+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 562 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155555 ... LastLast

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

also, i must point out that Julio Jones and Aj Green were pretty much non existint against Janoris Jenkins as well.. Thats 3 Sure Fire 1st RD WR's with Size to boot that Jenkins pretty much gave nothing 2.. I was chating to a bunch of Florida Fans and they were telling me, that if not for Jenkins they'd of lost the Georgia Game, and his work on AJ was strickly the reason they didn't.. I was looking at a site that ripped Jenkins for his work on Tolliver, and it made me cringe! I mean, did he not see any of the other games the guy played? Tolliver was due to have a breakout game, and i will give him that, he did a number on Jenkins that game, but jenkins has prooved that to be a bad game and nothing more with his work against Green and Jeffery from that point forward..

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]U have any opinions on Miamis Brandon Harris its possible the Giants could be looking corner do U think he would even be considered

[/quote] I think it depends on what he measures in at the combine. If he does measure 5'11 I would say they consider him. But I have a feeling he measures in at 5'10 or shorter, and if thats the case, then no, probably not.[/quote]Those are my thoughts as well. I like Harris unfortunatly I know he isnt 5' 11"

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="go tuck"]hey slipknottin: what is your level of involvement in football? Your analysis sounds like you could almost give Gruden a run for his money[/quote] thats more because Gruden is a moron. Lol. I have no involvement, just going to school for journalism. Id love to get into some type of scouting, but odds are pretty slim.[/quote] Slip, what do u think of the 2nd tier of CB's... Guys outside of Janoris Jenkins and Peterson and Amukamara? For instance, outta this group, who excites u the most..

Brandon Harris, Brandon Burton, Johnny Patrick(love em!), jimmy smith(love em!), Davon House, Rashad Carmicahel, Aaronn Williams...

Obviously, i put Jenkins in Peterson and Amukamaras class as at least the clear cut 3rd best CB that could possbily be in this draft class, u may feel diffrent, if so include Jenkins in the group listed above... Redeye, feel free to answer how u feel about the group above as well..All though, i think u see Harris as i see Jenkins..
    [/quote]I like Jenkins Im just thinking in terms of the Giants really. I dont see them taking him. it goes against everything they have done in recent years with there secondary. I was impressed on how well he played Green though

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="go tuck"]hey slipknottin: what is your level of involvement in football? Your analysis sounds like you could almost give Gruden a run for his money[/quote] thats more because Gruden is a moron. Lol. I have no involvement, just going to school for journalism. Id love to get into some type of scouting, but odds are pretty slim.[/quote] Slip, what do u think of the 2nd tier of CB's... Guys outside of Janoris Jenkins and Peterson and Amukamara? For instance, outta this group, who excites u the most..

Brandon Harris, Brandon Burton, Johnny Patrick(love em!), jimmy smith(love em!), Davon House, Rashad Carmicahel, Aaronn Williams...

Obviously, i put Jenkins in Peterson and Amukamaras class as at least the clear cut 3rd best CB that could possbily be in this draft class, u may feel diffrent, if so include Jenkins in the group listed above... Redeye, feel free to answer how u feel about the group above as well..All though, i think u see Harris as i see Jenkins..
    [/quote]I like Jenkins Im just thinking in terms of the Giants really. I dont see them taking him. it goes against everything they have done in recent years with there secondary. I was impressed on how well he played Green though[/quote] Green, Jeffery and J.jones... He played them all fantastically.. None of em had a big play, yardage wise...

Also, as far as the Giants taking These big Corners, lets not forget Aaronn Ross was just the last guy who realistaclly had any chance of going where we picked in that 2007 draft.. The next CB to go went 20plus picks later with Chris Houston... I think that he was the best available player at the positon, a positon we clearly needed... Also, he had that speed and what not, i think there was alot more then he happened to fit a certain SIZE PERAMITER... I mean they did give Bruce Johnson a chance.. U would think they woulden't let the guy have a chance, if they didn't believe in his size, same for Kevin Dockery...

U go look at the Draft Terrell Thomas was taken, and u look at the next 7 CB"s taken, and all of em are big(chevis jackson, Antwaun Molden, Charles Godfrey, Reggie Smith, Tyvon Branch)..etc I mean, some of those guys are so big they are now safties.. Not to mention, looking at that list, i'd rather have Terrell Thomas over all those guys, so maybe it just so happened, Terrell Thomas and Aaron Ross were just the 2most Talented Players at the CB positon left on the board, and definetly CB's, not teetering on Saftey.... There were no better option at the CB positon then Ross and Thomas when we picked them...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="go tuck"]hey slipknottin: what is your level of involvement in football? Your analysis sounds like you could almost give Gruden a run for his money[/quote] thats more because Gruden is a moron. Lol. I have no involvement, just going to school for journalism. Id love to get into some type of scouting, but odds are pretty slim.[/quote] Slip, what do u think of the 2nd tier of CB's... Guys outside of Janoris Jenkins and Peterson and Amukamara? For instance, outta this group, who excites u the most..

[/quote]I like Jenkins Im just thinking in terms of the Giants really. I dont see them taking him. it goes against everything they have done in recent years with there secondary. I was impressed on how well he played Green though[/quote] Green, Jeffery and J.jones... He played them all fantastically.. None of em had a big play, yardage wise...

Also, as far as the Giants taking These big Corners, lets not forget Aaronn Ross was just the last guy who realistaclly had any chance of going where we picked in that 2007 draft.. The next CB to go went 20plus picks later with Chris Houston... I think that he was the best available player at the positon, a positon we clearly needed... Also, he had that speed and what not, i think there was alot more then he happened to fit a certain SIZE PERAMITER... I mean they did give Bruce Johnson a chance.. U would think they woulden't let the guy have a chance, if they didn't believe in his size, same for Kevin Dockery...

U go look at the Draft Terrell Thomas was taken, and u look at the next 7 CB"s taken, and all of em are big(chevis jackson, Antwaun Molden, Charles Godfrey, Reggie Smith, Tyvon Branch)..etc I mean, some of those guys are so big they are now safties.. Not to mention, looking at that list, i'd rather have Terrell Thomas over all those guys, so maybe it just so happened, Terrell Thomas and Aaron Ross were just the 2most Talented Players at the CB positon left on the board, and definetly CB's, not teetering on Saftey.... There were no better option at the CB positon then Ross and Thomas when we picked them...
    [/quote]I dont believe its anaccident the Giants have the largest secondary from top to bottom in the NFL . Theres team that value it more then others. I believe Marc Ross and Jerry Reese have made an effort in obtaining these guys as a philosphy. I personally like it. It tells me they have a plan and direction on how they want the team molded. As U know some players fit better then others in certain systems. If U dont draft towards guys that fit a philosphy U get a jumbled mess that doesnt work.I do admit in Fewells defense it doesnt seem like size is as much of an issue then in Spags.I have been impressed by Janoris Jenkins this year. He has played well against all the big time players in the SEC and if he comes in at 5-11 at the combine he will be in the mix. I do think Ahmad Black is completly out of the question though

Not sure if U saw the Nebraska game but safety Eric Hagg was in 1 on 1 coverage a lot and played reasonably well. Hagg is used as the Nickel player in Nebraskas defense where he lines up as a Corner,linebacker and safety. He is 6-2 207 and a guy that I think could be a good option in the middle rounds as Chad Jones/Deon Grant insurance.

1.Bruce Carter OLB NC- A do everything 3 down LB that can give a defense a ton of flexibility. His all around skill set to blitz and cover WR's in the slot can give a DC just way to many options to ignore.His outstanding ability on special teams is another huge plus as well.

2. Brandon Burton CB Utah 6-0 185 - The Giants need a corner that much is obvious.. Brandon Burton is a little different then what we have seen the last few years from the Giants in the type of corner they covet. In Perry Fewells defense however a different type of corner may be a better idea. Burton excels in zone has a nice beck pedal and good recovery speed. I like Burton a lot in Fewells defense if he isnt the DC I would probably go with another corner in this spot. He is also a junior so he may opt to return especially if the CBA is not sorted out.

3. Marvin Austin DT NC- Maybe Im crazy but I think he is going to fall do tocharacter concerns and a motor that doesnt always run. I think he is worththe risk here

4. Jake Kirkpatrick C TCU- The best center in this class in my opion

6. Eric Hagg S Nebraska / Jermaile Hines S Ohio State- I wanted to go safety higher but I couldnt find one with the skill set besides Mark Barron. Hagg plays as the Nickel defender in Nebraskas defense where they use him at linebacker,Safety, and CB. Another guy who I think is only an option if Fewell is the DC. Hines was used in a Deon Grant type role last year at Ohio State Hines comes with great size "6-2 210"that fits the tweener Linebacker/safety role to perfection.

7. Barron Batch RB Texas Tech- Batch could go higher then this and probably will but he fits a need in my opinion. Batch reminds me some of Mike Goodson of the Panthers. Batch to me could make a very good 3rd down back in the NFL something I think the Giants surely lack. He also can help out on special teams and has 4.4 speed

6-7 Schylur Oordt Northern Iowa- This tight end class is awful but Oordt has gret physical skills to me that cant be ignored a guy to watch in the Senior Bowl.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

1.Bruce Carter OLB NC- A do everything 3 down LB that can give a defense a ton of flexibility. His all around skill set to blitz and cover WR's in the slot can give a DC just way to many options to ignore.His outstanding ability on special teams is another huge plus as well.

2. Brandon Burton CB Utah 6-0 185 - The Giants need a corner that much is obvious.. Brandon Burton is a little different then what we have seen the last few years from the Giants in the type of corner they covet. In Perry Fewells defense however a different type of corner may be a better idea. Burton excels in zone has a nice beck pedal and good recovery speed. I like Burton a lot in Fewells defense if he isnt the DC I would probably go with another corner in this spot. He is also a junior so he may opt to return especially if the CBA is not sorted out.

3. Marvin Austin DT NC- Maybe Im crazy but I think he is going to fall do tocharacter concerns and a motor that doesnt always run. I think he is worththe risk here

6. Eric Hagg S Nebraska / Jermaile Hines S Ohio State- I wanted to go safety higher but I couldnt find one with the skill set besides Mark Barron. Hagg plays as the Nickel defender in Nebraskas defense where they use him at linebacker,Safety, and CB. Another guy who I think is only an option if Fewell is the DC. Hines was used in a Deon Grant type role last year at Ohio State Hines comes with great size "6-2 210"that fits the tweener Linebacker/safety role to perfection.

7. Barron Batch RB Texas Tech- Batch could go higher then this and probably will but he fits a need in my opinion. Batch reminds me some of Mike Goodson of the Panthers. Batch to me could make a very good 3rd down back in the NFL something I think the Giants surely lack. He also can help out on special teams and has 4.4 speed

6-7 Schylur Oordt Northern Iowa- This tight end class is awful but Oordt has gret physical skills to me that cant be ignored a guy to watch in the Senior Bowl.

[/quote] not bad.. I don't think theres a chance that Austin falls that far.. I think u look at Carlos Dunlap and guys like Andre Smith and Anthony Davis and Dez Bryant and what not, and they all didn't drop to RD 3... I realize none of those guys missed a Whole Season, but your still talking about a Projected Talent for his respective positon that matches the names listed above and there respective positons.. I honestly think someone at the end of RD 1 could try and steal a Top 15 talent in Austin, hoping they are getting just that and figuring its worth it... But if they don't, i almost gurantee someone does within the next half to slightly above half rd...

As u said, i don't think Batch goes in RD 7, thinking more on 4 through extremely early 6th... But i would enjoy the pick!

I really have fallen for kirkpatrick after hering u speak about him and i also like burton..

Overall, pretty solid, but i think its because u have a guy going mid to end rd 3 that won't be there... Just my opinion..

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]
    if we get bruce carter the draft is already a WIN! ill settle for jones as well if carter is gone. i almost want to switch to a 3-4 just so i can say moch but i know that aint happening:P

also depending on wether or not we can get it together and end up picking in the final 5-10 i could see wisniewski or dowling a strong possibility

First wk in awhile i'm dropping the giants in my projected WEEKLY mock that i try and adjust to the most recent WK... I didn't do one last wk, or would of dropped em a pick or 2 then, as well.. I'm saying(guess) about pick 22 right now....

1. Akeem Ayers LB UCLA- Love em and his versatility.. Always good to have a SLB that isn't just a guy that can get to the QB but also hold his own in coverege and has a knack for making plays and has shown good hands and athletic ability..

2. Jason Pinkston OT PITT- This guy can play. Hes a 3yr starter on the left side and pitts run game has always been huge with him as the starting LT.. Good Footwork and Mobility and a talented player.. Not to impressed overall with Beatty Yet, and i'm not sold on Andrews staying healthy and of course we have other injury concerns plus age on our Oline..

3. Johnny Patrick CB LOUISVILLE- A very expierenced CB, whos not the attention getter of a Janoris Jenkins or Peterson, but gets it done, and does a heck of a job as the key cog of his defense.. Hes got decent size and speed and i think his stock is finally rising as it should of long ago, and don't be surprised if hes off the board by the time we pick here, but for now, hes my 3rd rd pick for us... We need another CB..

4. Weslye Saunders TE S.Carolina- Before off field issues, Saunders was touted as a Top TE in the country going forward and is a dual threat as a big strong blocker with solid hands.. It would of been fun to see his progress this yr, and the giants possibly needing a big blocking TE with at leaest Solid hands, take a gamble on Saunders here in RD 4, trying to get a steal, and for the TE positon and the giants needing a Starter for boss, its well worth the risk...

6. Kevin Kowalski C TOLEDO- This is a loaded C Class, and Kowalski has gained recogniton over the wk's and is a fundamentally sound, good sized C that could very easily sneak into the 5th rd, but with such a deep class of C's, i chose to wait untill RD 6, as C is a wierd positon and its odd to see so many taken in the first 5 rd's, so i'm banking someone good slips, and in my scenario, its kowalski.. Also watch small school standout brandon fusco's name, as it continues to gain recogniton(i know nothing about him though)....

7. Davonte Shannon SS BUFFALO- I'm almost banking on this kid getting drafted.. He's a tackling machine that also makes plays and has great size and good speed.. I've actually had alot of expierence with Buffalo on TV over the past couple yrs when they were good and got to see Shannon a few times before this season, and its no surprise hes putting together a Amazing yr in the MAC.. I think hes the type of player that makes a team and ends up being a stellar late rd pick for someone... He also would be good groomed to take over D.Grant's spot..

+ Reply to Thread