+ Reply to Thread
Page 148 of 562 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="titwio"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="titwio"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

• [/list][/quote] He said, "my teammates would say, i'm always sarcastic"..lol This dudes a punk.. hes gonna get popped in the mouth in a NFL locker room.. Sure, being funny and all is great, but obnoxius and immature and annoying is another thing... I'd stay far away from this guy, real far away...
      [/quote] I have to disagree.... Players who usually have exceptional talent are misunderstood and the things they sometimes say are taken out of context....(Just based on what I've seen) IMO Smith is one of the best prospects in this years draft....I have a bad feeling if the Giants pass on this guy, they're going to regret it.... And If he goes to the Eagles I'm going to be pissed... The Giants D-line is looking solid....They really need to strengthen their secondary....If they spend a first round pick on a DT I'm going to flip my lid....Honestly![/quote] ya, pacman jones was definetly misunderstood..lol Theres tons of talented guys who have issues that continue in the nfl, ala Dez Bryant and his immature ways continue... The guys been arrested something like 3times, and didn't he lie about something at his big Job interview at the combine?

I personally woulden't take the gamble, all though i here ya, hes talented...
      [/quote] Damn.... Why'd you have to bring up Pac-man Jones...You got me there.... Yes theres always the talented players who are bad apples....Giants had a few in Taylor, Plax, Bradhsaw, Manningham etc...I just think it comes down to the risk reward....IMO...If I were a GM I don't think I could pass on that talented a prospect, especially when this draft doesn't have as many as in years past..... I seriously think if the Giants pass they will regret it if they do....But thats just my opinion...I usually have a feeling about certain players...[/quote]I know what your saying on sheer talent he is probably the best player available. I really want the Giants to pickanother CB as well.

[quote user="titwio"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

• [/list][/quote] He said, "my teammates would say, i'm always sarcastic"..lol This dudes a punk.. hes gonna get popped in the mouth in a NFL locker room.. Sure, being funny and all is great, but obnoxius and immature and annoying is another thing... I'd stay far away from this guy, real far away...
      [/quote]

I have to disagree....

Players who usually have exceptional talent are misunderstood and the things they sometimes say are taken out of context....(Just based on what I've seen)

IMO Smith is one of the best prospects in this years draft....I have a bad feeling if the Giants pass on this guy, they're going to regret it.... And If he goes to the Eagles I'm going to be pissed...

The Giants D-line is looking solid....They really need to strengthen their secondary....If they spend a first round pick on a DT I'm going to flip my lid....Honestly![/quote]

Aside from Dissecting a menial comment he made, what we should be doing is dissecting the comments he didnt make. There are numberous reports this kid lied in interviews about his troubled past. The fact is, his mistakes are not very serious. We have drafted guys recently with more serious concerns(Manningham and Bradshaw.) But, that prolly had something to do with the fact that they owned up to their mistakes in interviews and didnt try to hide them, as Smith reportedly did.

Who know, maybe the reports are all nonsense. But, if they are true, I seriously doubt any team he lied to is going to give him money.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="titwio"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

[/quote]

I have to disagree....

Players who usually have exceptional talent are misunderstood and the things they sometimes say are taken out of context....(Just based on what I've seen)

IMO Smith is one of the best prospects in this years draft....I have a bad feeling if the Giants pass on this guy, they're going to regret it.... And If he goes to the Eagles I'm going to be pissed...

The Giants D-line is looking solid....They really need to strengthen their secondary....If they spend a first round pick on a DT I'm going to flip my lid....Honestly![/quote]

Aside from Dissecting a menial comment he made, what we should be doing is dissecting the comments he didnt make. There are numberous reports this kid lied in interviews about his troubled past. The fact is, his mistakes are not very serious. We have drafted guys recently with more serious concerns(Manningham and Bradshaw.) But, that prolly had something to do with the fact that they owned up to their mistakes in interviews and didnt try to hide them, as Smith reportedly did.

Who know, maybe the reports are all nonsense. But, if they are true, I seriously doubt any team he lied to is going to give him money.
      [/quote] ya, it wasen't the fact of what he was saying about being a class clown/sarcastic all the time, it was more of, i wanted more from him in that segment... Something like, "ya, i made some mistakes, and i realize now, that i'm embarking on a huge oppurtunity in my life, and i plan on taking that opp by the horns, and showing my teammates, i can be a leader, and lead by example".... I didn't want to here about him being sarcastic all the time, or a guy who basically seems to not take things seriously, and is constantly making jokes... For me, that segment certainly didn't boost my confidence about him, maturing quickly, in the NFL, albeit, its not like i think less of em, because of the comments.. I still think hes to risky of a pick, but no higher, then before that segment, just wanted more from him in yet another chance for him to straighten his image up, if not just alittle...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="titwio"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

• [/list]

[/quote] He said, "my teammates would say, i'm always sarcastic"..lol This dudes a punk.. hes gonna get popped in the mouth in a NFL locker room.. Sure, being funny and all is great, but obnoxius and immature and annoying is another thing... I'd stay far away from this guy, real far away...
      [/quote] I have to disagree.... Players who usually have exceptional talent are misunderstood and the things they sometimes say are taken out of context....(Just based on what I've seen) IMO Smith is one of the best prospects in this years draft....I have a bad feeling if the Giants pass on this guy, they're going to regret it.... And If he goes to the Eagles I'm going to be pissed... The Giants D-line is looking solid....They really need to strengthen their secondary....If they spend a first round pick on a DT I'm going to flip my lid....Honestly![/quote] ya, pacman jones was definetly misunderstood..lol Theres tons of talented guys who have issues that continue in the nfl, ala Dez Bryant and his immature ways continue... The guys been arrested something like 3times, and didn't he lie about something at his big Job interview at the combine?

I personally woulden't take the gamble, all though i here ya, hes talented...
      [/quote]

Im with U Id move on to the next corner on my board, Davon House. He has size,speed, tape and isnt a complete jack ***. He should be more highly regarded

Herm Edwards was on Sportscenter and said these are how he values positions

1.QB

2.CB

3.LT

4. Pass rusher

The more I go throughOklahoma tapes the more Im amazed by how many screen passes they throw.

I made a 2012 vid of Landry Jones against FSU. He threw the ball 40 times in the game. I didnt count or anything but out of his 30completed passes my guess is 23,24 of them were screen passes.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="titwio"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

• [/list][/quote] He said, "my teammates would say, i'm always sarcastic"..lol* This dudes a punk.. hes gonna get popped in the mouth in a NFL locker room.. Sure, being funny and all is great, but obnoxius and immature and annoying is another thing...* I'd stay far away from this guy, real far away...
      [/quote]

I have to disagree....

[/quote] ya, it wasen't the fact of what he was saying about being a class clown/sarcastic all the time, it was more of, i wanted more from him in that segment... Something like, "ya, i made some mistakes, and i realize now, that i'm embarking on a huge oppurtunity in my life, and i plan on taking that opp by the horns, and showing my teammates, i can be a leader, and lead by example"....* I didn't want to here about him being sarcastic all the time, or a guy who basically seems to not take things seriously, and is constantly making jokes...* For me, that segment certainly didn't boost my confidence about him, maturing quickly, in the NFL, albeit, its not like i think less of em, because of the comments.. I still think hes to risky of a pick, but no higher, then before that segment, just wanted more from him in yet another chance for him to straighten his image up, if not just alittle...
      [/quote]

I posted this in another thread but here is an interview with Jimmy Smith following his combine....He discusses his mistakes, the combine, and the upcoming draft....He seems down to earth and level headed....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yXbi...feature=fvwrel

It my give you a better segment than the other you were hoping would be better...

Veteran

[quote user="titwio"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="titwio"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

[/quote]

I have to disagree....

[/quote] ya, it wasen't the fact of what he was saying about being a class clown/sarcastic all the time, it was more of, i wanted more from him in that segment... Something like, "ya, i made some mistakes, and i realize now, that i'm embarking on a huge oppurtunity in my life, and i plan on taking that opp by the horns, and showing my teammates, i can be a leader, and lead by example".... I didn't want to here about him being sarcastic all the time, or a guy who basically seems to not take things seriously, and is constantly making jokes... For me, that segment certainly didn't boost my confidence about him, maturing quickly, in the NFL, albeit, its not like i think less of em, because of the comments.. I still think hes to risky of a pick, but no higher, then before that segment, just wanted more from him in yet another chance for him to straighten his image up, if not just alittle...
      [/quote]

I posted this in another thread but here is an interview with Jimmy Smith following his combine....He discusses his mistakes, the combine, and the upcoming draft....He seems down to earth and level headed....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yXbi...feature=fvwrel

It my give you a better segment than the other you were hoping would be better...[/quote]

I think a lot comes down to the interview; what questions are asked, and how they are asked. We don't know what the NFL First Draft interview was like, what and how questions were asked or how it was edited.

He did come off very well in the Fox Sports interview, but that was a pretty softball interview. I did like his answer about the off the field stuff... it was likely the canned answer, but still a good one.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

The more I go throughOklahoma tapes the more Im amazed by how many screen passes they throw.

I made a 2012 vid of Landry Jones against FSU. He threw the ball 40 times in the game. I didnt count or anything but out of his 30completed passes my guess is 23,24 of them were screen passes.

[/quote]I'd rather you not post that one, lol. Landry Jones is a hell of a QB and that OU team has been a powerhouse for many years. Those screen passes/bubble screens that you're talking about were well designed and executed well too. FSU got their butts handed to them that day, I'll give Oklahoma that much. They play again this year in Tally and I'll be hoping for a shocker. Watch out for Florida State's new QB EJ Manuel-
    E.J. Manuel 2009-2010 Highlights
    BTW: When are you gonna come thru w/ that Brandon Jenkins vid (reminds me of Osi a bit w/ his size and speed off the edge)?

+ Reply to Thread