+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 562 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

All-Pro

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

Now to go the other way on this.

How many 3 down linebackers are there in the first 3 rounds? and who are they

Trent Richardson vs Penn State

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_x0COyWKuU

My COMP PICK Mock Draft, as of March 27th 2011 6:15AM...
    (no trades involved, all though, id love to trade)

1. Akeem Ayers SLB U.C.L.A-
    i love his game speed, and versatility.. Can do alittle bit of everything for us, and has the potential, to be a all around player for us, and makes big plays... Worth the gamble, in my eyes..

2. Davon House CB N.Mex St- very good speed, and length.. Phyiscal player, who has good ball skills... Good MAN COVER guy... One of my Fave CB's in the draft, has 1st rd talent....

3..Jake Kirkpatrick C T.C.U-
    great intangables...Good push in the run game, and has leadership qualities, which are important for your QB of the O-LIne... Loved this guy for along time, and i think hes got solid 10yr vet type potential, written all over him.. Comes from Winning team...

4. Ross Homan WLB Ohio St
    .- Real Tackle Machine, that like Ayers, makes plays.. Great sideline to sideline player... Looks the part of a possible Special Teams Ace, with non stop motor.... Coming off 4int, 1sack, 2FF, 6.5Tackle Per Game season for winning program at Ohio St.. Has had very good offseason workouts, and also adds very good instincts to his game..

6. Lee Smith TE Marshall- has elite size, for a TE, and will really help our run game... Is essentially a 6th offensive lineman out there, who also is a big target, with solid hands, who could develop into a nice redzone target... One of my Fave TE's, for our team.. Seems to fit what we like in our TE's... Coming off 38rec 358yrd 3td season for the Thundering Herd...

6. Charles Clay FB/TE/RB/WR Tulsa- A, Litteraly, do everything player on offense, who can run some WR routes, tote the rock, or help as a blocker... Extremely versatile player, which i try to add to our Draft, as the more u do, the better... Was a 1000yrd reciver in 07, and also a 6.6 YPC RB in 2010 (albeit on 34carries, but also avg'd 5.3 and 5.8 his first 2seasons at Tulsa, has very good size... Could really make some big plays for a club, as FB outta the backfield, or by just lining up at many diffrent spots, and finding mismatches througout a game... Intriguing player...

7. Davonte Shannon SS Buffalo
    - Snot knocking Safety, whos litteraly, everywhere during games, finishing 2nd among DB's in Total Tackles this past season in the country, while being the leader of his teams defense... Another nice late RD UB prospect... Also, has ST's Ace type potential...

Obviously, i could do about 5other mocks right now, but this ones, ffor today... I wanted to add blocking to our offense, and get a future C in there, and i did that with Kirkpatrick, Lee Smith and Charles Clay.. Also, i wanted to Get some players that could be possible occasional weapons on offense, and not just one dimensional blockers, and again, Clay and Smith fill that bill.. I wanted to upgrade the LB positon, with Playmakers, and guys who can do it against the pass, and run, and i feel Homan can be that "everywhere" LB we crave, and Ayers, can do many diffrent things for Fewell, including get to the passer, or pick the ball off while covering a zone.... I also, wanted to add some what seems like very good ST's players, and Homan, and Shannon help out there, and shannon could be steal in RD 7, and really fills the hole on Run downs, while having a decent nose for the ball.. Davon House has num 1 CB potential, and adds needed speed to our corps, with added ball skills...

I feel this draft really helps our blocking on offense, and playmaking ability on defense, while getting some guys who could surprise on the offensive end, while teams pay extra attention to our big 3 WR's...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]My COMP PICK Mock Draft, as of March 27th 2011 6:15AM...
    (no trades involved, all though, id love to trade)

1. Akeem Ayers SLB U.C.L.A-
    i love his game speed, and versatility.. Can do alittle bit of everything for us, and has the potential, to be a all around player for us, and makes big plays... Worth the gamble, in my eyes..

2. Davon House CB N.Mex St- very good speed, and length.. Phyiscal player, who has good ball skills... Good MAN COVER guy... One of my Fave CB's in the draft, has 1st rd talent....

3..Jake Kirkpatrick C T.C.U-
    great intangables...Good push in the run game, and has leadership qualities, which are important for your QB of the O-LIne... Loved this guy for along time, and i think hes got solid 10yr vet type potential, written all over him.. Comes from Winning team...

4. Ross Homan WLB Ohio St
    .- Real Tackle Machine, that like Ayers, makes plays.. Great sideline to sideline player... Looks the part of a possible Special Teams Ace, with non stop motor.... Coming off 4int, 1sack, 2FF, 6.5Tackle Per Game season for winning program at Ohio St.. Has had very good offseason workouts, and also adds very good instincts to his game..

6. Lee Smith TE Marshall- has elite size, for a TE, and will really help our run game... Is essentially a 6th offensive lineman out there, who also is a big target, with solid hands, who could develop into a nice redzone target... One of my Fave TE's, for our team.. Seems to fit what we like in our TE's... Coming off 38rec 358yrd 3td season for the Thundering Herd...

6. Charles Clay FB/TE/RB/WR Tulsa- A, Litteraly, do everything player on offense, who can run some WR routes, tote the rock, or help as a blocker... Extremely versatile player, which i try to add to our Draft, as the more u do, the better... Was a 1000yrd reciver in 07, and also a 6.6 YPC RB in 2010 (albeit on 34carries, but also avg'd 5.3 and 5.8 his first 2seasons at Tulsa, has very good size... Could really make some big plays for a club, as FB outta the backfield, or by just lining up at many diffrent spots, and finding mismatches througout a game... Intriguing player...

7. Davonte Shannon SS Buffalo
    - Snot knocking Safety, whos litteraly, everywhere during games, finishing 2nd among DB's in Total Tackles this past season in the country, while being the leader of his teams defense... Another nice late RD UB prospect... Also, has ST's Ace type potential...

Obviously, i could do about 5other mocks right now, but this ones, ffor today... I wanted to add blocking to our offense, and get a future C in there, and i did that with Kirkpatrick, Lee Smith and Charles Clay.. Also, i wanted to Get some players that could be possible occasional weapons on offense, and not just one dimensional blockers, and again, Clay and Smith fill that bill.. I wanted to upgrade the LB positon, with Playmakers, and guys who can do it against the pass, and run, and i feel Homan can be that "everywhere" LB we crave, and Ayers, can do many diffrent things for Fewell, including get to the passer, or pick the ball off while covering a zone.... I also, wanted to add some what seems like very good ST's players, and Homan, and Shannon help out there, and shannon could be steal in RD 7, and really fills the hole on Run downs, while having a decent nose for the ball.. Davon House has num 1 CB potential, and adds needed speed to our corps, with added ball skills...

I feel this draft really helps our blocking on offense, and playmaking ability on defense, while getting some guys who could surprise on the offensive end, while teams pay extra attention to our big 3 WR's...
    [/quote] I forgot a 6th rd pick, crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

1. akeem ayers lb ucla
    2. davon house cb n.mex st
    3. jake kirkpatrick c t.c.u
    4. ross homan lb ohio st
    6. lee smith te marshall
    6. charles clay fb/te/rb/wr tulsa
    6. KYLE HIX RT TEXAS- a nice late rd sleeper RT player, with good size and expierence..
    7. davonte shannon ss buffalo

[quote user="nycsportzfan"] I forgot a 6th rd pick, crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

1. akeem ayers lb ucla
    2. davon house cb n.mex st
    3. jake kirkpatrick c t.c.u
    4. ross homan lb ohio st
    6. lee smith te marshall
    6. charles clay fb/te/rb/wr tulsa
    6. KYLE HIX RT TEXAS- a nice late rd sleeper RT player, with good size and expierence..
    7. davonte shannon ss buffalo
    [/quote]
    Looks good to me.

Ive said there are guys I like more than Ayers in the 1st, though its not like I would cry if we selected him.

Of course, you know I like Davonte Shannon. Im a big fan of Lee Smith, House and Kirkpatrick. Homan is not only exactly the type of player we need(43 old good in space) but he is exactly the type of class-act leader the Giants like to select. I do think A FB who can catch would be a nice addition to this team, so Clay would fit there.

Overal, I can say I would be quite happy with this draft.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

I'm a huge Richardson fan...

Can't wait to see him get the majority of the carries next season...

[quote user="titwio"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote] I'm a huge Richardson fan... Can't wait to see him get the majority of the carries next season...[/quote]

He will get the bulkbut Alabama has some guys on that roster at RB that are very good behind him. redshirt sophmore Eddie Lacy and Number 1 rivals all purpose back recruit Dee Hart.

Jonathan Baldwin vs Notre Dame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NonhyHSah-Y

+ Reply to Thread