+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 562 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nevada11"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]ya, but he also goes on to say, that Ayers has a Skillset and versatility to play in any scheme..

Lets face it.. The combine dosen't matter, all that much anyways.. None of the guys do what they did at the combine, at there prodays... Just yesterday alone, Brandon Harris had a Worse Vertical, and Jeff Maehl, Derek Sherrod and Kj Wright all ran worse 40's then they did at the combine, and guys like Justin Harper, Mark Ingram ran better 40times, and Damion Berry lost 5or6 lbs since then... The combine, is just one day to these guys, not a definite, what they do on any and all days... Like i said then, u time these guys tommorow, and they'll probably be diffrent times and leaps and all that stuff... It'd be silly to think hes a 3/4 guy based on just the combine... If he plays faster on the feild, and is scheme versatile, and can play in coverege, along with rush the passer and make plays against the run, then he can play in any system....
    [/quote]

at least there is one person out there still alive who supports akeem ayers around here. Akeem Ayers game speed is arguably one of the best out of all the linebackers. So what if he ran slow? He's FLUID whereas Martez Wilson runs fast but is STIFF. A man like martez wilson can run fast in a straight line down a seam with a receiver on a go route, sure. but is he going to cover slants or intermediate routes with as stiff as he is? No. 40 times might be the most overrated drill in the book.

[/quote]the 3 cone drill shows speed and agility and Ayers did poorly in that as well. Wilson was almost a half a sec better U have no idea what your talking about.[/quote]

I have no idea what I'm talking about? Dude, did you read my post at all? I never said akeem ayers was fast in the drills, he was timed slow and was nearly bottom in all of them. But he showed FLUIDITY in some of the drills which I will take 10 times out of 10 over blazing fast speed. Think and re-read posts before you click enter man

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

I was watching the LSU Texas A&M Bowl game again yesterday. I was really impressed with the true freshman Damonte Moore the kid can play. He is going to put up some sack numbers.

Hey did U know that Clay Matthews and Casey matthews cousin plays for Tackle for Texas A &m. RT Jake Matthwes is a true freshman. Cant wait till 3 years from now everyone will be saying to to draft him

[/quote]

LMAO, good one

[quote user="nevada11"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nevada11"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]ya, but he also goes on to say, that Ayers has a Skillset and versatility to play in any scheme..

Lets face it.. The combine dosen't matter, all that much anyways.. None of the guys do what they did at the combine, at there prodays... Just yesterday alone, Brandon Harris had a Worse Vertical, and Jeff Maehl, Derek Sherrod and Kj Wright all ran worse 40's then they did at the combine, and guys like Justin Harper, Mark Ingram ran better 40times, and Damion Berry lost 5or6 lbs since then... The combine, is just one day to these guys, not a definite, what they do on any and all days... Like i said then, u time these guys tommorow, and they'll probably be diffrent times and leaps and all that stuff... It'd be silly to think hes a 3/4 guy based on just the combine... If he plays faster on the feild, and is scheme versatile, and can play in coverege, along with rush the passer and make plays against the run, then he can play in any system....
    [/quote]

at least there is one person out there still alive who supports akeem ayers around here. Akeem Ayers game speed is arguably one of the best out of all the linebackers. So what if he ran slow? He's FLUID whereas Martez Wilson runs fast but is STIFF. A man like martez wilson can run fast in a straight line down a seam with a receiver on a go route, sure. but is he going to cover slants or intermediate routes with as stiff as he is? No. 40 times might be the most overrated drill in the book.

[/quote]the 3 cone drill shows speed and agility and Ayers did poorly in that as well. Wilson was almost a half a sec better U have no idea what your talking about.[/quote]

I have no idea what I'm talking about? Dude, did you read my post at all? I never said akeem ayers was fast in the drills, he was timed slow and was nearly bottom in all of them. But he showed FLUIDITY in some of the drills which I will take 10 times out of 10 over blazing fast speed. Think and re-read posts before you click enter man

[/quote]

You critizied Wilsons stiffness the drill im talking about measures agility. Wilson was far better in the agility drill by almost a half a second therefore U have no idea what your talking about. The 3 cone drill measures exactly the thing your saying Wilson is no good at you are comical

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nevada11"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nevada11"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You critizied Wilsons stiffness the drill im talking about measures agility. Wilson was far better in the agility drill by almost a half a second therefore U have no idea what your talking about.

[/quote]

You are just saying "u have no idea what your talking about" to just say it to get to me because I never once said Wilson lacks agility or speed, I said akeem ayers arguably has one of the best game speed out of all the linebackers, I never said he had the very best.

Obviously every drill doesn't measure fluidity, but in the ones that do (hip rotation drill which is supposed to simulate pass drops for a linebacker) ayers excelled even if he did get timed slowly.

Instead of trying to follow other people with that "u dont know what your saying" nonsense, lets try having a civil conversation that doesnt involve trolling and purposely misinterpreting me for the sake of an argument

Linebackers that made the transition playing off the ball just from the 2009 draft alone:

Aaron Curry

Robert Ayers

Larry English

Clint Sintim

Cody Brown

I'll pass on ayers. Not that he never did play off the ball before, but I think he might be a little bit of a tweener honestly. Speed does matter in coverage as well as fluidity, you can't downplay that and try to convince yourself it doesn't matter.

[quote user="nevada11"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nevada11"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nevada11"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You critizied Wilsons stiffness the drill im talking about measures agility. Wilson was far better in the agility drill by almost a half a second therefore U have no idea what your talking about.

[/quote]

You are just saying "u have no idea what your talking about" to just say it to get to me because I never once said Wilson lacks agility or speed, I said akeem ayers arguably has one of the best game speed out of all the linebackers, I never said he had the very best.

Obviously every drill doesn't measure fluidity, but in the ones that do (hip rotation drill which is supposed to simulate pass drops for a linebacker) ayers excelled even if he did get timed slowly.

Instead of trying to follow other people with that "u dont know what your saying" nonsense, lets try having a civil conversation that doesnt involve trolling and purposely misinterpreting me for the sake of an argument

[/quote] U just said he was stiff. That pretty much means he he cant change directions. Agility measures your change of direction speed. The 3 cone drill measures agility . Wilson was not slow in the 3 cone drill ,Ayers was get how that works.

[quote user="Neverend"]

Linebackers that made the transition playing off the ball just from the 2009 draft alone:

Aaron Curry

Robert Ayers

Larry English

Clint Sintim

Cody Brown

I'll pass on ayers. Not that he never did play off the ball before, but I think he might be a little bit of a tweener honestly. Speed does matter in coverage as well as fluidity, you can't downplay that and try to convince yourself it doesn't matter.

[/quote]

So we can downplay the linebackers that DID make the transition? Two words: Clay Matthews. He can rush the passer, he can cover the slot, he does it all for the Packers

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nevada11"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nevada11"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nevada11"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] U just said he was stiff. That pretty much means he he cant change directions. Agility measures your change of direction speed. The 3 cone drill measures agility . Wilson was not slow in the 3 cone drill ,Ayers was get how that works.[/quote]

Stiff hips =/= can't change directions. When I said martez wilson is stiff he changes directions with lack of fluidity.

You can run a 4.3 and still have stiff hips.

[quote user="nevada11"][quote user="Neverend"]

Aaron Curry

Robert Ayers

Larry English

Clint Sintim

Cody Brown

[/quote]

So we can downplay the linebackers that DID make the transition? Two words: Clay Matthews. He can rush the passer, he can cover the slot, he does it all for the Packers

[/quote]

This is very true. Clay Matthews was used predominantly as a DE at USC on the ball and was a DE/LB hybrid in that scheme but he gainedlike 15-20 lbsbefore his rookie season tho whichpretty much means he's a pass rusher first, everything else second.I don't think you can compare clay matthews to anyone, he's just a special pass rusher and has a phenomenal motor. He doesn't drop into coverage or get off blocks against the run amazingly well anyway, the steelers ran at him at the super bowl with quite success. And Clay Matthews has terrific instincts where ayers really doesn't. I was reading a piece a few days ago about clay matthews leading the nfl in unblocked sacks (and they werent on twists and stunts either), he has great instincts/anticipation skills.

[quote user="nevada11"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nevada11"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nevada11"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nevada11"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] U just said he was stiff. That pretty much means he he cant change directions. Agility measures your change of direction speed. The 3 cone drill measures agility . Wilson was not slow in the 3 cone drill ,Ayers was get how that works.[/quote]

Stiff hips =/= can't change directions. When I said martez wilson is stiff he changes directions with lack of fluidity.

You can run a 4.3 and still have stiff hips.

[/quote]

and he can still get to the play faster. The 3 cone drill measures how quickly u flip your hips and change direction. Mccluster ran a horrible 40 and the fastest 3 cone drill. It showed he could change directions quickly so his straight line speed doesnt matter. If Wilson had the worst 3 cone drill time then I would say u may be on to something but he didnt and your not.

+ Reply to Thread