+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 562 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I've been saying this for awhile now... Seems like the perfect 4/3 SLB, and especially for us, because it would give us a LB that is very active and not one dimensional....[/quote] my question with foster is where does he go in the draft, is he a 2nd round pick? is he a late 3rd rounder?[/quote] i think hes a 2nd rder, because as it turns out, the LB crop isn't what we thought it was gonna be coming into this season... So, i think people will jump on the top guys at the positon alittle earlier, putting Foster in RD 2...
    [/quote] I think as long as he doesnt completly bomb out at the combine he will be taken in the 2nd round[/quote] agreed...

What do u think of Bilal Powell after the Sr Bowl? U know, i think he was one of the best backs that didn't get the publicity, and i had him as a sleeper back, that was gonna move up as the draft became alittle closer, and i think he started that, by looking solid all wk long in practice and then, looking strong and fast in the game... I think hes in the 3rd-4th range now, and hes still got the combine...
    [/quote]Have to say I liked what I saw. He hit the hole hard and flashed some speed[/quote]any rb can hit the hole hard it what you do when you get to that 2nd level that determines what kind of back you are and he showed some very poor vision on some of those runs. wasnt impressed with him.
    [/quote] u weren't impressed with him? He had a great week, and 50yrds on only 10carries is pretty solid, against some of the best players in the country... Not to mention, hes not only strong, but a gamebreaker, who can smash a dude for a 2yrd gain and push em back for a 1st down, or breat it for 80yrds which he did twice this yr and 70plus yrds 3times this yr.. Hes not a huge weapon in the pass game, but certainly adequete, and also gets chunks of yrds in his pass catching opps... The consensus is that he looked great all wk long, and really helped his stock, which isnt anything, compared to the remarkable season he put together... This guys easily one of the best RB's in this draft, that no ones been talking about, and will go before the 4th rd is over, if not before the 4th rd.... Not every rb hits the whole hard, thats the problem with a ton of RB's, hence the whole tip toe at the line chit chat on so many backs... Powell has a nice blend of power and finesse, and speed and i coudlen't dissagree more about his vision.. Then again, i watched a ton of louisville this yr, from betting games, and i seen him do things, i wonder if any back could do.. He had the best run i seen this season against Cincy, and i knew i could find it, check it out about halfway through... also, his vision is extrodianry, he knows exactly where the defenders are gonna be and anticipates when in the open field, and as shown against KU, can simply out run DB's when in the open field, or just explode through them.. Hes got alot going for him..

<table class="ts"><tbody><tr><td style="padding: 7px 8px 0pt 0pt;" valign="top"><div style="margin-top: -23px; margin-right: 4px; text-align: right;"></div></td><td style="padding: 5px 10px 0pt 0pt;" valign="top">Bilal Powell midseason highlights<button class="vspib"></button>[img]sacore:green.gif[/img]<span></span></td></tr></tbody></table>
    [/quote]i like his power, i like his speed, i dont like his vision. i didnt say every rb hits the whole hard i said ANY rb CAN hit the hole hard, not that difficult (cept for BJ sometimes).i didnt see the finesse just power and it wasnt too impressive. You watched a lot of louisville i saw 0 games from them so i cant say definitely he is not a good hb. just from what i saw in the game and the week i wasnt impressed.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I've been saying this for awhile now... Seems like the perfect 4/3 SLB, and especially for us, because it would give us a LB that is very active and not one dimensional....[/quote] my question with foster is where does he go in the draft, is he a 2nd round pick? is he a late 3rd rounder?[/quote] i think hes a 2nd rder, because as it turns out, the LB crop isn't what we thought it was gonna be coming into this season... So, i think people will jump on the top guys at the positon alittle earlier, putting Foster in RD 2...
    [/quote] I think as long as he doesnt completly bomb out at the combine he will be taken in the 2nd round[/quote] agreed...

What do u think of Bilal Powell after the Sr Bowl? U know, i think he was one of the best backs that didn't get the publicity, and i had him as a sleeper back, that was gonna move up as the draft became alittle closer, and i think he started that, by looking solid all wk long in practice and then, looking strong and fast in the game... I think hes in the 3rd-4th range now, and hes still got the combine...
    [/quote]Have to say I liked what I saw. He hit the hole hard and flashed some speed[/quote]any rb can hit the hole hard it what you do when you get to that 2nd level that determines what kind of back you are and he showed some very poor vision on some of those runs. wasnt impressed with him.
    [/quote] u weren't impressed with him? He had a great week, and 50yrds on only 10carries is pretty solid, against some of the best players in the country... Not to mention, hes not only strong, but a gamebreaker, who can smash a dude for a 2yrd gain and push em back for a 1st down, or breat it for 80yrds which he did twice this yr and 70plus yrds 3times this yr.. Hes not a huge weapon in the pass game, but certainly adequete, and also gets chunks of yrds in his pass catching opps... The consensus is that he looked great all wk long, and really helped his stock, which isnt anything, compared to the remarkable season he put together... This guys easily one of the best RB's in this draft, that no ones been talking about, and will go before the 4th rd is over, if not before the 4th rd.... Not every rb hits the whole hard, thats the problem with a ton of RB's, hence the whole tip toe at the line chit chat on so many backs... Powell has a nice blend of power and finesse, and speed and i coudlen't dissagree more about his vision.. Then again, i watched a ton of louisville this yr, from betting games, and i seen him do things, i wonder if any back could do.. He had the best run i seen this season against Cincy, and i knew i could find it, check it out about halfway through... also, his vision is extrodianry, he knows exactly where the defenders are gonna be and anticipates when in the open field, and as shown against KU, can simply out run DB's when in the open field, or just explode through them.. Hes got alot going for him..

<table class="ts"><tbody><tr><td style="padding: 7px 8px 0pt 0pt;" valign="top"><div style="margin-top: -23px; margin-right: 4px; text-align: right;"></div></td><td style="padding: 5px 10px 0pt 0pt;" valign="top">Bilal Powell midseason highlights<button class="vspib"></button>[img]sacore:green.gif[/img]<span></span></td></tr></tbody></table>
    [/quote]
    highlights showed he is FAST. does have some moves, still question his vision. only one run showed vision and it was the memphis one (albeit impressive). the rest he was hitting the holes (nice holes by the way) hard with little opposition. wish people posted more online in regards to videos. we should start a website called "armchair GM"(TM) and get people to upload vids.

Just watched a video of mason foster. He talked about how hard he is going to work this offseason and talked about how he wants to improve playing with a lower pad level against blockers and adding more pass rushing moves. He also talks about how he watches film of nfl linebackers like chad greenway and ray lewis. I came away floored, this guy looks like he has great intangibles</P>

Mason foster is starting to grow on me, a lot.</P>

[quote user="Neverend"]

Just watched a video of mason foster. He talked about how hard he is going to work this offseason and talked about how he wants to improve playing with a lower pad level against blockers and adding more pass rushing moves. He also talks about how he watches film of nfl linebackers like chad greenway and ray lewis. I came away floored, this guy looks like he has great intangibles</P>

Mason foster is starting to grow on me, a lot.</P>[/quote]U JustMade the 1000th post on this thread

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Neverend"]

Mason foster is starting to grow on me, a lot.</P>

[/quote]U JustMade the 1000th post on this thread[/quote]</P>

no, you did lol</P>

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I've been saying this for awhile now... Seems like the perfect 4/3 SLB, and especially for us, because it would give us a LB that is very active and not one dimensional....[/quote] my question with foster is where does he go in the draft, is he a 2nd round pick? is he a late 3rd rounder?[/quote] i think hes a 2nd rder, because as it turns out, the LB crop isn't what we thought it was gonna be coming into this season... So, i think people will jump on the top guys at the positon alittle earlier, putting Foster in RD 2...

[/quote]
    highlights showed he is FAST. does have some moves, still question his vision. only one run showed vision and it was the memphis one (albeit impressive). the rest he was hitting the holes (nice holes by the way) hard with little opposition. wish people posted more online in regards to videos. we should start a website called "armchair GM"(TM) and get people to upload vids.
    [/quote] how about the run against Cincy? Where he had 3guys on em, and he drove em back untill he spun off em, and was almost in 4th gear instantly and went 85yrds for a td? That was making his own hole, there...lol Those highlights were mainly to show u that play, the others were good, at showing his speed, and that run against memphis, displayed incredible vision, but overall, it was for that crazy run against cincy, that displays his strength and speed combonation.. He also changes direction well, can be a workhorse back, if the team needs that, hes a heck of a back.. I just don't see, where u get, hes got no vision.. Just from watching the Sr Bowl? But, i guess, if so many had to wait untill the SR BOWL to love em, u are entitled to not like em after only the sr bowl, but i just don't get how u don't, when it was clear, he did good all wk long, and that was on top of a amazing season... I guess, we'll definetly have to agree to disagree on him, becasue i again, think hes the best Back outside the top of the heap, hands down...

[quote user="Neverend"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]<span class="tweet-user-name"> </span>Derrick Locke having better day today, but best South RB is Bilal Powell. He looks awkward, runs upright, but runs hard, gets to hole quick.[/quote]</p>

That soundsalmost exactly like brandon jacobs. powell needs to lower his pads when he's running or he's not going to have a very long nfl career</p>[/quote] ya, but i seen em a million times in game action, and i didn't notice any crazy consistent high running style, nothing like the 6ft 4inch brandon jacobs, thats for sure...Either way, hes working with alot, and has a great running style for the nfl, a league that gets further and further away from good tackling, as your not bringing him down, unless you wrap up and make technically sound tackles, or hes just gonna spin off ya or bounce off ya, everytime, hes a very determined runner, with good charachter.. Hes also got nice think legs, not to skinny twigs...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Neverend"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]<SPAN class=tweet-user-name> </SPAN>Derrick Locke having better day today, but best South RB is Bilal Powell. He looks awkward, runs upright, but runs hard, gets to hole quick.[/quote]</P>

That soundsalmost exactly like brandon jacobs. powell needs to lower his pads when he's running or he's not going to have a very long nfl career</P>

[/quote] ya, but i seen em a million times in game action, and i didn't notice any crazy consistent high running style, nothing like the 6ft 4inch brandon jacobs, thats for sure...Either way, hes working with alot, and has a great running style for the nfl, a league that gets further and further away from good tackling, as your not bringing him down, unless you wrap up and make technically sound tackles, or hes just gonna spin off ya or bounce off ya, everytime, hes a very determined runner, with good charachter.. Hes also got nice think legs, not to skinny twigs...
    [/quote]</P>

Yeah his balance is similar to mark ingrams as far as defenders being forced to tackle him picture perfect or he's going to bounce off of you but that's not my point here -- i'm fully acknowleding his talents. </P>

he is just too impatient for many teams to like him. He doesn't seem like he's going to be a good one-cut runner in the nfl because of his impatience at times. On a lot of zone runs (which is practically called half the time by most offenses in the nfl) due to his impatience and inability to let his blockers set up the play, he may miss some open holes in the nfl and potential big plays. And those zone offenses that make a pedigree on one-cut halfbacks are probably not going to draft him or they mayuse him as a short yardage back only. Anyway that's his main flaw in my opinion that he'll need to work on. It's a bad habit that may take some hard coaching, practice, and effort to get rid off but its ultimately correctable. Plus i wouldnt only use his big runs as examples, the other runs count too. All of the great backs in the league are very patient, espsecially chris johnson.</P>

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I've been saying this for awhile now... Seems like the perfect 4/3 SLB, and especially for us, because it would give us a LB that is very active and not one dimensional....[/quote] my question with foster is where does he go in the draft, is he a 2nd round pick? is he a late 3rd rounder?[/quote] i think hes a 2nd rder, because as it turns out, the LB crop isn't what we thought it was gonna be coming into this season... So, i think people will jump on the top guys at the positon alittle earlier, putting Foster in RD 2...

[/quote]
    [/quote] how about the run against Cincy? Where he had 3guys on em, and he drove em back untill he spun off em, and was almost in 4th gear instantly and went 85yrds for a td? That was making his own hole, there...lol Those highlights were mainly to show u that play, the others were good, at showing his speed, and that run against memphis, displayed incredible vision, but overall, it was for that crazy run against cincy, that displays his strength and speed combonation.. He also changes direction well, can be a workhorse back, if the team needs that, hes a heck of a back.. I just don't see, where u get, hes got no vision.. Just from watching the Sr Bowl? But, i guess, if so many had to wait untill the SR BOWL to love em, u are entitled to not like em after only the sr bowl, but i just don't get how u don't, when it was clear, he did good all wk long, and that was on top of a amazing season... I guess, we'll definetly have to agree to disagree on him, becasue i again, think hes the best Back outside the top of the heap, hands down...
    [/quote]
    that was sick as well but has nothing to do with vision. there was one run in particular(SB game) and i cant really remember the specifics but he showed HORRIBLE vision. basically ran right into the guy which was kinda outta his way. like i said i havent been impressed (although that highlight real DID impress) buti havent seen that much of him either. i looked out for him every practice and noticed him once. even my sleeper locke didnt stand out as much as i thought so idk. truthfully i wasnt impressed with any RB SB week except for hunter in the pass drills. i will be watching plus if you love the guy i gotta give him some leeway :P if you can find some more highlight reels that would be awesome. i have looked but they are mostly one run. id like to see more runs like the memphis ones. slip posted a Montague of taiwan jones runs and he had several like that. starting to like that kid.

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I've been saying this for awhile now... Seems like the perfect 4/3 SLB, and especially for us, because it would give us a LB that is very active and not one dimensional....[/quote] my question with foster is where does he go in the draft, is he a 2nd round pick? is he a late 3rd rounder?[/quote] i think hes a 2nd rder, because as it turns out, the LB crop isn't what we thought it was gonna be coming into this season... So, i think people will jump on the top guys at the positon alittle earlier, putting Foster in RD 2...

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    that was sick as well but has nothing to do with vision. there was one run in particular(SB game) and i cant really remember the specifics but he showed HORRIBLE vision. basically ran right into the guy which was kinda outta his way. like i said i havent been impressed (although that highlight real DID impress) buti havent seen that much of him either. i looked out for him every practice and noticed him once. even my sleeper locke didnt stand out as much as i thought so idk. truthfully i wasnt impressed with any RB SB week except for hunter in the pass drills. i will be watching plus if you love the guy i gotta give him some leeway :P if you can find some more highlight reels that would be awesome. i have looked but they are mostly one run. id like to see more runs like the memphis ones. slip posted a Montague of taiwan jones runs and he had several like that. starting to like that kid.
    [/quote] wow, locke showed incredible burst, and i believe helped his stock as well... U gotta understand, guys are gonna run into a guy and make a play now and again, that is bad, like running into a guy that is un called for or something , thats just the way it is... I've seen him a ton, and he really dosen't have a weakness per say, all though neverend brought up him sometiems not waiting for his blocks, and just trying to explode before the play gets going, and i have noticed that from time to time with him during the 4or so games i've seen this season with him... He pretty much had to deal with 8in the box often, as he was the louisville offense, and as he went good, opened things up for Cameron Graham and bellamy and chichester do some damage.... He was a one man wrecking crew in most games he played... My fave game i seen was against Cincy and his game against S.Florida, even though they lost the S.Fla game, because he litteraly was the louisville offense in that game, every TD and pass was set up off him being the workhorse carrying them downfield and the defense needing extra guys in the box to try and contain him...

+ Reply to Thread