+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 562 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="heavyhitter"]I can see both Fairley and Dareus as top 10 overall picks.
    [/quote]

I think so too, both can play pretty much anywhere on a DL, tho I think both may end up as 3-4 DEs.[/quote]<font size="3">I think the 1st round/early 2nd, you will see a ton of 3-4 DE's get drafted but there seems to be a drop off after that. </font>

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="heavyhitter"]Do you believe Mark Herzlich is going to be rated as a first rounder and how strong do you see this ILB class??</FONT>
    [/quote] Talent wise yes. But I get the feeling a lot of teams are going to take him off their draft boards or drop him down a ton for health reasons. That the guy had bone cancer and still has weaker bones from it (hes broken multiple bones this year) is a huge concern. ILB class is difficult, just because its difficult to project who will end up playing at ILB, and who will be an OLB. But IMO, the 4-3 LB class this year is one of the best Ive ever seen.[/quote]It is completely loaded isnt it. The top 3 rounds are filled with players that I see thatcould make an immediate impact. There really is a little bit of everything but what surprises ne is the top quality guys that are athletic enough to play the pass

[quote user="heavyhitter"]I think the 1st round/early 2nd, you will see a ton of 3-4 DE's get drafted but there seems to be a drop off after that. </font>
    [/quote]

I dont see anyway Dareus and Fairley make it to the end of the 1st. Far too talented.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="heavyhitter"]I think the 1st round/early 2nd, you will see a ton of 3-4 DE's get drafted but there seems to be a drop off after that.
    [/quote]

I dont see anyway Dareus and Fairley make it to the end of the 1st. Far too talented.[/quote]<font size="3">Neither do I, what are you talking about?? Both of those two guys are top 10 overall picks and I stated that earlier.</font>

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Marcel Dareus is playing out of his mind so far in this game.[/quote]

Fairley on Auburn is playing great too.[/quote]<font size="3">I can see both Fairley and Dareus as top 10 overall picks. </font>
    [/quote]THIS

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]There really is a little bit of everything but what surprises ne is the top quality guys that are athletic enough to play the pass[/quote]

Yea, those guys that are 6'2 ~230-240 pounds and have sideline to sideline speed. Something that was difficult to find last year in the draft.

Last year you had a ton of 3-4 guys, 245+ pounds that ran 4.6+ 40s.

And the guys who ran the sub 4.6 40s were under 230 pounds.

Weatherspoon was really the only guy in the first couple rounds who fit the bill, but he had a huge mouth, something the giants have stayed away from in the draft.

It depends on how many underclassmen declare, but in the first 3 rounds there should be at least 10 guys who fit into what the giants look for. And with that kind of depth, guys are going to fall. If Sturdivant falls to lets say the 3rd or even 4th round, how could you pass him up?

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Anyone else have some questions on Newtons pro game after watching that first half yesterday</p>[/quote]<font size="3">I actually think if Luck doesn't declare, Newton has got a good chance at being the first QB selected over Ryan Mallett. How Newton will translate into the pro's is another story. I think every QB going into the draft has question marks but Luck is by far the safest pick.</font>

[quote user="heavyhitter"]I actually think if Luck doesn't declare, Newton has got a good chance at being the first QB selected over Ryan Mallett. [/quote]

Possibly, I dont really expect both Mallett and Newton to declare though. But you never know.

I do think Newton has a legitimate shot to go in the top 10. Especially after nonsense like Tebow going in the first.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]There really is a little bit of everything but what surprises ne is the top quality guys that are athletic enough to play the pass[/quote] Yea, those guys that are 6'2 ~230-240 pounds and have sideline to sideline speed. Something that was difficult to find last year in the draft. Last year you had a ton of 3-4 guys, 245+ pounds that ran 4.6+ 40s. And the guys who ran the sub 4.6 40s were under 230 pounds. Weatherspoon was really the only guy in the first couple rounds who fit the bill, but he had a huge mouth, something the giants have stayed away from in the draft. It depends on how many underclassmen declare, but in the first 3 rounds there should be at least 10 guys who fit into what the giants look for. And with that kind of depth, guys are going to fall. If Sturdivant falls to lets say the 3rd or even 4th round, how could you pass him up?[/quote]Yeah I was hoping Sturdivant was going to declare last year and the Giants would snag him.I actually liked him more then Sean Weatherspoon. The character stuff though might drop him

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Yeah I was hoping Sturdivant was going to declare last year and the Giants would snag him.I actually liked him more then Sean Weatherspoon. The character stuff though might drop him[/quote]

Yea, the drug posession and hes been injured most of the year. He was my favorite ILB going into this year. I feel like hes a huge value 3rd round or later.

+ Reply to Thread