+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 562 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118518 ... LastLast

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="slipknottin"]Well Seattle is doing exactly what they should be doing with Earl Thomas, let him free lance and use his instincts to make plays against the pass. They are playing him deep constantly so he doesn't have to do much run support,

I said pre-draft that he would have to play in that kind of system to be effective.

As for the giants who use their safetys interchangeably and often up in run support, he wouldn't fit so well here.

And if anyone watched Berry play against the 49ers last week, he's really coming on strong. Made a couple really good plays that show just what kind of player he can be.[/quote] Earls had to make quite a few plays against the run with poorus run defense Seattle has, and hes done just fine, hes making all sorts of solo tackles, and the seattle fans say hes very physical in his form, violent if u will... Hes very well rounded, and his size dosen't matter anyways, as hes the same size as Antrel Rolle, who we've seen as a ballhawker, coming up to the line plenty of times already to support the run or blitz.. If your on the Football field, and your gonna be successful, in todays NFL, u can't just stand back play after play, u have to show diffrent looks with your personel, and from what i understand, hes been a 3down player anyways.. Seattle fans on NFL.com Messege Boards and I talked about him alot during there win over SD..

First off, Earl Thomas is not the same size as Rolle.

Second, in the charger game Thomas was credited with 2 run support tackles, both coming against Sproles. He had no tackles against the big back Tolbert.

Think that's a coincidence? No. He is strictly a free safety, that's not to say he can't help in run support occasionally, but he is not an in the box run stopper, not by a long shot.

[quote user="slipknottin"]First off, Earl Thomas is not the same size as Rolle.

Second, in the charger game Thomas was credited with 2 run support tackles, both coming against Sproles. He had no tackles against the big back Tolbert.

Think that's a coincidence? No. He is strictly a free safety, that's not to say he can't help in run support occasionally, but he is not an in the box run stopper, not by a long shot.[/quote] First of all, The chargers threw the ball 53 times, and barley ran the ball all game, as Sproles only had 1single carry, which makes it hard to make 2tackles on someone in run support, u think? He also had a QB HIT.

And I never said, hes a In the box safety at all, u made it seem as if he was strickly a CF'er who did nothing else, and that coulen't be further from the truth...

Sorry, his 2nd tackle on sproles was a passing play.

So he had 1 run support tackle all game.

He is not a big physical safety, he is a smaller instinctive cover guy. He wouldn't fit in to a lot of teams defensive schemes.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Sorry, his 2nd tackle on sproles was a passing play.

He is not a big physical safety, he is a smaller instinctive cover guy. He wouldn't fit in to a lot of teams defensive schemes.[/quote] of course he would, why woulden't he? The guys made plays all over the field, wheater if be a QB HIT or a TFL or 23total tackles 19solo, 3ints... And, again, thats with the Seahawks having 2of there opponets throwing all the time against them, becasue they were up most to all of the game, including a 53 pass effort from Rivers and 45 pass effort from Alex Smith... In those Instances, hes gonna be playing CF more, because its nothing but pass downs most of the time, but he still has a QB HIT and a TFL all ready as well, and Leads the Team in SOLO tackles.. The dudes awesome, and is probably in the Lead early on for DROY...

3ints, 1tfl, 1QB hit and 19 solo tackles, and on pace for 92tackles overall...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"]Sorry, his 2nd tackle on sproles was a passing play.

He is not a big physical safety, he is a smaller instinctive cover guy. He wouldn't fit in to a lot of teams defensive schemes.[/quote]** of course he would, why woulden't he? The guys made plays all over the field, wheater if be a QB HIT or a TFL or 23total tackles 19solo, 3ints...** And, again, thats with the Seahawks having 2of there opponets throwing all the time against them, becasue they were up most to all of the game, including a 53 pass effort from Rivers and* 45 pass effort from Alex Smith... In those Instances, hes gonna be playing CF more, because its nothing but pass downs most of the time, but he still has a QB HIT and a TFL all ready as well, and Leads the Team in SOLO tackles.. The dudes awesome, and is probably in the Lead early on for DROY...

[/quote]hey what do you know bout donate moch OMB for Nevada. Saw his 40 listed at 4.25. I know that's not official but damn!

[quote user="slipknottin"]First off, Earl Thomas is not the same size as Rolle. Second, in the charger game Thomas was credited with 2 run support tackles, both coming against Sproles. He had no tackles against the big back Tolbert. Think that's a coincidence? No. He is strictly a free safety, that's not to say he can't help in run support occasionally, but he is not an in the box run stopper, not by a long shot.[/quote]Yeah I never thought he fit the Giants very well. Certain teams I thought he was a good fit as a safety . Most teams as a corner

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="slipknottin"]First off, Earl Thomas is not the same size as Rolle. Second, in the charger game Thomas was credited with 2 run support tackles, both coming against Sproles. He had no tackles against the big back Tolbert. Think that's a coincidence? No. He is strictly a free safety, that's not to say he can't help in run support occasionally, but he is not an in the box run stopper, not by a long shot.[/quote]Yeah I never thought he fit the Giants very well. Certain teams I thought he was a good fit as a safety . Most teams as a corner[/quote] the guys almost the same size as Rolle, and just like Rolle, he also can man up on a WR, except hes probably alittle better at it, and he has good speed like rolle, and hes already made some plays against the Run, with TFL and QB HIT, he picked up Knowshon Moreno at the Line and Dropped em like a Sac of Potatoes... Why wouldent a FS like him, very compact fit a team? Rolle and Thomas are very Similar plaeyrs, as far as what u would get the guys for, almost identical...

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"]Sorry, his 2nd tackle on sproles was a passing play.

He is not a big physical safety, he is a smaller instinctive cover guy. He wouldn't fit in to a lot of teams defensive schemes.[/quote] of course he would, why woulden't he? The guys made plays all over the field, wheater if be a QB HIT or a TFL or 23total tackles 19solo, 3ints... And, again, thats with the Seahawks having 2of there opponets throwing all the time against them, becasue they were up most to all of the game, including a 53 pass effort from Rivers and 45 pass effort from Alex Smith... In those Instances, hes gonna be playing CF more, because its nothing but pass downs most of the time, but he still has a QB HIT and a TFL all ready as well, and Leads the Team in SOLO tackles.. The dudes awesome, and is probably in the Lead early on for DROY...

[/quote]hey what do you know bout donate moch OMB for Nevada. Saw his 40 listed at 4.25. I know that's not official but damn![/quote] I know hes got extreme wheels, and makes plays.. Other then that, i don't know much about em..

<h1 class="title">DE Dontay Moch Runs The Fastest 40-Time Ever!</h1>

<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">They were the
    ones who timed the run. They were the ones who saw it happen right in
    front of their faces. But they didn't believe it. Nevada's Dontay Moch
    had just run a 4.18-second 40-yard dash. That time would be among the
    fastest ever recorded. In disbelief, they made him run again. He clocked
    a 4.08 in his second try. That time is almost inhuman. So, they made
    him run again. On his third and final try, he covered the 40 yards in
    4.2 seconds. Maybe he was a little tired, but even that time is run by
    only the most nimble wide receivers and cornerbacks. Imagine a 6-foot-1,
    245-pound defensive end like Moch running it. Unthinkable. "He has
    freakish talent," Wolf Pack defensive coordinator Andy Buh said.
    "Freakish talent. That would be my two words for Dontay Moch. When he
    puts his mind to it,

Read more...</p></span>

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"]Sorry, his 2nd tackle on sproles was a passing play.

He is not a big physical safety, he is a smaller instinctive cover guy. He wouldn't fit in to a lot of teams defensive schemes.[/quote]** of course he would, why woulden't he? The guys made plays all over the field, wheater if be a QB HIT or a TFL or 23total tackles 19solo, 3ints...** And, again, thats with the Seahawks having 2of there opponets throwing all the time against them, becasue they were up most to all of the game, including a 53 pass effort from Rivers and* 45 pass effort from Alex Smith... In those Instances, hes gonna be playing CF more, because its nothing but pass downs most of the time, but he still has a QB HIT and a TFL all ready as well, and Leads the Team in SOLO tackles.. The dudes awesome, and is probably in the Lead early on for DROY...

[/quote]hey what do you know bout donate moch OMB for Nevada. Saw his 40 listed at 4.25. I know that's not official but damn![/quote] I know hes got extreme wheels, and makes plays.. Other then that, i don't know much about em..

<h1 class="title">DE Dontay Moch Runs The Fastest 40-Time Ever!</h1>

<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">They were the
    ones who timed the run. They were the ones who saw it happen right in
    front of their faces. But they didn't believe it. Nevada's Dontay Moch
    had just run a 4.18-second 40-yard dash. That time would be among the
    fastest ever recorded. In disbelief, they made him run again. He clocked
    a 4.08 in his second try. That time is almost inhuman. So, they made
    him run again. On his third and final try, he covered the 40 yards in
    4.2 seconds. Maybe he was a little tired, but even that time is run by
    only the most nimble wide receivers and cornerbacks. Imagine a 6-foot-1,
    245-pound defensive end like Moch running it. Unthinkable. "He has
    freakish talent," Wolf Pack defensive coordinator Andy Buh said.
    "Freakish talent. That would be my two words for Dontay Moch. When he
    puts his mind to it,

Read more...</p></span>r>[/quote]woooow unfortunately sounds like a 3-4 olb but man this kid sounds interesting.He

+ Reply to Thread