+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 562 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

My favorite safety in this class is florida'sahmad black. he's 100x better than major wright coming out. he hits hard, hasleadership skills, is aball hawk, hasgood instincts, very physical, very good blitzer, and extremely athletic. The only thing thats probably keeping him from getting more attention is his size (5'9) which utterly sucks.

I also like the sooners' safeties too. Both jonathan nelson and quinton carter. i think carter is more of a playmaker tho. There are some really talented safeties in this draft class

[quote user="Neverend"]

My favorite safety in this class is florida'sahmad black. he's 100x better than major wright coming out. he hits hard, hasleadership skills, is aball hawk, hasgood instincts, very physical, very good blitzer, and extremely athletic. The only thing thats probably keeping him from getting more attention is his size (5'9) which utterly sucks.

I also like the sooners' safeties too. Both jonathan nelson and quinton carter. i think carter is more of a playmaker tho. There are some really talented safeties in this draft class

[/quote] i love black, and somewhere in these draft threads, you'll see me rave about him.. I know hes not that big, but hes a huge hitter with good instincts and above solid speed.. As i said with jenkins, i look forward to seeing his vertical, those Florida DB's got serious Up's!

Ok, after beating the Vikings down, we now are picking 25th overall, if the season ended today and there was no playoffs... As i have been doing, heres my Weekly mock based on whereever we would be picking as of now..... I have no life....lol

1. Bruce Carter lb UNC- i think travis lewis is gone at this point, and b.carter is big upside..

2.Johnny Patrick CB Louisville- a Reese type pick.. Huge production and all the right measurables and a leader.. This guys gonna be a sound NFL football player, most definetly.. if you haven't gotten a chance to watch him, u better tune into louisvilles bowl game, i believe hes one of the safest bets in this yrs draft outside of RD 1 guys...

3. Jake Kirkpatrick TCU- mauling, good technician from winning program...

4. Joe Lefeged SS RU- this guy will be a beast on ST's, and will certainly fill in the role of D.Grant in time, and hits very hard with exceptional instincts and nose for the football..

6. Weslye Saunders TE S.Car- if hes on the board this late, u don't hesitate.. To much upside here, at a positon where we could use help if KB leaves.. A exceptional blocker with ever improving recieving skills...

7. Terrell McClain DT S.Fla- more of a finese DT, even though hes got solid size, but has some promise, at a positon we could use some help.. Obviously, he knows one person on the team all ready..lol

Wade Phillips and Dan Reeves will coach the shrine bowl

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Ok, after beating the Vikings down, we now are picking 25th overall, if the season ended today and there was no playoffs... As i have been doing, heres my Weekly mock based on whereever we would be picking as of now..... I have no life....lol

1. Bruce Carter lb UNC- i think travis lewis is gone at this point, and b.carter is big upside..

2.Johnny Patrick CB Louisville- a Reese type pick.. Huge production and all the right measurables and a leader.. This guys gonna be a sound NFL football player, most definetly.. if you haven't gotten a chance to watch him, u better tune into louisvilles bowl game, i believe hes one of the safest bets in this yrs draft outside of RD 1 guys...

4. Joe Lefeged SS RU- this guy will be a beast on ST's, and will certainly fill in the role of D.Grant in time, and hits very hard with exceptional instincts and nose for the football..

6. Weslye Saunders TE S.Car- if hes on the board this late, u don't hesitate.. To much upside here, at a positon where we could use help if KB leaves.. A exceptional blocker with ever improving recieving skills...

7. Terrell McClain DT S.Fla- more of a finese DT, even though hes got solid size, but has some promise, at a positon we could use some help.. Obviously, he knows one person on the team all ready..lol
    [/quote]

I think they'll be better CB talent in the 2nd.... And didnt Weslye Saunders get kicked off the team?

Veteran

If one of our starting CBs go down, will anyone here feel comfortable?

I was wondering if any of you guys have any opinions as to which CB will be availble picks 23-31....I really think a CB is as valuble if not more valuble then OLB

Yeah I like corner too but I don't think we should pick a CB just to pick a CB, they have to be talented. If a great cover guy falls then I'm not hesitating. Tho I'm not a fan of Aaron Williams or Dowling.

I think there is some talent at LB in the later rounds. Casey Matthews is still currently my favorite LB in the draft. Cant wait to watch him against auburn in a few weeks. Mayock and all the scouts are going to rave about this guy during draft time and his stock will rise like crazy.

[quote user="myles2424"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Ok, after beating the Vikings down, we now are picking 25th overall, if the season ended today and there was no playoffs... As i have been doing, heres my Weekly mock based on whereever we would be picking as of now..... I have no life....lol

[/quote]

I think they'll be better CB talent in the 2nd.... And didnt Weslye Saunders get kicked off the team?

[/quote] Johnny Patrick is one of the better Corners in the country, thats why your slowly seeing his Draft Grades moving up toward and into 2nd rd... THe guys got good speed, and good size, and has had a really good career, culminating with a 47tckl 5.5TFL 1sack 5INT 11pass broken up SR season... Kids exactly what the giants seem to like in there CB's, and if he runs a Good Solid 40 time at the combine, the Expierenced Corner is going most likely RD 2 in my opinion, no later then first half of RD 3...

As for Saunders, ya he got dismissed from S.CAR, thats why i got em in RD 6, hoping that he drops... If he didn't, the kid would be in the Kyle Rudolph and Dj Williams area of the draft, most likely... WIth it being such a weak crop of TE's this yr, i figure u wait, and take a big upside in Saunders late and hope he pans out... He can block something fierce and his hands were ever improving...

EPIC COLLAPSE MOCK

1. Travis Lewis OLB Oklahoma- Giants miss playoffs but get the 19th pick and nab Lewis

2. Noel Devine RB West Virgina- Im convinced the Giants offense needs more speed they never get an easy score. Noel Devine will change that.

3. Devon House New Mexico State- A little smaller then the usual Giant corner but hey everyone is fired in this scenario so a new philosophy is in place

4. Titus Young WR Boise St- More speed a guy thats shifty in the open field

6. Tyrod Taylor QB VT- Am i putting this here because of what I just saw probably but who cares he run the wildcat and with new coordinators we will see some different looks

7.Jeremile Hines S Ohio State- An Athletic safety to battle MJ for the last safety roster spot

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

EPIC COLLAPSE MOCK

1. Travis Lewis OLB Oklahoma- Giants miss playoffs but get the 19th pick and nab Lewis

2. Noel Devine RB West Virgina- Im convinced the Giants offense needs more speed they never get an easy score. Noel Devine will change that.

3. Devon House New Mexico State- A little smaller then the usual Giant corner but hey everyone is fired in this scenario so a new philosophy is in place

4. Titus Young WR Boise St- More speed a guy thats shifty in the open field

6. Tyrod Taylor QB VT- Am i putting this here because of what I just saw probably but who cares he run the wildcat and with new coordinators we will see some different looks

7.Jeremile Hines S Ohio State- An Athletic safety to battle MJ for the last safety roster spot

[/quote] nice! Heres my epic fail draft..

1. Travis Lewis LB OU

2. Jerrell Jerrnigan Wr/Kr/Rb Troy- this kids speed! He is a do all weapon with good sized hands for his size, and would be a force in return game...

3. Ahmad Black SS Fla- i know hes smallish, but he hits! hes also somewhat of a ballhawk, and he gives great effort and has solid speed, which we lack in the Secondary.. I think a future trio of KP, Rolle and Black gives us all sorts of strengths in the safety area...

4. KJ Wright SLB Miss st- a football player! Plain and simple, this kids a player that will make it in the NFL, as a solid, do everything the right way, strong, physical LB.. I love this kid...

6. Kevin Kowalski C Toledo- We wait, but still get a Center who can maul and plays with nice Technique and has decent size....

7. Lee Smith TE Marshall- Good Sized TE, that has good hands, but don't score as much as u would like.. But, he can block and could be a Kevin Boss type find late in the draft.. If nothing else, he could help the run game....

+ Reply to Thread