+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 562 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]i think hes a 2nd rder, because as it turns out, the LB crop isn't what we thought it was gonna be coming into this season... So, i think people will jump on the top guys at the positon alittle earlier, putting Foster in RD 2...
    [/quote]

its possible, i think alot depends on the combine. still have guys like Bruce Carter that are complete unknowns where they get drafted.[/quote]i think my boy bruce is gonna rip it up. just hope we get him in the 2nd over foster.

Veteran

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]i think hes a 2nd rder, because as it turns out, the LB crop isn't what we thought it was gonna be coming into this season... So, i think people will jump on the top guys at the positon alittle earlier, putting Foster in RD 2...
    [/quote]

its possible, i think alot depends on the combine. still have guys like Bruce Carter that are complete unknowns where they get drafted.[/quote]i think my boy bruce is gonna rip it up. just hope we get him in the 2nd over foster.
    [/quote]

I didn't think Carter would be healthy enough to do anything at the combine (which was supposed to be what catapulted him into the 1st round).

I still think the Giants should trade back, grab BPA in the late twenties (I'd like either Carimi or LeShoure) and then grab 2 linebackers and a corner in rounds 2-3.

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]i think hes a 2nd rder, because as it turns out, the LB crop isn't what we thought it was gonna be coming into this season... So, i think people will jump on the top guys at the positon alittle earlier, putting Foster in RD 2...
    [/quote] its possible, i think alot depends on the combine. still have guys like Bruce Carter that are complete unknowns where they get drafted.[/quote]i think my boy bruce is gonna rip it up. just hope we get him in the 2nd over foster.
    [/quote] He had the most potential but his injury is serious. If he no longer has the foot speed to stay with TE's, RB's and even slot receivers in man his value goes down significantly.He was so attractive because heoffered so much versatility in pass coverageon a frame to add bulk.His upside was tremendous. His ceiling was having him be a 245 pound safety that runs a 4.5 . With athleticism like that the coverage versatility, the zone blitzes U could run. His athleticism makes U overlook some of his flaws. With that diminished U arent looking over his flaws and what are U really left with. Someone will roll the dice though and it wouldnt shock me to see the Eagles be the ones to do it.I think Philly is going to get one of those NC linebackers I just have this gut feeling

yeah bruce carter with his acl is a risk. plus, similar to akeem ayers, he lacks instincts in his game. Sometimes too aggressive and other times he's too tentative for my liking. But his physical measurables are extremely rare at his position and very much hard to ignore. But will his surgery limit his ability and take away his explosiveness? Maybe.

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]i think hes a 2nd rder, because as it turns out, the LB crop isn't what we thought it was gonna be coming into this season... So, i think people will jump on the top guys at the positon alittle earlier, putting Foster in RD 2...
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I didn't think Carter would be healthy enough to do anything at the combine (which was supposed to be what catapulted him into the 1st round).

I still think the Giants should trade back, grab BPA in the late twenties (I'd like either Carimi or LeShoure) and then grab 2 linebackers and a corner in rounds 2-3.
    [/quote]
    i thought he was gonna be able to compete in the prodays, just read an article that said otherwise. if the eagle get him or quan i will flip. that'll be 2 years in a row they take a lb'r i highly covet(jamar chaney). its unfair to say he will loose a step. some players can come back and look like it never happened. some actually work themselves into BETTER shape (rare), and then some loose it. have to wait and see but id definately roll the dice and i agree 100% on the trade back scenario.

Whatta you guys think of Greg Jones from Mich St?? He's played MIKE and SAM his whole college career so the transition should go smoothly.... AND he's been drawing comparisons to Sean Weatherspoon from last year so I know some of you guys will be getting raging hard-on's for him now, LOL

here's a lil something I found about him from cbssports.com

Overview

After originally committing to Minnesota, Jones decided to go to East
    Lansing instead because of the Spartans' more recent success and a
    shorter drive for his parents from Cincinnati. The Spartans have enjoyed
    having the relatively unheralded Ohio product in their defensive huddle
    -- as a player and leader -- since he arrived on campus.

Several outlets named Jones a freshman All-American. He led the
    team in tackles (for the first of three straight years) with seven
    starts in 13 games from the strong-side linebacker spot. He also led Big
    Ten freshmen in that category with 78, accumulating 8.5 tackles for
    loss and 4.5 sacks. The league's coaches awarded him first-team
    all-conference honors as a sophomore when he made 127 tackles (80 solo),
    14 for loss and two sacks while starting at both SAM (eight games) and
    MIKE (five). In 2009, Jones was a consensus All-American and named the
    Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year by the league media with 154
    tackles (67 solo), 13.5 for loss and 6.5 sacks.

A similar prospect to former Missouri linebacker and 2010
    first-round pick Sean Weatherspoon, Jones doesn't wow scouts with his
    size (he hopes to weigh in at 240 pounds before the draft next April).
    But his production, leadership and speed in the middle may help NFL
    teams overlook his lack of height and slight frame. He is a likely
    starter in whatever defensive system he is asked to play, though some
    teams might choose to move him back outside with the hope he could be a
    pass-rushing force and factor in coverage at the next level.

Analysis

Read & React: Very instinctual player, which is why he can play
    the middle with an average frame. Might take a false step on bootlegs
    and misdirection but reacts and accelerates quickly enough to prevent
    big plays. Sees the ball so well inside that linemen must get more than a
    hand on him to negate his playmaking ability.

Run defense: A bit smaller than teams prefer as an in-the-box
    presence, yet very effective as a run defender. Flows to the ball and
    reads his keys well, at times moving towards the play side before the
    snap. Picks his way through traffic on most plays but gets caught up in
    trash and engulfed by offensive linemen at times due to his small frame.
    Plays with leverage, however, against blocks to hold his ground or
    bounce off to chase plays down the field. Stays low to the ground to
    defeat cut blocks with his hands. Also uses his hands or a swim move to
    avoid approaching linemen, albeit consistently. Is a bit aggressive in
    his angles; quicker backs can beat him to the corner on occasion.

Pass defense: Fluid pass defender in space, owns the hips and
    athleticism to stay with running backs out of the backfield. Keeps
    athletic position when greeting backs in the hole, reads and reacts
    quickly to out routes or square-ins. Will take a step in on play action
    and overrun routes, but recovers well enough to make a play on the ball.
    Faces match-up problems against taller, stronger tight ends over the
    middle. Has not intercepted a pass or knocked away many passes.

Tackling: Excellent pursuit tackler. Excels as a drag-down
    tackler in traffic or in space, but can be explosive as well when lined
    up. Goes sideline-to-sideline, giving great effort to chase down fast
    ballcarriers in order to prevent touchdowns. A bit undersized to stop
    larger running backs and tight ends in their tracks, but plays with a
    low center of gravity to hold them up until help arrives. Typically
    flows well to the ball but will overrun plays occasionally because of
    his aggressive style. Inconsistent getting off linemen blocks inside but
    defeats those from most tight ends on the edge. Could be an exceptional
    special teams coverage unit performer.

Pass Rush/Blitz: Effective blitzer because of his ability to
    anticipate the snap count, read gaps and explode through them. Uses
    hands to defeat pulling guards and fullbacks in the hole. Plays with
    leverage, gets under the shoulder of guards to beat them inside when the
    space is available. Has speed to turn the corner when blitzing from
    outside. Hustles toward the ball until it is away. Good change of
    direction to track down mobile quarterbacks in the pocket or chase them
    down outside of it. His lack of size allows linemen to latch on if they
    get a hand on him, though he still sometimes manages to get a hand on
    backs coming through the vacated hole while engaged.

Intangibles: Considered the team's greatest playmaker and leader
    on defense, as well as a solid young man. Voted co-captain by coaches
    and teammates. Gives full effort in weight room and on the practice
    field. Mentors and commands respect from younger players. Durable
    performer who hasn't missed a game in three years despite mixing it up
    in the box for half of those games.

Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I've been saying this for awhile now... Seems like the perfect 4/3 SLB, and especially for us, because it would give us a LB that is very active and not one dimensional....[/quote] my question with foster is where does he go in the draft, is he a 2nd round pick? is he a late 3rd rounder?[/quote] i think hes a 2nd rder, because as it turns out, the LB crop isn't what we thought it was gonna be coming into this season... So, i think people will jump on the top guys at the positon alittle earlier, putting Foster in RD 2...
    [/quote] I think as long as he doesnt completly bomb out at the combine he will be taken in the 2nd round[/quote] agreed...

What do u think of Bilal Powell after the Sr Bowl? U know, i think he was one of the best backs that didn't get the publicity, and i had him as a sleeper back, that was gonna move up as the draft became alittle closer, and i think he started that, by looking solid all wk long in practice and then, looking strong and fast in the game... I think hes in the 3rd-4th range now, and hes still got the combine...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I've been saying this for awhile now... Seems like the perfect 4/3 SLB, and especially for us, because it would give us a LB that is very active and not one dimensional....[/quote] my question with foster is where does he go in the draft, is he a 2nd round pick? is he a late 3rd rounder?[/quote] i think hes a 2nd rder, because as it turns out, the LB crop isn't what we thought it was gonna be coming into this season... So, i think people will jump on the top guys at the positon alittle earlier, putting Foster in RD 2...
    [/quote] I think as long as he doesnt completly bomb out at the combine he will be taken in the 2nd round[/quote] agreed...

What do u think of Bilal Powell after the Sr Bowl? U know, i think he was one of the best backs that didn't get the publicity, and i had him as a sleeper back, that was gonna move up as the draft became alittle closer, and i think he started that, by looking solid all wk long in practice and then, looking strong and fast in the game... I think hes in the 3rd-4th range now, and hes still got the combine...
    [/quote]Have to say I liked what I saw. He hit the hole hard and flashed some speed

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]i think hes a 2nd rder, because as it turns out, the LB crop isn't what we thought it was gonna be coming into this season... So, i think people will jump on the top guys at the positon alittle earlier, putting Foster in RD 2...
    [/quote] its possible, i think alot depends on the combine. still have guys like Bruce Carter that are complete unknowns where they get drafted.[/quote]i think my boy bruce is gonna rip it up. just hope we get him in the 2nd over foster.
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    i thought he was gonna be able to compete in the prodays, just read an article that said otherwise. if the eagle get him or quan i will flip. that'll be 2 years in a row they take a lb'r i highly covet(jamar chaney). its unfair to say he will loose a step. some players can come back and look like it never happened. some actually work themselves into BETTER shape (rare), and then some loose it. have to wait and see but id definately roll the dice and i agree 100% on the trade back scenario.
    [/quote]

The Eagles have drafted my favorite collegeplayers a lot lately Nate Allen and Lesean Mccoy were 2 of my favorite players.

[quote user="Kase-1"]Whatta you guys think of Greg Jones from Mich St??*[/quote]

hes undersized and slow. Giants draft triangle guys, height weight speed.

+ Reply to Thread