+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 562 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

man, Skip Bayless and Chris Broussard really downed the Combine today on First and ten, saying it matters very little to not at all.. Bayless says the combine almost hurts the scouts and GM's more then helps em.. He said, just look at the tapes... Either u can play or u can't... He brought up, the running in shorts in a straight line as one part of the sillyness, becasue u simply don't do anyhting like that in football, and if guys can run fast there, but don't make plays, so what?

I dissagree, that its not important at all, but i actually did think this to a degree all ready, that sometimes the combine does hurt scouts and GM's some, becasue they get away from the most important thing, which is how these guys played on the field..

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]man, Skip Bayless and Chris Broussard really downed the Combine today on First and ten, saying it matters very little to not at all.. Bayless says the combine almost hurts the scouts and GM's more then helps em.. He said, just look at the tapes... Either u can play or u can't... He brought up, the running in shorts in a straight line as one part of the sillyness, becasue u simply don't do anyhting like that in football, and if guys can run fast there, but don't make plays, so what?

I dissagree, that its not important at all, but i actually did think this to a degree all ready, that sometimes the combine does hurt scouts and GM's some, becasue they get away from the most important thing, which is how these guys played on the field..
    [/quote]
    Tape > all.

But the combine does matter. I am willing to bet anything that the combine helps coaches/teams/gms more than it hurts. At least for the good organizations. Sure, it may hurt Al Davis and even the cowboys.

But it has helped a lot of teams and people always forget the good examples of teams and players that were helped by the combine. Most recently, I could refer to Chris Johnson who was not a 1st round selection before his combine made everyone go back to the tape.

I get annoyed with Skip Bayless. He trashes everything and everyone till the subject is someone right in front of his face, then he is super nice.

I would argue that the NFL organizations have control over who gets invited to the combine each year, and the list has been steadily growing despite the number of draft rounds shrinking over the years. I would argue that might indicate the GMs/coaches and teams think its very important.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

This Vid is private but I already had the game transcribed. I will probably be called a loser again for posting it but I hope U guys enjoy it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AcHZgtyOeE

Drake Nevis vs Alabama

[/quote] sensational tape of nevis... I freaking love this kid.. I'd love to somehow come away with him and another player in RD 2... I was reading that Nevis would be a sure fire 1st rder if there wasen't so many teams picking 3/4 toward the end of rd 1, and nevis most likely, strickly going to a 4/3 team... There was one point, we were talking about nevis like we were about fairley.. Nevis is relentless.. I really think someones getting a 1st rd talent in rd 2 with him, unless he actually sneaks into the back end of RD 1, which is possible.. He ate up Bama interior..
    [/quote]

Yeah I cant make SEC videos public on youtube but he was so good in this game I wanted to put it up. Im going to throw one up of Jones vs Peterson as well.

Im watching the Nebraska- Oklahoma game right and a couple things ive noticed. The other Lewis on the team #56 Ronnell Lewis is pretty dam good.They line him up all over and he is very impressive and looks like a solid SOLB prospect. Pierre Allen is adecent late round option for 4-3 teams as a Strongside end. He isnt very flashy but performs his assignments well.He is a very good run defender and forces a lot of plays to the inside. Very good contain defender that certainly helped build the tackle numbers of Suh and Crick by forcing plays back inside. He could carve himself out a role as a niche player in the NFL.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]man, Skip Bayless and Chris Broussard really downed the Combine today on First and ten, saying it matters very little to not at all.. Bayless says the combine almost hurts the scouts and GM's more then helps em.. He said, just look at the tapes... Either u can play or u can't... He brought up, the running in shorts in a straight line as one part of the sillyness, becasue u simply don't do anyhting like that in football, and if guys can run fast there, but don't make plays, so what?

[/quote] I think U can get a good feel of the DB's at the combine. Its my favorite day to watch. Corners dont really wear to much padding as it is. i like watching the Cornerbacks foot work. I think the combine translates the corners skill setpretty well.

[/quote]Your first mistake was listening to Skip Bayless. The guy is an absolute moron.

Speaking of drake nevis and his great burst off the ball to collapse the pocket it turns out marvin austin led all defensive lineman with in the 10-yard split with drake nevis being second. Marvin Austin could be a bigger steal down the road

[quote user="Neverend"]Speaking of drake nevis and his great burst off the ball to collapse the pocket it turns out marvin austin led all defensive lineman with in the 10-yard split with drake nevis being second. Marvin Austin could be a bigger steal down the road[/quote]

No he didn't. Jaball Sheard did going on cbssports' data

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

This Vid is private but I already had the game transcribed. I will probably be called a loser again for posting it but I hope U guys enjoy it

Drake Nevis vs Alabama

[/quote]

Redeyejedi......really appreciate the stuff you post on the college players. As someone who does not really follow college ball all that close till the bowl games start you info is agreat read. Same for Slipknottin and nysportsfan

just wanted to let you know not a loser at all you guys are very well informed posters

Thanks again SEC105

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Drake Nevis vs Alabama

[/quote]

Redeyejedi......really appreciate the stuff you post on the college players. As someone who does not really follow college ball all that close till the bowl games start you info is agreat read. Same for Slipknottin and nysportsfan

just wanted to let you know not a loser at all you guys are very well informed posters

Thanks again SEC105

[/quote]

Glad U enjoy I got a Mo Wilkinson one coming in a little while

[quote user="Neverend"]Speaking of drake nevis and his great burst off the ball to collapse the pocket it turns out marvin austin led all defensive lineman with in the 10-yard split with drake nevis being second. Marvin Austin could be a bigger steal down the road[/quote] ya, if the 10yrd split and combine stats make u a better player, i guess Marvins the better player, if Monster on field play without the charechter concerns is what u want, Drakes your guy... I really don't care about the 10yrd split.. On field play, Drakes a freaking animal.... He destroyed alot of guys going into the NFL... Nevis is explodes when he has a RB or QB in his sights...

+ Reply to Thread