+ Reply to Thread
Page 152 of 562 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BlueSanta"]not [quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

I put this up last night. Ive watched a good amount of Liuget and I think he is a tad overrated.

[/quote]

Absolutely agree. I tried to watch his game against baylor2 days agoand came away very disappointed. One thing I notice with him is that he starts hot but by the second half he seems winded and is just a complete non factor by the 4th quarter. you also read reports about him having conditioning issues throughout his career until last season which is unsettling. Also as apass rusher I think he's a little average.

[/quote]

I see him being mocked as high as #14 and I just dont get it. I just dont see a top of the first round pick . I dont even see a Top 20 pick. There are other guys with similar tape in the 2nd and 3rd round

[/quote]

We disagree here. The tape you show there is a bad offense to highlight a DT talent. Illinios spent most that game in a 3 man front.

Try the Ohio state game film where he had a lot more 1v1 matchups and had fantastic gap control.

The teams that see what they like in his film see a player great at controlling the person trying to block him, which is the most valuable thing a DT can do in a 43.
    [/quote]Ive watched 5 of his games including that one. I just made this tape yesterday so I was adding a comment with it.I see a starter in the NFL, but a Top 20 pick? I dont like him that high at all[/quote]

Well I completely disagree, no biggie tho we just dont see eye to eye on this guy. He isnt a guy who is going to knife through and get sacks as much, but he is a steady pusher up the middle who with balance and thrives in 1v1 situations. I would welcome him on this football team I think he is 1 of the more consistent runstopping DTs in the draft. And, as I said, thats a pretty bad video to highligh him on. A spread offense that barely runs the ball and had the defense in 3 DL situations means he is double teamed all game. People should see his ohio state highlights to get a better idea of what he can do in a typical 43 defense vs good competition.

Veteran

[quote user="Neverend"]Damn I hate this 19th pick, can't remember a draft where I'm so undecided on who the giants should pick. Don't like liuget or wilkerson. Stephen Paea doesnt fit our scheme. Tyron smith will be long gone. etc[/quote]

I'll disagree with Paea not fitting the Giants' scheme. He's a disruptive one-gap penetrater who has the strength to hold up against the run. That's a Giants DT right there.

People keep trying to project him as a nose tackle and he's just not. He doesn't have the mass nor the length to eat up blocks in a 34, and likewise he doesn't have the length to be a 34 end. What he does have is elite strength, leverage and explosion going forward and surprising lateral agility.

Veteran

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

I put this up last night. Ive watched a good amount of Liuget and I think he is a tad overrated.

[/quote]

Absolutely agree. I tried to watch his game against baylor2 days agoand came away very disappointed. One thing I notice with him is that he starts hot but by the second half he seems winded and is just a complete non factor by the 4th quarter. you also read reports about him having conditioning issues throughout his career until last season which is unsettling. Also as apass rusher I think he's a little average.

[/quote]

I see him being mocked as high as #14 and I just dont get it. I just dont see a top of the first round pick . I dont even see a Top 20 pick. There are other guys with similar tape in the 2nd and 3rd round

[/quote]Marvin Austin > Corey Liuget
    [/quote]

That's the truth!! If Costanzo's gone by 19, I say trade back with a QB hungry team, grab an extra second rounder and pick up Austin.

I'm pretty pissed right now....

Looks like I have to serve jury duty starting April 25th.....I've already postponed and now it's mandatory.....

Looks like I'm going to miss out on the draft....(My last football day of the season)....

Oh well...Hope there is a replay on NFLN so I don't have to read about the picks....

Veteran

[quote user="titwio"]I'm pretty pissed right now.... Looks like I have to serve jury duty starting April 25th.....I've already postponed and now it's mandatory..... Looks like I'm going to miss out on the draft....(My last football day of the season).... Oh well...Hope there is a replay on NFLN so I don't have to read about the picks....[/quote]

Sucks. I can't think of anything else in sports that gives me the kinda anticipation besides the draft.. Esp. when you've researched guys well through 4-5th rounders, or seeing a guy you wanted get picked just a few slots earlier. Follow from your phone.. I was working last yr and checked MG's twitter for the first round.

[quote user="titwio"]I'm pretty pissed right now....

Looks like I have to serve jury duty starting April 25th.....I've already postponed and now it's mandatory.....

Looks like I'm going to miss out on the draft....(My last football day of the season)....

Oh well...Hope there is a replay on NFLN so I don't have to read about the picks....[/quote]

ugh, that stinks. Sorry to hear. Just record everything.

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Neverend"]Damn I hate this 19th pick, can't remember a draft where I'm so undecided on who the giants should pick. Don't like liuget or wilkerson. Stephen Paea doesnt fit our scheme. Tyron smith will be long gone. etc[/quote]

I'll disagree with Paea not fitting the Giants' scheme. He's a disruptive one-gap penetrater who has the strength to hold up against the run. That's a Giants DT right there.

People keep trying to project him as a nose tackle and he's just not. He doesn't have the mass nor the length to eat up blocks in a 34, and likewise he doesn't have the length to be a 34 end. What he does have is elite strength, leverage and explosion going forward and surprising lateral agility.
    [/quote]

We sort of run a 3-4 scheme as far as principles go. Our scheme is not 1-gap, our lineman dont have the freedom to go up the field and guess gaps to attack like they did under sheridan. Fewell asks his defensive lineman to maintain and control their gap responsibilities. In order to do that you need length and mass like you said andPaea's arms/size are short. I love Paea, I think he has the best film out of all the DTs in this draft class not named Fairley and Dareus, but that size really really hurts him as an option for the giants. But we'll see, I'll be thrilled if we draft him

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BlueSanta"]not [quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We disagree here. The tape you show there is a bad offense to highlight a DT talent. Illinios spent most that game in a 3 man front.

Try the Ohio state game film where he had a lot more 1v1 matchups and had fantastic gap control.

The teams that see what they like in his film see a player great at controlling the person trying to block him, which is the most valuable thing a DT can do in a 43.
    [/quote]Ive watched 5 of his games including that one. I just made this tape yesterday so I was adding a comment with it.I see a starter in the NFL, but a Top 20 pick? I dont like him that high at all[/quote]

Well I completely disagree, no biggie tho we just dont see eye to eye on this guy. He isnt a guy who is going to knife through and get sacks as much, but he is a steady pusher up the middle who with balance and thrives in 1v1 situations. I would welcome him on this football team I think he is 1 of the more consistent runstopping DTs in the draft. And, as I said, thats a pretty bad video to highligh him on. A spread offense that barely runs the ball and had the defense in 3 DL situations means he is double teamed all game. People should see his ohio state highlights to get a better idea of what he can do in a typical 43 defense vs good competition.
    [/quote]

Yeah he is a good player but for me if Im getting a DT in the first 20 picks he better make plays behind the line.

[quote user="Neverend"]Damn I hate this 19th pick, can't remember a draft where I'm so undecided on who the giants should pick. Don't like liuget or wilkerson. Stephen Paea doesnt fit our scheme. Tyron smith will be long gone. etc[/quote] Ya, i feel ya... I actually think theres quite a few finds out there for the taking at 19, but i have pretty much no clue, who its going to be...lol

Just put it up

+ Reply to Thread