+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 562 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

Wooooow!

Damn Ryan. Freakin osu in his face ALL day

That's crazy the ark player shoulda pick up that blocked punt. Nobody around him

Bench Player

Give me your opinion on these guys who I like as prospects but I've only seen play on rare occasions:

Tank Carder- OLB TCU
    only really watched him in the Rose Bowl, was definitely impressed though, big talent at a big need for the Giants

Jacquizz Rogers- RB Oregon St
    watched him in the Civil War, reminded me a bit of Bradshaw with his tough running yet small stature. He seemed to have great agility and relative power, but a little less breakaway speed than one would like. Like I said I only watched him a couple of times so I could be wrong but...sleeper?

Gabe Carimi- OT Wisc
    Gotta love that Wisconsin line, Carimi is an all-american senior who looked pretty solid during the Rose Bowl.

I play high-school football, so my Saturdays were too busy to watch as much college as I would of liked b/c I had a game of my own to play. Anyway, these are three prospects that really intrigue me and I was wondering what you guys think the potential draft status of each is. Sleeper? Bust? Future Giant?

Sorry if these guys have been discussed already, I didn't want to read through all 60 pages to check...

[quote user="hevans24"]Give me your opinion on these guys who I like as prospects but I've only seen play on rare occasions: Tank Carder- OLB TCU only really watched him in the Rose Bowl, was definitely impressed though, big talent at a big need for the Giants Jacquizz Rogers- RB Oregon St watched him in the Civil War, reminded me a bit of Bradshaw with his tough running yet small stature. He seemed to have great agility and relative power, but a little less breakaway speed than one would like. Like I said I only watched him a couple of times so I could be wrong but...sleeper? Gabe Carimi- OT Wisc Gotta love that Wisconsin line, Carimi is an all-american senior who looked pretty solid during the Rose Bowl. I play high-school football, so my Saturdays were too busy to watch as much college as I would of liked b/c I had a game of my own to play. Anyway, these are three prospects that really intrigue me and I was wondering what you guys think the potential draft status of each is. Sleeper? Bust? Future Giant? Sorry if these guys have been discussed already, I didn't want to read through all 60 pages to check...[/quote]I thought Jacquiz Rodgers was staying in school.He is a pretty good player. He is very agile. Has excellent visioncuts back and finds a place to run. He is a very solid receiver. U can motion him out wide or set him out of the slot and he will make a play. I dont see him as powerful as some do. Most of his successful inside runs are more from him slashing around trying to get outside. Much more of a outside the tackle runner. Not that he cant be successful trying to pick up a 3rd and 1. His size makes it so he is hard to pick up behind the line and he can wiggle his way through. I dont just dontsee him as a guy U can pound in between the tackles 20 times a game.Could be a primary back ona pass heavy team butto me is more of asplit carry type guy.I think pairing him with a hard nose in between the tackles runner U would have a devasting combo. Oregon State uses a lot of long developing run plays to try to get him on the outside of the tackles and thats where he is most suited.

Tank Carder is getting a lot of hype after the Rose Bowl.Some people only watch one game a year and if this was the only one I saw i would probably think he was a pro bowler 2.That wasby far thebest game Ive ever seen him play .My opinion he should stay in school. I dont have a top 2 round grade on him myself . I dont think he is as good as a prospect as Daryl Washington was last year. However there is no clear cut bestILB and with Travis Lewis returning , Martiz Wilson and Manti Teo , being draft eligible next year maybe striking while the Iron is hot is not such a bad idea. Ive always thought Carder was a solid player "Mid round prospect type" and depending on where he would be drafted by the Giants I wouldnt dislike the pick

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Demarcus Love is Mauling everyone he is up against.[/quote]

Hes mauling the little guys. Clayborn was giving him a lot of trouble.

That he is having issues pass blocking a 5 tech... not a good sign at all.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Demarcus Love is Mauling everyone he is up against.[/quote] Hes mauling the little guys. Clayborn was giving him a lot of trouble. That he is having issues pass blocking a 5 tech... not a good sign at all.[/quote]None of these OT's really do it for me completly.Derrick Sherrod is my favorite of them all but I dont think the Giants will get the oppurtunity to pick him.I do have Questions if Love can be a LT. If the Giants are going for strictly a guy for that spot well then he probably isnt the best candidate. I think he projects well at RT or LG and maybe LT. I think his flexibility is the best part of him. Technique wise he is shaky but he hasquickness for his bulk and he hasnt really got to settle into to just one spot to perfect everything. I admit with him your taking a bit of a leap of faith if you want a LT. If your cool with landing a starting lineman thoughI think he is a very good pick. To me all of these guys arent really perfect I see a bunch of guys that look like good RT's but not a lot that look like Left ones.

Did U by any chance catch the TCU - Wisconsin game and if so what did U think of Wisconsin center Peter Konz I thought he looked really good. He may take over at LT next season.

[quote user="thegreatone"]That's crazy the ark player shoulda pick up that blocked punt. Nobody around him[/quote] i coulden't believe it.. I bet on ARK last night, and they were getting 3 and god did they blow some chances to at least cover, let alone win... Some horrible dropped pass's inculding the one on the drive before the blocked punt, on 3rd down that gets them in FG range at least.. But my god, on that block punt, u gotta try and pick it up, because even if Oh St did jump on it(there was no oh st player within 10yrd), it still would've been ARK ball.. Then u got the fumble recovered TD for DANE for a TD, that was crazy, seeing ARK not get.... So many opp's blown by ARK, they lost that game, more then Oh St won it..

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"]That's crazy the ark player shoulda pick up that blocked punt. Nobody around him[/quote] i coulden't believe it.. I bet on ARK last night, and they were getting 3 and god did they blow some chances to at least cover, let alone win... Some horrible dropped pass's inculding the one on the drive before the blocked punt, on 3rd down that gets them in FG range at least.. But my god, on that block punt, u gotta try and pick it up, because even if Oh St did jump on it(there was no oh st player within 10yrd), it still would've been ARK ball.. Then u got the fumble recovered TD for DANE for a TD, that was crazy, seeing ARK not get.... So many opp's blown by ARK, they lost that game, more then Oh St won it..
    [/quote]yeah waaay to many missed opportunities. feel really bad for ryan cause he played a GREAT game. He had a guy in his face all night and was still playing well. this could be a very good QB class if these jrs start declaring.

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"]That's crazy the ark player shoulda pick up that blocked punt. Nobody around him[/quote] i coulden't believe it.. I bet on ARK last night, and they were getting 3 and god did they blow some chances to at least cover, let alone win... Some horrible dropped pass's inculding the one on the drive before the blocked punt, on 3rd down that gets them in FG range at least.. But my god, on that block punt, u gotta try and pick it up, because even if Oh St did jump on it(there was no oh st player within 10yrd), it still would've been ARK ball.. Then u got the fumble recovered TD for DANE for a TD, that was crazy, seeing ARK not get.... So many opp's blown by ARK, they lost that game, more then Oh St won it..
    [/quote]yeah waaay to many missed opportunities. feel really bad for ryan cause he played a GREAT game. He had a guy in his face all night and was still playing well. this could be a very good QB class if these jrs start declaring.
    [/quote] the only thing about mallett i don't like is how incredible stiff he is.. I realize he isn't mobile, but with that little added hitch to his release, hes gotta be at least a tad speedier in escaping or stepping around pressure, hes Drew Bledsoe type not mobile..lol When given time, hes insane though, those back shoulder throws, were crazy he was making, i freaking hate that little hitch in his delivery though..

+ Reply to Thread