of size, its not like he dosen't throw the ball well, ala Drew Brees, and he is very hard to take down, because hes kinda muscley thick and stong, as far as his base, and obviously he moves well in the pocket... A much more complete player then say, Troy Smith was... This is the 2nd complete game i've seen R.Wilson play, and i am just as impressed as i was last wk, if not more, being it was on the rd in Techs home stadium..

[/quote]he's too small ;p[/quote] lol

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="gmen0820"]Man it's a damn shame that Russell Wilson is only six foot.[/quote]* Thats what i said last wk, the dudes insane.. I think he must be given a shot, regardless of size, its not like he dosen't throw the ball well, ala Drew Brees, and he is very hard to take down, because hes kinda muscley thick and stong, as far as his base, and obviously he moves well in the pocket... A much more complete player then say, Troy Smith was...* This is the 2nd complete game i've seen R.Wilson play, and i am just as impressed as i was last wk, if not more, being it was on the rd in Techs home stadium..
    [/quote]Funny how we both got ripped for saying Crabtree wasnt the best receiver in the draft. Funny how that works hey[/quote]* Ya, i Liked Kenny Britt the Best, with Hakeem Nicks, Maclin up there, with crabtree in the mix as well.. THe only guy i didn't like was Darius Heyward Bey.. Its funny how some on here actually started sticking up for Bey when there was rumours we were interested..

[/quote]he's too small ;p[/quote]I still cant believe he weighed that much at the combine.That kid put on 20 pounds Im convinced. Earl changed my whole perception on him that day. He worked his butt off to get there.I was and still am impressed with how hard he worked[/quote]
    im glad to see Thomas doing good....I was one of the first people on the board with the Earl Thomas bandwagon, i cant even rememebr how many times peple said "Hes too small" "2nd round pick at best" "Bust in the NFL" ...lmao

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="gmen0820"]Man it's a damn shame that Russell Wilson is only six foot.[/quote] Thats what i said last wk, the dudes insane.. I think he must be given a shot, regardless of size, its not like he dosen't throw the ball well, ala Drew Brees, and he is very hard to take down, because hes kinda muscley thick and stong, as far as his base, and obviously he moves well in the pocket... A much more complete player then say, Troy Smith was... This is the 2nd complete game i've seen R.Wilson play, and i am just as impressed as i was last wk, if not more, being it was on the rd in Techs home stadium..

[/quote]he's too small ;p[/quote]I still cant believe he weighed that much at the combine.That kid put on 20 pounds Im convinced. Earl changed my whole perception on him that day. He worked his butt off to get there.I was and still am impressed with how hard he worked[/quote]
    im glad to see Thomas doing good....I was one of the first people on the board with the Earl Thomas bandwagon, i cant even rememebr how many times peple said "Hes too small" "2nd round pick at best" "Bust in the NFL" ...lmao[/quote] ALot of people asked me, if i was his Agent, thats how hard i talked about Earl...lol

Its like anything else though, u got people who just have there opinions, and thats that.. I wanted to go after Charlie Weis for OC so bad during the offseason, and all i heard about was his HC gig at ND.. The guys a Beast OC, and is killing it for KC right now, and it would of been great to have his creative mind mixed in with all the skilled players we have...

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="gmen0820"]Man it's a damn shame that Russell Wilson is only six foot.[/quote] Thats what i said last wk, the dudes insane.. I think he must be given a shot, regardless of size, its not like he dosen't throw the ball well, ala Drew Brees, and he is very hard to take down, because hes kinda muscley thick and stong, as far as his base, and obviously he moves well in the pocket... A much more complete player then say, Troy Smith was... This is the 2nd complete game i've seen R.Wilson play, and i am just as impressed as i was last wk, if not more, being it was on the rd in Techs home stadium..

[/quote]he's too small ;p[/quote]I still cant believe he weighed that much at the combine.That kid put on 20 pounds Im convinced. Earl changed my whole perception on him that day. He worked his butt off to get there.I was and still am impressed with how hard he worked[/quote] im glad to see Thomas doing good....I was one of the first people on the board with the Earl Thomas bandwagon, i cant even rememebr how many times peple said "Hes too small" "2nd round pick at best" "Bust in the NFL" ...lmao[/quote]I dont remember anyone saying he was going to be a bust. I dont recall anyone questioning his ability to play the pass. I definitely questioned whether he could be effective against the run on a consistent basis.As far as pass defense goes U would have to be blind not to notice those skills.I stand by my statement that he was 190 pounds in the national championship game though. After seeing him at the combine looking the way he did,He shut me up thats for sure.

another Akeem Ayers Update.. He just had a Ok game against Wash ST, going for 4solo tackles, a Forced Fumble, a Sack, and a Pass Defended...lol

This Dude is on another level!

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="gmen0820"]Man it's a damn shame that Russell Wilson is only six foot.[/quote] Thats what i said last wk, the dudes insane.. I think he must be given a shot, regardless of size, its not like he dosen't throw the ball well, ala Drew Brees, and he is very hard to take down, because hes kinda muscley thick and stong, as far as his base, and obviously he moves well in the pocket... A much more complete player then say, Troy Smith was... This is the 2nd complete game i've seen R.Wilson play, and i am just as impressed as i was last wk, if not more, being it was on the rd in Techs home stadium..

[/quote]he's too small ;p[/quote]I still cant believe he weighed that much at the combine.That kid put on 20 pounds Im convinced. Earl changed my whole perception on him that day. He worked his butt off to get there.I was and still am impressed with how hard he worked[/quote] im glad to see Thomas doing good....I was one of the first people on the board with the Earl Thomas bandwagon, i cant even rememebr how many times peple said "Hes too small" "2nd round pick at best" "Bust in the NFL" ...lmao[/quote]I dont remember anyone saying he was going to be a bust. I dont recall anyone questioning his ability to play the pass. I definitely questioned whether he could be effective against the run on a consistent basis.As far as pass defense goes U would have to be blind not to notice those skills.I stand by my statement that he was 190 pounds in the national championship game though. After seeing him at the combine looking the way he did,He shut me up thats for sure.[/quote] no, your right on bust, but certainly alot of doubts as far as Underestimating a Impecable Resume..To many People put to much emphasis on Size/Speed, instead of just being a Great "football" player, with instincts and smarts being huge assets to a players game.. I dont want a Kid whos super fast and big if hes got butterfingers, and can't control himself in a heated moment and costs your team Huge Yrds..... Also, Earl had shown a willingness to mix it up in the run, he caught alot of heat on here for his size, and people assuming he coulden't tackle..

Well Seattle is doing exactly what they should be doing with Earl Thomas, let him free lance and use his instincts to make plays against the pass. They are playing him deep constantly so he doesn't have to do much run support,

I said pre-draft that he would have to play in that kind of system to be effective.

As for the giants who use their safetys interchangeably and often up in run support, he wouldn't fit so well here.

And if anyone watched Berry play against the 49ers last week, he's really coming on strong. Made a couple really good plays that show just what kind of player he can be.

+ Reply to Thread