+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 562 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119519 ... LastLast

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"]Sorry, his 2nd tackle on sproles was a passing play.

So he had 1 run support tackle all game.

He is not a big physical safety, he is a smaller instinctive cover guy. He wouldn't fit in to a lot of teams defensive schemes.[/quote] of course he would, why woulden't he? The guys made plays all over the field, wheater if be a QB HIT or a TFL or 23total tackles 19solo, 3ints... And, again, thats with the Seahawks having 2of there opponets throwing all the time against them, becasue they were up most to all of the game, including a 53 pass effort from Rivers and 45 pass effort from Alex Smith... In those Instances, hes gonna be playing CF more, because its nothing but pass downs most of the time, but he still has a QB HIT and a TFL all ready as well, and Leads the Team in SOLO tackles.. The dudes awesome, and is probably in the Lead early on for DROY...

3ints, 1tfl, 1QB hit and 19 solo tackles, and on pace for 92tackles overall...
    [/quote]hey what do you know bout donate moch OMB for Nevada. Saw his 40 listed at 4.25. I know that's not official but damn![/quote] I know hes got extreme wheels, and makes plays.. Other then that, i don't know much about em..

DE Dontay Moch Runs The Fastest 40-Time Ever!

They were the
    ones who timed the run. They were the ones who saw it happen right in
    front of their faces. But they didn't believe it. Nevada's Dontay Moch
    had just run a 4.18-second 40-yard dash. That time would be among the
    fastest ever recorded. In disbelief, they made him run again. He clocked
    a 4.08 in his second try. That time is almost inhuman. So, they made
    him run again. On his third and final try, he covered the 40 yards in
    4.2 seconds. Maybe he was a little tired, but even that time is run by
    only the most nimble wide receivers and cornerbacks. Imagine a 6-foot-1,
    245-pound defensive end like Moch running it. Unthinkable. "He has
    freakish talent," Wolf Pack defensive coordinator Andy Buh said.
    "Freakish talent. That would be my two words for Dontay Moch. When he
    puts his mind to it,

Read more...

r>[/quote]woooow unfortunately sounds like a 3-4 olb but man this kid sounds interesting.He[/quote]That's crazy fast speed for a DE. So what's the knock on the guy? He seems a little small at 6"1. Not too many DE's that size in the NFL. The guys obviously got talent, I'm wondering why none of the major college football programs took notice?

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"]Sorry, his 2nd tackle on sproles was a passing play.

So he had 1 run support tackle all game.

He is not a big physical safety, he is a smaller instinctive cover guy. He wouldn't fit in to a lot of teams defensive schemes.[/quote]** of course he would, why woulden't he? The guys made plays all over the field, wheater if be a QB HIT or a TFL or 23total tackles 19solo, 3ints...** And, again, thats with the Seahawks having 2of there opponets throwing all the time against them, becasue they were up most to all of the game, including a 53 pass effort from Rivers and* 45 pass effort from Alex Smith... In those Instances, hes gonna be playing CF more, because its nothing but pass downs most of the time, but he still has a QB HIT and a TFL all ready as well, and Leads the Team in SOLO tackles.. The dudes awesome, and is probably in the Lead early on for DROY...

[/quote]hey what do you know bout donate moch OMB for Nevada. Saw his 40 listed at 4.25. I know that's not official but damn![/quote] I know hes got extreme wheels, and makes plays.. Other then that, i don't know much about em..

They were the
    ones who timed the run. They were the ones who saw it happen right in
    front of their faces. But they didn't believe it. Nevada's Dontay Moch
    had just run a 4.18-second 40-yard dash. That time would be among the
    fastest ever recorded. In disbelief, they made him run again. He clocked
    a 4.08 in his second try. That time is almost inhuman. So, they made
    him run again. On his third and final try, he covered the 40 yards in
    4.2 seconds. Maybe he was a little tired, but even that time is run by
    only the most nimble wide receivers and cornerbacks. Imagine a 6-foot-1,
    245-pound defensive end like Moch running it. Unthinkable. "He has
    freakish talent," Wolf Pack defensive coordinator Andy Buh said.
    "Freakish talent. That would be my two words for Dontay Moch. When he
    puts his mind to it,

Read more...

r>[/quote]woooow unfortunately sounds like a 3-4 olb but man this kid sounds interesting.He[/quote]That's crazy fast speed for a DE. So what's the knock on the guy? He seems a little small at 6"1. Not too many DE's that size in the NFL. The guys obviously got talent, I'm wondering why none of the major college football programs took notice?
    [/quote]good question. His bro plays at sdst but as for him maybe fell through the cracks? Idk happens sometimes gonna keep an eye on him that's for sure

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"]Sorry, his 2nd tackle on sproles was a passing play. So he had 1 run support tackle all game. He is not a big physical safety, he is a smaller instinctive cover guy. He wouldn't fit in to a lot of teams defensive schemes.[/quote] of course he would, why woulden't he? The guys made plays all over the field, wheater if be a QB HIT or a TFL or 23total tackles 19solo, 3ints... And, again, thats with the Seahawks having 2of there opponets throwing all the time against them, becasue they were up most to all of the game, including a 53 pass effort from Rivers and 45 pass effort from Alex Smith... In those Instances, hes gonna be playing CF more, because its nothing but pass downs most of the time, but he still has a QB HIT and a TFL all ready as well, and Leads the Team in SOLO tackles.. The dudes awesome, and is probably in the Lead early on for DROY...

They were the ones who timed the run. They were the ones who saw it happen right in front of their faces. But they didn't believe it. Nevada's Dontay Moch had just run a 4.18-second 40-yard dash. That time would be among the fastest ever recorded. In disbelief, they made him run again. He clocked a 4.08 in his second try. That time is almost inhuman. So, they made him run again. On his third and final try, he covered the 40 yards in 4.2 seconds. Maybe he was a little tired, but even that time is run by only the most nimble wide receivers and cornerbacks. Imagine a 6-foot-1, 245-pound defensive end like Moch running it. Unthinkable. "He has freakish talent," Wolf Pack defensive coordinator Andy Buh said. "Freakish talent. That would be my two words for Dontay Moch. When he puts his mind to it,

Read more...

r>[/quote]woooow unfortunately sounds like a 3-4 olb but man this kid sounds interesting.He[/quote]

As TFY Draftís Tony Pauline noted in his excellent podcast, Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick surprisingly timed in the 4.4s on the same surface that Moch ran his 40. Both players probably benefited from running on a very fast track. In fact, itís likely that Mochís 40 time in Indy will end up being closer to Kaepernickís than his own 4.25.

One area where Moch needs to show improvement is at using his hands effectively. Mochís speed can be neutralized when he doesnít quickly dispatch blockers. At 6í1?, 238 lbs., heís at a natural size/length disadvantage, so itís important that he improve his strength and do everything he can to perfect his hand play.

Mochís lack of ideal size stands out even more in the run game. Heís often engulfed by right tackles, even the occasional tight end. When he gets proper extension, Moch does flash good strength: on one play, he brought Sam Young to his knees. But Moch more often gets plowed back, like when he lost contain early in the bowl game against SMU, leading to a TD.

Because of his limitations as a run-defending 4-3 defensive end, Moch likely will have to make the transition to 3-4 outside linebacker. He only rushed with his hand up and dropped into coverage a couple times in the games I watched, but he looked very comfortable doing both. On one play, he dropped into coverage and quickly sniffed out a screen; though he didnít make the tackle, he managed to slow down the action and prevent a bigger play.

I cant wait to see this guy in the all star games.I hope I get a chance to catch one of his games. I know for sure that they will be on against Boise State at the end of the season

How much can a "fast track" improve your speed? I mean you have human error and the track but if this kid can still run 4.3 - 4.4 that's darn fast for a lbr. Not too worried about the intel as he is way too small for de and like I said more suited for 3-4 olb. Still gonna keep an eye on him

[quote user="thegreatone"]How much can a "fast track" improve your speed? I mean you have human error and the track but if this kid can still run 4.3 - 4.4 that's darn fast for a lbr. Not too worried about the intel as he is way too small for de and like I said more suited for 3-4 olb. Still gonna keep an eye on him[/quote] Not to mention, the track in Indy is set up for speed as well.. Hes gonna run a Unherad of time, most likely... Its a Very Likely scenario for him to go to a Team as a 3/4 Rush LB, but weirder things have happened, just ask clint sintim...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"]How much can a "fast track" improve your speed? I mean you have human error and the track but if this kid can still run 4.3 - 4.4 that's darn fast for a lbr. Not too worried about the intel as he is way too small for de and like I said more suited for 3-4 olb. Still gonna keep an eye on him[/quote]* Not to mention, the track in Indy is set up for speed as well..* Hes gonna run a Unherad of time, most likely...** Its a Very Likely scenario for him to go to a Team as a 3/4 Rush LB, but weirder things have happened, just ask clint sintim...
    [/quote]yep my thoughts too. How about that max hall NYC

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"]How much can a "fast track" improve your speed? I mean you have human error and the track but if this kid can still run 4.3 - 4.4 that's darn fast for a lbr. Not too worried about the intel as he is way too small for de and like I said more suited for 3-4 olb. Still gonna keep an eye on him[/quote] Not to mention, the track in Indy is set up for speed as well.. Hes gonna run a Unherad of time, most likely... Its a Very Likely scenario for him to go to a Team as a 3/4 Rush LB, but weirder things have happened, just ask clint sintim...
    [/quote]yep my thoughts too. How about that max hall NYC [/quote] Ya, hes getting His chance.. I mean, i picked up Saints D in my Fantasy League...lol I think my Sleeper is the number 2 QB right now in PHilly, Kafka... I hope Max Hall is horrible this weekend, i am in 1st in my league, and i got a Ton invested in the Saints this weekend, from Lance Moore as my num 3 WR, to Saints D, to John Carney.. I hope that game goes as planned, i'm playing the number 2 team in the league..

[quote user="thegreatone"]How much can a "fast track" improve your speed? I mean you have human error and the track but if this kid can still run 4.3 - 4.4 that's darn fast for a lbr. Not too worried about the intel as he is way too small for de and like I said more suited for 3-4 olb. Still gonna keep an eye on him[/quote]As willI but I doget what there saying about the track. I bet he runs a 4.4 at the combine which is still very fast for that size. I dont think he is a guy that goes to the Giants but I will be looking out for him out of curiosity. I hope there is another chance to catch him before the Boise St game.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"]How much can a "fast track" improve your speed? I mean you have human error and the track but if this kid can still run 4.3 - 4.4 that's darn fast for a lbr. Not too worried about the intel as he is way too small for de and like I said more suited for 3-4 olb. Still gonna keep an eye on him[/quote] Not to mention, the track in Indy is set up for speed as well.. Hes gonna run a Unherad of time, most likely... Its a Very Likely scenario for him to go to a Team as a 3/4 Rush LB, but weirder things have happened, just ask clint sintim...
    [/quote]Not like the tracks they have at colleges ever notice how pro day times are always better then the combine. I get skeptical when times are leaked out to the media remember what they said about Mays last year. His reported times were like this and he ran a 4.43 "Although I think they botched his time some how". Or maybe I should just wait to watch him in person before making a time projection,LOL. I just dont trust leaked 40's they never turn out like there advertised. Remember if U see a Nevada telecast say something

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"]How much can a "fast track" improve your speed? I mean you have human error and the track but if this kid can still run 4.3 - 4.4 that's darn fast for a lbr. Not too worried about the intel as he is way too small for de and like I said more suited for 3-4 olb. Still gonna keep an eye on him[/quote]* Not to mention, the track in Indy is set up for speed as well..* Hes gonna run a Unherad of time, most likely...** Its a Very Likely scenario for him to go to a Team as a 3/4 Rush LB, but weirder things have happened, just ask clint sintim...
    [/quote]yep my thoughts too. How about that max hall NYC [/quote] Ya, hes getting His chance.. I mean, i picked up Saints D in my Fantasy League...lol I think my Sleeper is the number 2 QB right now in PHilly, Kafka...** I hope Max Hall is horrible this weekend, i am in 1st in my league, and i got a Ton invested in the Saints this weekend, from Lance Moore as my num 3 WR, to Saints D, to John Carney.. I hope that game goes as planned, i'm playing the number 2 team in the league..
    [/quote]I wouldn't be worried. While I think hall can be a very good qb his first game is against a very fast and very good defense. All depends on the scheme and if they can get beanie and Hightower goin early. Hoopefully it'll be on tv and I'll get to watch my 7th round pick tell u what much rather having him back up Eli than dodge

+ Reply to Thread