+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 562 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154554 ... LastLast

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="go tuck"]hey slipknottin: what is your level of involvement in football? Your analysis sounds like you could almost give Gruden a run for his money[/quote]

thats more because Gruden is a moron. Lol.

I have no involvement, just going to school for journalism. Id love to get into some type of scouting, but odds are pretty slim.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"] Me I would rather have Patrick Peterson theres more to work with[/quote] I would think most teams feel that way. However, I expect Peterson to have somewhat of a rough start in the NFL. I think it may take him a season or 2 to really get down the proper technique to be a big time player. Amukamara I think is more NFL ready, but just doesnt have the upside. Though thats not to say Amukamara doesnt have the physical skills to be a top 10 CB in the NFL. 6' 200 pounds, strong build, and probably will run around a 4.4 flat.[/quote]Your right Amukamara " I never know if Im spelling that right" is no slouch physically as well. Peterson has just insane physcial ability

Bench Player

"No Homo" ... dude love your posts.. do you know what our O-line is gonna look like sunday

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Your right Amukamara " I never know if Im spelling that right" is no slouch physically as well. Peterson has just insane physcial ability[/quote]

I just looked it up, lol. I know how to say it, spelling it is another issue. Though half the time I still screw up typing Umenyiora. Hah.

Yea, Peterson is probably the most physically gifted player in the draft (bruce carter isnt far behind, he will light it up at the combine too).

The real issue is... how often is it the physically gifted player who becomes the best NFL player? Especially at the CB position.

Revis is pretty average physically, 5'11 200 pounds, ran a 4.4 flat He just has incredible technique. Brandon Flowers is another guy, 5'9 195, ran a 4.55. Right now he's arguably the best CB in the league. Neither guy has the physical tools close to what Peterson has.

I still think Peterson is the most like Ike Taylor of the steelers, both 6'2, but run sub 4.3, both play physical. But neither has outstanding discipline or technique. Can Peterson be coached up to be an elite guy? Thats the real question that needs to be asked, he can get away with just being a freak athlete in college, hes bigger and faster than everyone he lines up against, and he is so much better than the CB opposite him that he rarely gets tested, wont work that way in the NFL.

[quote user="go tuck"]"No Homo" ... dude love your posts.. do you know what our O-line is gonna look like sunday[/quote]

Honestly, I dont think even Coughlin knows at this point, they seem very hesitant to say much about Andrews.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Your right Amukamara " I never know if Im spelling that right" is no slouch physically as well. Peterson has just insane physcial ability[/quote] I just looked it up, lol. I know how to say it, spelling it is another issue. Though half the time I still screw up typing Umenyiora. Hah. Yea, Peterson is probably the most physically gifted player in the draft (bruce carter isnt far behind, he will light it up at the combine too). The real issue is... how often is it the physically gifted player who becomes the best NFL player? Especially at the CB position. Revis is pretty average physically, 5'11 200 pounds, ran a 4.4 flat He just has incredible technique. Brandon Flowers is another guy, 5'9 195, ran a 4.55. Right now he's arguably the best CB in the league. Neither guy has the physical tools close to what Peterson has. I still think Peterson is the most like Ike Taylor of the steelers, both 6'2, but run sub 4.3, both play physical. But neither has outstanding discipline or technique. Can Peterson be coached up to be an elite guy? Thats the real question that needs to be asked, he can get away with just being a freak athlete in college, hes bigger and faster than everyone he lines up against, and he is so much better than the CB opposite him that he rarely gets tested, wont work that way in the NFL.[/quote] All fair points .Things have probably come fairly easy for Peterson being that he is athletically superior then almost everyone he goes up against.

U have any opinions on Miamis Brandon Harris its possible the Giants could be looking corner do U think he would even be considered

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]U have any opinions on Miamis Brandon Harris its possible the Giants could be looking corner do U think he would even be considered

[/quote]

I think it depends on what he measures in at the combine. If he does measure 5'11 I would say they consider him. But I have a feeling he measures in at 5'10 or shorter, and if thats the case, then no, probably not.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Your right Amukamara " I never know if Im spelling that right" is no slouch physically as well. Peterson has just insane physcial ability[/quote] I just looked it up, lol. I know how to say it, spelling it is another issue. Though half the time I still screw up typing Umenyiora. Hah. Yea, Peterson is probably the most physically gifted player in the draft (bruce carter isnt far behind, he will light it up at the combine too). The real issue is... how often is it the physically gifted player who becomes the best NFL player? Especially at the CB position. Revis is pretty average physically, 5'11 200 pounds, ran a 4.4 flat He just has incredible technique. Brandon Flowers is another guy, 5'9 195, ran a 4.55. Right now he's arguably the best CB in the league. Neither guy has the physical tools close to what Peterson has. I still think Peterson is the most like Ike Taylor of the steelers, both 6'2, but run sub 4.3, both play physical. But neither has outstanding discipline or technique. Can Peterson be coached up to be an elite guy? Thats the real question that needs to be asked, he can get away with just being a freak athlete in college, hes bigger and faster than everyone he lines up against, and he is so much better than the CB opposite him that he rarely gets tested, wont work that way in the NFL.[/quote] All fair points .Things have probably come fairly easy for Peterson being that he is athletically superior then almost everyone he goes up against.

U have any opinions on Miamis Brandon Harris its possible the Giants could be looking corner do U think he would even be considered

[/quote] Looking forward to seeing Harris on jarrett boykin this weekend.. That matchup is one u could see on Sundays down the line, and boykin has explosion and size, and it'll be interesting to watch harris on him.. I sure would think the giants would jump all over him if he were on board and Reese and the Gmen Scouts liked how he played, as i really don't think a inch or 2 is gonna change there minds... I woulden't put to much into the Size of Webster and Thomas, there both players that reese liked, and i have a feeling alot more then Size went into it.... To me, Janoris Jenkins is the flat out best of the best outside the top 2, and i doubt Reese would pass him up because hes closer to Aaron Ross's size then he is Corey Webster's... Watch Jenkins play, and tell me hes not super physical and can't stick anyone and leap with the best of em.. I'm going on a limb and saying Jenkins has the best Vertical at the combine as far as CB's go, unless Peterson beats him out, hes the only one i think has a chance...All this said, Jimmy Smith is a Guy i could see the Giants taking, because he does have the Size and Speed, but only if Jenkins is off the board.. I think the giants will go with overall future projections over size with jenkins if hes on the board still, over any other CB, but if hes gone, i could definetly see him going Size/Speed with Jimmy Smith, i think J.Smith will run a sub 4.50 and is faster then the other real big strong CB in Ras I Dowling...

My Top 5 CB's outside of Prince and Peterson
    1. Janoris Jenkins(flat out beast, should be impossibly to pass up if on board still, doubtful thoug)
    2. Jimmy Smith(big,strong,fast.. Need i say more?)
    3.Johnny Patrick(sleeper alert! Sleeper Alert! If u haven't seen em yet, SEE HIM!!!!!!!)
    4.Brandon Harris
    5. Tough, guys like Carmichael and Davon house come to mind...

I freaking love Johnny Patick..The guy makes plays all over, and has nice size, alot of expierence and is just a solid pick.. If your just looking for a solid CB who can play immedietly and is almost a sure thing of at least being a Decent NFL corner, u go get this guy, not in rd 1, but i don't think RD 2 is to crazy... Hes gonna FLY up boards by draft time, once scouts go back and look at the tape...

Oh ya, by the way, notice that The Increidbly Stong physical beastly Alshon Jeffery had his Worst Game Yards wise and had zero Long Catches against Jenkins.. I think that tells u all u need to about Jenkins.. I watched that game, and if not for Jeffery just being a INsanely Good WR, He'd of had 2or 3 catches for 30yrds.. I mean, Jenkins was aweomse against him for the most part... I love Jenkins! To be honest, he may be this yrs Kenny Britt and Earl Thomas, as a guy i'm just praying the Giants get, all though i may not go that far, because i really don't think the Giants have much a chance at him...

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="go tuck"]hey slipknottin: what is your level of involvement in football? Your analysis sounds like you could almost give Gruden a run for his money[/quote]

thats more because Gruden is a moron. Lol.

I have no involvement, just going to school for journalism. Id love to get into some type of scouting, but odds are pretty slim.[/quote] Slip, what do u think of the 2nd tier of CB's... Guys outside of Janoris Jenkins and Peterson and Amukamara? For instance, outta this group, who excites u the most..

Brandon Harris, Brandon Burton, Johnny Patrick(love em!), jimmy smith(love em!), Davon House, Rashad Carmicahel, Aaronn Williams...

Obviously, i put Jenkins in Peterson and Amukamaras class as at least the clear cut 3rd best CB that could possbily be in this draft class, u may feel diffrent, if so include Jenkins in the group listed above... Redeye, feel free to answer how u feel about the group above as well..All though, i think u see Harris as i see Jenkins..

+ Reply to Thread