+ Reply to Thread
Page 128 of 562 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]And, heres my guy Davon House... I'm telling you, this guys a 1st rd talent... Hes special... Also, Derek Newton, the OT from Ark St, shined again at his proday.. Ive been talking about him for some time now as well..

Davon House, CB, New Mexico State

Height: 6-1. Weight: 200.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.44.
    Combine 40 Time: 4.43.
    Pro Day 40 Time: 4.35.
    Benchx225: 14. Vertical: 33.5. Arm: 31 7/8.
    Projected Round (2011): 2-3.

3/19/11: Davon House blew up his Pro Day with a 4.35 40. He really improved his chances of being drafted in the second round.

[/quote]

He is a good player. I do not think he makes it to the 3rd round Giants pick. In fact, I wouldnt be surprised if some team fell in love with him enough to take him before our 2nd round pick.

I'd love to know who is bringing him in for private workouts.

[/quote]Oh, i totally don't expect him to make it into RD 3... He was a 2nd rd guy, in my eyes before the COmbine...He may have a Kyle Wilson like Assension into Late RD 1 consideration.. Hes really good, and the combine and proday are just giving NFL gm's more reason to consider him for Late RD 1 or early Rd 2...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]And, heres my guy Davon House... I'm telling you, this guys a 1st rd talent... Hes special... Also, Derek Newton, the OT from Ark St, shined again at his proday.. Ive been talking about him for some time now as well..

3/19/11: Davon House blew up his Pro Day with a 4.35 40. He really improved his chances of being drafted in the second round.

[/quote]

He is a good player. I do not think he makes it to the 3rd round Giants pick. In fact, I wouldnt be surprised if some team fell in love with him enough to take him before our 2nd round pick.

[/quote]Oh, i totally don't expect him to make it into RD 3... He was a 2nd rd guy, in my eyes before the COmbine...He may have a Kyle Wilson like Assension into Late RD 1 consideration.. Hes really good, and the combine and proday are just giving NFL gm's more reason to consider him for Late RD 1 or early Rd 2...
    [/quote]

He has tape and measurables if he was playing at Alabama he would be a Top20 pick. This is a real good corner class I really think the Giants should come away with one of these guys. At the moment I would rather the Giants to trade down. The players to me at 19 arent that much better then the players that are at 40. If U had the choice would U rather have Pouncey or House and Wisniewski . Would U rather have Castanzo orIjalana and House. Would U rather have corey Liguet or Drake Nevis and House

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]And, heres my guy Davon House... I'm telling you, this guys a 1st rd talent... Hes special... Also, Derek Newton, the OT from Ark St, shined again at his proday.. Ive been talking about him for some time now as well..

[/quote]

[/quote]

He has tape and measurables if he was playing at Alabama he would be a Top20 pick. This is a real good corner class I really think the Giants should come away with one of these guys. At the moment I would rather the Giants to trade down. The players to me at 19 arent that much better then the players that are at 40. If U had the choice would U rather have Pouncey or House and Wisniewski . Would U rather have Castanzo orIjalana and House. Would U rather have corey Liguet or Drake Nevis and House

[/quote] very true.. I'm more then fine with trading down, and gathering picks... I like the combo picks u put together.... u know how reese is though, and it seems he never does that..

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] very true.. I'm more then fine with trading down, and gathering picks... I like the combo picks u put together.... u know how reese is though, and it seems he never does that..
    [/quote]

I have to say, Nevis & House would be BEASTLY. Nevis is probably my no.2 most wanted DT (behind Paea). at ~295, Fewell could line him up all over the place, and with his first step and power, he'd be a match up nightmare. And House would be a top 15 pick if he was coming out of a bigger school (or had better safeties behind him).

If they somehow got Nevis, House, Carter, Irving, and Sands I'd be one ecstatic Giants fan...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah I dont know why. That to me is the best strategy. I would rather have multiple 2nd and 3rd rounders then one first.Look at the Pro Bowlers the Giants have recently had Tuck,Osi,Snee, Smith ,Diehl, Ohara only Manning was a first rounder. Good players ,Starters, Pro Bowlers, come from every round the more guys U bring in the more chances U have to find a good player.

U guys think Michael Floyd is an alcoholic. He just got suspended by Notre Dame for getting a DWI. It was the 3rd run in for him involving alcohol since 2009

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]U guys think Michael Floyd is an alcoholic. He just got suspended by Notre Dame for getting a DWI. It was the 3rd run in for him involving alcohol since 2009[/quote]

Not alcoholic just parties to much, I hope he gets things together by draft time next year, the kid is a beast.

anyways, does anyone know of the character concerns about Jimmy Smith? Ive only read that he has them.... not what the are.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]U guys think Michael Floyd is an alcoholic. He just got suspended by Notre Dame for getting a DWI. It was the 3rd run in for him involving alcohol since 2009[/quote] Just a stupid kid, who probably dosen't think of consequnces yet, like he should... Hopefully, he'll learn, because hes really a special talent, who i've watched wk in and wk out(when hes healthy), of his whole career..

Man, not to change subjects, but a guy i was wondering about(kinda randomely), all though, i have mentioned him once or twice throughout the months on here, had a real good proday, and i really feel good about this kid, as i did his teammate last yr(roger saffold), and i was wondering what u thought of him, and if u possibly could flip a video on of him, James Brewer OT Indiana... This kids got Kareem McKenzies longterm Replacement written all over him... if hes there in RD 3, he'd be tempting, because i'm not sure, theres that many true RT's in this draft, who have as much NFL starting potential as him..
    Hes a outstanding run blocker, sustains his blocks on the 2nd level, and has alot of stregth, generated by a powerful lower half.. Hes also a above avg pass blocker.. He really moves well for a man his size..

With more expiernece, and less injurys, Brewer is up there with Roger Saffold,as a early 2nd rd pick, possibly late 1st, and i'm pretty sold on this kid, all though, i'd like to see alittle more tape, as i may have caught only 2or3 games of his , and only have that and a whole bunch of read write-ups to go on..

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]U guys think Michael Floyd is an alcoholic. He just got suspended by Notre Dame for getting a DWI. It was the 3rd run in for him involving alcohol since 2009[/quote] Just a stupid kid, who probably dosen't think of consequnces yet, like he should... Hopefully, he'll learn, because hes really a special talent, who i've watched wk in and wk out(when hes healthy), of his whole career..

Man, not to change subjects, but a guy i was wondering about(kinda randomely), all though, i have mentioned him once or twice throughout the months on here, had a real good proday, and i really feel good about this kid, as i did his teammate last yr(roger saffold), and i was wondering what u thought of him, and if u possibly could flip a video on of him, James Brewer OT Indiana... This kids got Kareem McKenzies longterm Replacement written all over him... if hes there in RD 3, he'd be tempting, because i'm not sure, theres that many true RT's in this draft, who have as much NFL starting potential as him..
    Hes a outstanding run blocker, sustains his blocks on the 2nd level, and has alot of stregth, generated by a powerful lower half.. Hes also a above avg pass blocker.. He really moves well for a man his size..

With more expiernece, and less injurys, Brewer is up there with Roger Saffold,as a early 2nd rd pick, possibly late 1st, and i'm pretty sold on this kid, all though, i'd like to see alittle more tape, as i may have caught only 2or3 games of his , and only have that and a whole bunch of read write-ups to go on..
    [/quote]Yeah I can do that Im so back logged with footage I scribed but havent made the vids. Im hoping to get Stefen Wisniewski and Robert Sands done sometime today.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxQEkLHo0F4

Now here is a linebacker Vontaze Burfict vs Arizona

I love how he never goes backwards in a collision. Watch him at 8.05 he stays low, plants and explodes through the tackle and fires the ball carrier back. No getting knocked back for extra yards with Vontaze Burfict

[/quote]This guy is a beast and has 1st round talent written all over him. I know he's only a junior, but I can see him declaring early w/ a strong showing this year.

+ Reply to Thread