+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 562 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Kase-1"]Whatta you guys think of Greg Jones from Mich St??[/quote]

hes undersized and slow. Giants draft triangle guys, height weight speed.[/quote]When it comes to LB's it seems like we dont like ANYONE, LOL

But seriously, I think this would be a nice and easy transition to SAM or MIKE considering he's played his college career in a 4-3 at the SAM and MIKE spots, rather than doing a 3-4 switch and seeing another useless Sintim type of LB coming up in our system and getting lost in the mix.

And its funny how undersided and slow has been used to describe some of the best LB prospects coming out these last few years, LOL
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6

[quote user="Kase-1"]But seriously, I think this would be a nice and easy transition to SAM or MIKE considering he's played his college career in a 4-3 at the SAM and MIKE spots, rather than doing a 3-4 switch and seeing another useless Sintim type of LB coming up in our system and getting lost in the mix.[/quote]
    Most linebackers in this draft class played in a 4-3 system. Only a couple (von miller) played in a 3-4.

And its funny how undersided and slow has been used to describe some of the best LB prospects coming out these last few years, LOL
    Like who?

[quote user="slipknottin"]Like who?[/quote]
    Off the top of my head id say Lauranitis, Maualuga, Spikes. All were top prospects, but all labeled 'slow', and maybe they're combine slow but so are many draft picks that have the mysterious 'football speed'
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6

None of them are undersized though.

Veteran

while we're at it, any thoughts on an O-lineman brought up by BBV; Ben Ijalana?
    http://www.bigblueview.com/2011/1/31...nova#storyjump

reports wise, it sounds like he compares well with Carimi.

Personally, I think he could make a good understudy for Kareem McKenzie (yeah, yeah, I know there's no such person as Will Beatty, and the Giants desperately need a left tackle). Right now, I'd love to see them trade back to the late 20's, pick up LeShoure, Ijalana, best 2 linebackers available (that fit Fewel's scheme), and Kirkpatrick in the first 4 rounds.

I'd love to see them grab Davon House, but I think I'd rather Reese stand pat at corner, and grab Cliff Harris next year (provided he comes out). He's a quick play maker in the secondary, and a fantastic return guy (I think he averaged somewhere around 20 yards on punt returns this year?).

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I've been saying this for awhile now... Seems like the perfect 4/3 SLB, and especially for us, because it would give us a LB that is very active and not one dimensional....[/quote] my question with foster is where does he go in the draft, is he a 2nd round pick? is he a late 3rd rounder?[/quote] i think hes a 2nd rder, because as it turns out, the LB crop isn't what we thought it was gonna be coming into this season... So, i think people will jump on the top guys at the positon alittle earlier, putting Foster in RD 2...
    [/quote] I think as long as he doesnt completly bomb out at the combine he will be taken in the 2nd round[/quote] agreed...

What do u think of Bilal Powell after the Sr Bowl? U know, i think he was one of the best backs that didn't get the publicity, and i had him as a sleeper back, that was gonna move up as the draft became alittle closer, and i think he started that, by looking solid all wk long in practice and then, looking strong and fast in the game... I think hes in the 3rd-4th range now, and hes still got the combine...
    [/quote]Have to say I liked what I saw. He hit the hole hard and flashed some speed[/quote]any rb can hit the hole hard it what you do when you get to that 2nd level that determines what kind of back you are and he showed some very poor vision on some of those runs. wasnt impressed with him.

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I've been saying this for awhile now... Seems like the perfect 4/3 SLB, and especially for us, because it would give us a LB that is very active and not one dimensional....[/quote] my question with foster is where does he go in the draft, is he a 2nd round pick? is he a late 3rd rounder?[/quote] i think hes a 2nd rder, because as it turns out, the LB crop isn't what we thought it was gonna be coming into this season... So, i think people will jump on the top guys at the positon alittle earlier, putting Foster in RD 2...
    [/quote] I think as long as he doesnt completly bomb out at the combine he will be taken in the 2nd round[/quote] agreed...

What do u think of Bilal Powell after the Sr Bowl? U know, i think he was one of the best backs that didn't get the publicity, and i had him as a sleeper back, that was gonna move up as the draft became alittle closer, and i think he started that, by looking solid all wk long in practice and then, looking strong and fast in the game... I think hes in the 3rd-4th range now, and hes still got the combine...
    [/quote]Have to say I liked what I saw. He hit the hole hard and flashed some speed[/quote]any rb can hit the hole hard it what you do when you get to that 2nd level that determines what kind of back you are and he showed some very poor vision on some of those runs. wasnt impressed with him.
    [/quote] u weren't impressed with him? He had a great week, and 50yrds on only 10carries is pretty solid, against some of the best players in the country... Not to mention, hes not only strong, but a gamebreaker, who can smash a dude for a 2yrd gain and push em back for a 1st down, or breat it for 80yrds which he did twice this yr and 70plus yrds 3times this yr.. Hes not a huge weapon in the pass game, but certainly adequete, and also gets chunks of yrds in his pass catching opps... The consensus is that he looked great all wk long, and really helped his stock, which isnt anything, compared to the remarkable season he put together... This guys easily one of the best RB's in this draft, that no ones been talking about, and will go before the 4th rd is over, if not before the 4th rd.... Not every rb hits the whole hard, thats the problem with a ton of RB's, hence the whole tip toe at the line chit chat on so many backs... Powell has a nice blend of power and finesse, and speed and i coudlen't dissagree more about his vision.. Then again, i watched a ton of louisville this yr, from betting games, and i seen him do things, i wonder if any back could do.. He had the best run i seen this season against Cincy, and i knew i could find it, check it out about halfway through... also, his vision is extrodianry, he knows exactly where the defenders are gonna be and anticipates when in the open field, and as shown against KU, can simply out run DB's when in the open field, or just explode through them.. Hes got alot going for him..

Bilal Powell midseason highlights[img]sacore:green.gif[/img]

Some interesting tweets from scouts/media during sr bowl week on Bilal Powell, all being incredibly positive... This kids got the goods.....

Bilal Powell's bigweek

Bilal Powell has very likely made himself a decent amount of money
    this week during practice for Saturday's Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala.

The Face has been listed as a "breakout performer"
    by nearly every scout and media member attending practice, and received
    some serious praise from the folks on the NFL Network Thursday night.
    He capped the work week (which is far more important than the game
    itself) by being named the South Team's starting running back for
    tomorrow's game.

He also took part in a very good Q&A with the New York Times.

MW: Your run against Cincinnati was insane…

BP: (A big smile comes across his face as he begins to laugh) Yeah…

MW: …I was watching it last week, and I told a colleague of
    mine that, thus far, it was the best run I’ve seen all year in college
    football. It was up there with Marshawn Lynch’s playoff run against the
    Saints.

BP: Thank you.

MW: When head coach Charlie Strong took the Lousiville job,
    he remembered you from his days recruiting players for the University
    of Florida. It was Strong who decided to make you the featured
    offensive player this year. However, it was former coach Steve
    Kragthorpe who recruited you, and you didn’t have as significant a role
    in the offense during his tenure. Can you tell me the factors behind
    your emergence as a senior?

BP: The No.1 thing was that Coach Strong taught us to compete
    with relentless effort. The things that he had us do in the off-season
    really prepared us for situations that came up in the season. It was
    just a blessing for him to come in and do the things that he had done
    for us as a team. We worked really hard in the off-season and it was
    just something we had missed for the past three years. He instilled in
    us that hard work is relentless effort and you could see the success
    throughout the season.

Powell has received significant praise this week for his physical
    running style, his pass blocking and his pass-catching ability out of
    the backfield. The one thing he's been criticized for is the free and
    loose way he carries the ball.

Other than that, the talk has been almost universally positive.

An assortment of media/scout tweets from the week:

OmarKelly Omar Kelly

There are a couple of players at the Senior Bowl I've taken a liking to and Louisville's Bilal Powell is right at the top.

SKennedyScout Scott Kennedy

Bilal Powell has shown power, blocking, vision, everything to be a top back in this draft

Schottey Michael Schottey

South OL got beat but Bilal Powell planted and got at least 20 yards...he's making money this week

MaxBroncos MaxBroncos

Derrick Locke having better day today, but best South RB is Bilal Powell. He looks awkward, runs upright, but runs hard, gets to hole quick.

jnsanchez Josh Sanchez

No doubt Cal's Cam Jordan. I loved Luke Stocker & Bilal Powell as well - RT @kantwistaye: @jnsanchez most impressive player of the week?

Adam_Lefkoe Adam Lefkoe

Bilal Powell getting some solid love on the NFL Network at senior bowl practice

OmarKelly Omar Kelly

Louisville Bilal Powell is having another nice day today. I'm starting to take a serious liking.

Time is the ultimate test, but as of right now I would have to say
    that Bilal Powell is my favorite Louisville football player of all-time.

"also, his vision is extrodianry, he knows exactly where the defenders are gonna be and anticipates when in the open field"

I agree with everything you said but this. In my opinion he is very explosive and powerful going through the hole but he does it too fast. he doesn't seem like hewants to bother to wait for his blocks to set up and THEN explode through the hole. He reminds me of brandon jacobs but smaller. Similar to jacobs he is very good at pushing through people. A very talented back but he needs to learn how to be slightly more patient, good things will happen you will miss less holes. But I do agree, he is very talented and should get drafted in the first 3 rounds

[quote user="nycsportzfan"] Derrick Locke having better day today, but best South RB is Bilal Powell. He looks awkward, runs upright, but runs hard, gets to hole quick.[/quote]

That soundsalmost exactly like brandon jacobs. powell needs to lower his pads when he's running or he's not going to have a very long nfl career

+ Reply to Thread