[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="slipknottin"]Athleticism, toughness, and instincts are the three most important parts. Mental toughness in both the ability to play through injuries, and the attitude to work hard on and off the field. Polish and proper technique are overrated. Every single team would chose the more athletic guy over the less athletic more polished guy assuming all else is equal[/quote]I dont think its over rated I just think coaches believe that they can teach technique. I think teams draft athletes way more on defense then offense though[/quote] All i know, is the best team in football, has 7th rd draft pick Tom Brady throwing to undrafted Wes Welker and Danny Woodhead, and Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis toating the rock... Also, Deion branch isn't exactly a Physical Specimen...lol A very good player on that defense, Gary Guyton, also i believe undrafted, or at least late late rd... I believe that u first and fore most must be a productive college player, as u don't want those athletic players that "COULD" end up being stellar.. I think the combine is just one step, and when teams use it to much, is when trouble starts.. I love the way the Patriots draft, and the type of players they bring along, its really, the right way, in my opinion...