Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="heavyhitter"]

Kyle Rudolph

Rahim Moore

Mark Ingram

Friday, March 25

» Virginia Tech quarterback Tyrod Taylor (Path to the Draft, 6:00 PM ET; NFL Total Access 7:00 PM ET)

[/quote] Fantastic stuff... Ayers is so multi-dimensional... God, that would of been the 3rd incredible INT if he could of came up with it(the one he batted, spun around and made diving attempt for).. Hes such a beast....

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

This isnt my Vid but Sportzfan likes him so I thought Id post it

Johnny Patrick vs Southern Miss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Eui...el_video_title

[/quote]ya, i watched that game.. It wasen't his best game, but he clearly showed big play potential, and the ability to play real physical, and do many diffrent things... It was tough for me to decide between Davon House and Johnny Patrick as my guy i'm gonna endorse heavily till the draft, all though i obviously love both of em... One thing people gotta remember as well, when watching that, is So.Miss is a spread offense, so obviously , theres gonna be plays where johnny gets beat, its just so hard to not against those type offenses... But, man he does make plays, and really can stick with a WR on a deep ball, and even a slant.. I love his pursuit on his blitz's....

When i was first talking alot about him, no one, really was, and he seemed to be more of a 5th-7th rd guy at the time, and i wondered why, and made a couple statments, of how i guranteed he would be moving up a bunch of rds by the time the draft got here, because he really flew under the radar at Louisville.. It was one of those calls, u don't really feel like u desrve any credit, because it was so blatently obvious... I knew he was gonna move to 2nd-3rd rd contention, once scouts and draft site guys got a chance to go back and really see what he did in his game tapes.. Awesome player

Hey Sportzfan U think Johnny Patrick could gain 10 pounds and play safety. He plays the run well and plays better in off man and zone then press coverage. He has ball skills andis agood blitzer as well. It seems like he has good skills playing the QB.He is more of aslot guy to me but he looks like player. I liked his performance in the bowl game and I thought the TD he got beat on there could of been a push off by the receiver.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]Anthony Castonzo had his Pro Day yesterday. Plenty of scouts from other teams were in attendance, but only the Giants and Patriots had their Offensive Line coach there. Will Castonzo still be on the board at 19, and if so do the Giants take him?

Photo by Nancy Lane

PRO INSTRUCTIONS: Giants offensive line coach Pat Flaherty (right) directs Boston College’s Anthony Castonzo in a drill during yesterday’s Pro Day.

[/quote] I think Ant Castanzo is the fave right now, amongst almost every mock site for us to select , so this is no surprise.. I mean, were gonna have a great choice amongst Olineman when we pick at 19, and thats where i also believe we will go, unless someone like Ingram drops, or we make a surprise pick, like Mikel Leshoure, but alot of sites got us taking him in RD 2, i don't see leshoure being there, then... Ayers is still a darkhorse canadite for me, for us to pick...
    [/quote]

For fun, I just went through every 2009 mock draft I could get my hands on. Not one had the Giants taking Nicks. Most had them taking either Matthews or Cushing, with a couple saying either Kenny Britt or Petigrew (L. English was another name I saw).

I don't remember anyone saying JPP last year (not that anyone expected Oakland to make a rational move and pick him).
    [/quote] ya, there was alot of talk about the giants taking a WR though, and nicks,britt, and harvins names were always talked about, but most had those guys gone before we picked, if i remember correctly.. I know, there was a ton of people on here chattering about nicks and other WR's.. I loved nicks, but had Britt ranked the highest, but i liked all of em, except Harvin and Heyward bey, and i wasen't a fan of brian robiske in rd 1 either(that was slips guy)... ALso, as far as JPP, alot of people had diffrent opinions on where he was gonna go, and most thought, OAK would of been nuts to take em, becasue of his lack of EXP, and they thought they'd be doing what they always do, going with the workout warrior.. So, actually, people thought it would be the exact opposite, of rational, and it would be ill-rational if they took JPP.. I defended JPP right up untill draft day, when most on here, were not happy at all...

Who knows, whats gonna happen, this yr, as u just never know, whos gonna trade up, and whos gonna surprise and take a guy that people didn't think they were gonna.. People gotta remember, one or 2picks that are surprises, change everything...
    [/quote]

We had similar WR rankings both of us werent full believers in Crabtree and took some slack for it. I liked Harvinbut Im glad the Giants didnt end up with him . I still believe Britt can be a dominant player. He has flashed that dominant take over game abilitybut the Giants seemed to have scouted him right as they thought he needed some work and was more of a 2nd rounder. The Giants scouts seem to know what there doing with the WR's

Veteran

Akeem Ayers Interview

Somebody get NYC a room and a tissue

I keed, I keed...

In all seriousness, I do love this:

"When it's all said and done you're looking for a football player.
    You're not looking for someone who can just run 40 yards in a straight
    line or someone who's got a good broad jump," Ayers said. "You want
    somebody who can tackle, who can bend, who can make cuts and just make
    plays.

"I believe it's pretty much what you can do on the field, your
    production and your game film. Some guys are just great at doing these
    Combine drills when it doesn't really translate to what kind of plays
    you can make on the field.

"You're looking for a football player, not a track runner or a weight lifter."

Lord I hope not this guy is nowhere near "elite"at best he's a RT to add I wouldn't draft RB Mark Ingram I think the giants should either trade up for a CB or WR or trade back to the 2nd round and go after LB's and OL not that big a differance between the 1st RD lineman and the 2nd RD ones.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]Anthony Castonzo had his Pro Day yesterday. Plenty of scouts from other teams were in attendance, but only the Giants and Patriots had their Offensive Line coach there. Will Castonzo still be on the board at 19, and if so do the Giants take him?

Photo by Nancy Lane

PRO INSTRUCTIONS: Giants offensive line coach Pat Flaherty (right) directs Boston College’s Anthony Castonzo in a drill during yesterday’s Pro Day.

[/quote] I think Ant Castanzo is the fave right now, amongst almost every mock site for us to select , so this is no surprise.. I mean, were gonna have a great choice amongst Olineman when we pick at 19, and thats where i also believe we will go, unless someone like Ingram drops, or we make a surprise pick, like Mikel Leshoure, but alot of sites got us taking him in RD 2, i don't see leshoure being there, then... Ayers is still a darkhorse canadite for me, for us to pick...
    [/quote]

I think Tyron Smith is there first choice but Im guessing he wont be on the board. I suspect there realistic board looks like this

1.Tyron Smith

2.Anthony Castanzo

3.Mike Pouncey

4.Corey Liguet

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]Anthony Castonzo had his Pro Day yesterday. Plenty of scouts from other teams were in attendance, but only the Giants and Patriots had their Offensive Line coach there. Will Castonzo still be on the board at 19, and if so do the Giants take him?

Photo by Nancy Lane

[/quote]

I think Tyron Smith is there first choice but Im guessing he wont be on the board. I suspect there realistic board looks like this

1.Tyron Smith

2.Anthony Castanzo

3.Mike Pouncey

4.Corey Liguet

[/quote]

I could see that. However, I don't think Castonzo is any kind of upgrade over Beatty... and he proved in college that he can't play (he got moved from RT to LT because of a lack of power). That was also the knock on Beatty coming out (lack of power/bulk).

On another note: What do you guys think of Greg Little, WR from NC? I hadn't thought much about him till Mayock started talking him up last night. If he's there in the 4th, I don't see Reese not pulling the trigger. Big, fast WR with hands like glue, return ability, and ridiculous value? Sounds like classic JR. With SS12's health in question, and Nick's injury history, I could see it, even with Barden, Cruz, and Thomas waiting in the wings.

Edit: The more I read up about him, I want this kid...
    Sideline Scouting
    CBSSports
    National Football Post

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]Anthony Castonzo had his Pro Day yesterday. Plenty of scouts from other teams were in attendance, but only the Giants and Patriots had their Offensive Line coach there. Will Castonzo still be on the board at 19, and if so do the Giants take him?

Photo by Nancy Lane

[/quote]

1.Tyron Smith

2.Anthony Castanzo

3.Mike Pouncey

4.Corey Liguet

[/quote]

I could see that. However, I don't think Castonzo is any kind of upgrade over Beatty... and he proved in college that he can't play (he got moved from RT to LT because of a lack of power). That was also the knock on Beatty coming out (lack of power/bulk).

On another note: What do you guys think of Greg Little, WR from NC? I hadn't thought much about him till Mayock started talking him up last night. If he's there in the 4th, I don't see Reese not pulling the trigger. Big, fast WR with hands like glue, return ability, and ridiculous value? Sounds like classic JR. With SS12's health in question, and Nick's injury history, I could see it, even with Barden, Cruz, and Thomas waiting in the wings.

Edit: The more I read up about him, I want this kid...
    Sideline Scouting
    CBSSports
    National Football Post
    [/quote]he's good but not for us. we have way too many wr's as it is. only way i see us taking one is if we cut someone(dont think we can with the cba? idk) or he is a dynamic kr/pr.

Hey Redeye....

Do you have video of Colorado vs. Georgia and the AJ Green vs Jimmy Smith highlights....

I think Smith stayed on one side of the field that game but had some match ups against Green I wanted to see....

If not then no worries...

+ Reply to Thread