+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 562 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

Justin Boren caught that lol I wonder if that was his first catch at Ohio state

Ohhh Loves footwork was bad there he tripped over himself and gave Heyward a free run at Mallet. To bad he was having a great game up till then. Love does have some technique problems but with how they use there lineman to me its almost understandable. I think when he gets to the NFL and gets to stay put in a spot it will improve

Love got owned on that sack

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="ny06"]

Need some opinions.

You guy's seem to know your stuff about college.

To save me sometime looking it up, tell me about this player Demarco Murray.

I responded to another thread and a poster put a link of some of his highlights.

Guy is ****ing Great lol

[/quote]

I really like Murray I think he is exactly the kind of RB the Giants need but unless they get rid of Bradshaw or Jacobs he wont be drafted by the Giants. He is a perfect back for a 2 RB system and would make an awesome 3rd down back. He would give the Giants a RB that could motion out into the slot and catch the football , catch a screen pass, a dimension this team has lacked since Ward left. He is the best receiving RB in this draft .I think if people werent worried about his durability he would probably be a first round pick because he has that kind of talent. I think he was over used this year by the Sooners I think he is better in a 200-225 carry role and maybe catch 40-50 balls

[/quote]

I agree with your assessment of Murray as a better versatility back than a feature back.

But, isnt that exactly what we need? Thats why I like him for us. Aside from perhaps Lamichael James, Murrey is the best recieving back in College right now. Last year, it was known how much the Giants likes Spiller in the draft and I think Murray is a similar type back in that he brings similar versatility.

Everyone likes to point out that Eli hasnt been the same since Plax left, but really Eli hasnt been the same since we lost a viable recieving threat in the backfield. Having a guy in the backfield that linebackers cannot cover consistently opens the door for TEs and the running game. Making defenses choose who they want their best cover guys on is the key. If they put more cover guys in to compensate for the versatility of a back, then it opens the door for the power running game.

Lastly, I would argue that above all Reese has always valued production. And Murray is the most productive offensive player in Oklahoma's storied history.

If they feel the tire treads arent worn from his work in college, I see him as a very good fit here in NY.

oh ya, 1 more thing that makes him a good fit here. In ALL his college touches(almost 1000), both rushing and recieving, he has ZERO fumbles.

[quote user="thegreatone"]Love got owned on that sack[/quote]His footwork was bad , he got tripped up.

Dont see how thats a safety. The forward progress should of had him at the 2

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="ny06"]

Need some opinions.

I responded to another thread and a poster put a link of some of his highlights.

Guy is ****ing Great lol*

[/quote]

I really like Murray I think he is exactly the kind of RB the Giants need but unless they get rid of Bradshaw or Jacobs he wont be drafted by the Giants. He is a perfect back for a 2 RB system and would make an awesome 3rd down back. He would give the Giants a RB that could motion out into the slot and catch the football , catch a screen pass, a dimension this team has lacked since Ward left. He is* the best receiving RB in this draft .I think if people werent worried about his durability he would probably be a first round pick because he has that kind of talent. I think he was over used this year by the Sooners I think he is better in a 200-225 carry role and maybe catch 40-50 balls

[/quote]if that's what ur lookin for I'd rather have devine

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="thegreatone"]Love got owned on that sack[/quote]His footwork was bad , he got tripped up.

Dont see how thats a safety. The forward progress should of had him at the 2

[/quote]Yeah that was a weird play

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="ny06"]

Need some opinions.

Guy is ****ing Great lol

[/quote]

I really like Murray I think he is exactly the kind of RB the Giants need but unless they get rid of Bradshaw or Jacobs he wont be drafted by the Giants. He is a perfect back for a 2 RB system and would make an awesome 3rd down back. He would give the Giants a RB that could motion out into the slot and catch the football , catch a screen pass, a dimension this team has lacked since Ward left. He is the best receiving RB in this draft .I think if people werent worried about his durability he would probably be a first round pick because he has that kind of talent. I think he was over used this year by the Sooners I think he is better in a 200-225 carry role and maybe catch 40-50 balls

[/quote]

I agree with your assessment of Murray as a better versatility back than a feature back.

But, isnt that exactly what we need? Thats why I like him for us. Aside from perhaps Lamichael James, Murrey is the best recieving back in College right now. Last year, it was known how much the Giants likes Spiller in the draft and I think Murray is a similar type back in that he brings similar versatility.

Everyone likes to point out that Eli hasnt been the same since Plax left, but really Eli hasnt been the same since we lost a viable recieving threat in the backfield. Having a guy in the backfield that linebackers cannot cover consistently opens the door for TEs and the running game. Making defenses choose who they want their best cover guys on is the key. If they put more cover guys in to compensate for the versatility of a back, then it opens the door for the power running game.

Lastly, I would argue that above all Reese has always valued production. And Murray is the most productive offensive player in Oklahoma's storied history.

If they feel the tire treads arent worn from his work in college, I see him as a very good fit here in NY.

[/quote]

I agree I like him a lot and anyone that remembers my posts from the 2010 draft he was a guy I spoke of very often. The Giants tried to draft a receiving RB with Brown in 09but he got hurt. I thought they may try again in the 10 draft but I think they wanted to give Brown another shot. I personally believe the Giants will come away with a 3rd down back. Im just not sure in what round they will draft one.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="ny06"]

Need some opinions.

Guy is ****ing Great lol

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree I like him a lot and anyone that remembers my posts from the 2010 draft he was a guy I spoke of very often. The Giants tried to draft a receiving RB with Brown in 09but he got hurt. I thought they may try again in the 10 draft but I think they wanted to give Brown another shot. I personally believe the Giants will come away with a 3rd down back. Im just not sure in what round they will draft one.

[/quote]

Yep, the the thing I think makes him a perfect fit for us more than anything is in all those touches, almost 1000 if you count both receptions and rushes, he has not 1 single fumble....... truly amazing. 63 Tds and zero fumbles........his greatest accomplishment imho.

Omg these ark wrs suuuuck! Tell ya what I want this ark punter!

+ Reply to Thread