+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 562 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161561 ... LastLast

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

<font size="3">So you do agree w/ me that Peterson will be the first DB taken, correct? BTW, you gotta quit taking bits and pieces of original posts and quoting them and things will make more sense to you. Just sayin-</font>

[quote user="heavyhitter"]<font size="3">So you do agree w/ me that Peterson will be the first DB taken, correct? BTW, you gotta quit taking bits and pieces of original posts and quoting them and things will make more sense to you. Just sayin-</font>
    [/quote]

I take out parts so I can discuss each part. I said from the beginning that Peterson will be the first DB taken. But its not because he is the best CB, its because he is the best athlete.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] the only reason we picked up sintim in the draft was to rush the passer from the SLB positon.. And the giants have been trying to get awa[/quote]

I disagree. Sintim was drafted to play the on the line LB in Sheridan's 4-3 under defense. A position the giants no longer use.

Kiwi at LB was really more of him being a standup DE than an actual LB.

The way Fewell calls his defense, you want pass coverage over pass rushing ability. How often have we seen Bulluck sent after the QB?[/quote] i disagree, Kiwi was used in coverege and made plays in coverge while out there.. U can't just have a guy do the same things over and over again... Obviously, if your playing LB, u are gonna drop in coverege, more often then a Dline guy would, no matter what system, hence 8pass defended and 2picks in Kiwi's first 2yrs in the league... We obviously need a SLB that can cover somewhat, and thats what Ayers could bring... He dosen't look that big either, as he looks lankey and to be honest, he can become alot better at rushing the passer then he has been, he makes quite a few plays against the Run and in coverege, hes the perfect 4/3 SLB because hes not elite at Rushing the QB, but adequete, and as a 3/4 olb, he'll need to be better at Rushing the QB then he is...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]i disagree, Kiwi was used in coverege and made plays in coverge while out there..[/quote]

Not this year he didnt. He was essentially just a standup roving DE. Completely different than an OLB.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="heavyhitter"]<font size="3">So you do agree w/ me that Peterson will be the first DB taken, correct? BTW, you gotta quit taking bits and pieces of original posts and quoting them and things will make more sense to you. Just sayin-</font>
    [/quote] Peterson will be the first DB taken. He is the best CB, he is the best athlete.[/quote]<font size="3">I just rather leave posts as they are, and highlight or enlarge the part you want to discuss. Notice how bits n pieces were left out. Anyhow, I'm glad you enjoy Patrick Peterson and from here on out you will show him the utmost respect (kind of like you did for Taylor Mays). Questions, comments?</font> <font size="3">lol</font>

[quote user="heavyhitter"]>I just rather leave posts as they are, and highlight or enlarge the part you want to discuss[/quote]

I never changed anything you said though. You changed what I said.

And no, Peterson is not the best cover CB in the draft.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Marcel Dareus is playing out of his mind so far in this game.[/quote]

Fairley on Auburn is playing great too.[/quote]<font size="3">I can see both Fairley and Dareus as top 10 overall picks. </font>

[quote user="heavyhitter"]I can see both Fairley and Dareus as top 10 overall picks. </font>
    [/quote]

I think so too, both can play pretty much anywhere on a DL, tho I think both may end up as 3-4 DEs.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="heavyhitter"]&gt;I just rather leave posts as they are, and highlight or enlarge the part you want to discuss[/quote]

I never changed anything you said though. You changed what I said.

And no, Peterson is not the best cover CB in the draft.[/quote]<font size="3">Do you believe Mark Herzlich is going to be rated as a first rounder and how strong do you see this ILB class??</font>

[quote user="heavyhitter"]Do you believe Mark Herzlich is going to be rated as a first rounder and how strong do you see this ILB class??</font>
    [/quote]

Talent wise yes. But I get the feeling a lot of teams are going to take him off their draft boards or drop him down a ton for health reasons. That the guy had bone cancer and still has weaker bones from it (hes broken multiple bones this year) is a huge concern.

ILB class is difficult, just because its difficult to project who will end up playing at ILB, and who will be an OLB. But IMO, the 4-3 LB class this year is one of the best Ive ever seen.

+ Reply to Thread