+ Reply to Thread
Page 162 of 562 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Greg Jones 6-1 224 MLB/WLB Jones has been the most productive of all these guys by far but he doesnt have the frameor speedthat that the UNC LB's have. I do have to admit his production was SUH like this year 154 tackles 9 sacks 14.0 TFL 8 QB hurries. I think he projects as a WLB but who knows he could still grow into his body. He isalright in man and zone coverage and has competitive speed but is not fast.He could of came out this year but I think he was smart to comeback he needs the added bulk. People might not agree with me because his numbers are so good but I dont think he is as good as the numbers wouldlead U to believe.While he is alright in coverage State doesnt use him in that role as he blitzes the QB on passing downs[/quote] What do u think of your analysis of Greg Jones from last APRIL of 2010?? THi is what i mean, its cool we can see stuff like this.. U hit some things on the head, my friend, also agreeing with me on a few things though, that u dissagre with me now, about... Very cool, stuff
    [/quote]

U know whats funny? I criticized him in the beginning of the year him for being to small and now I criticize him for getting to stiff because of the extra weight. LOL. I may be a little harsh sometimes with these guys I should reign it in a little.Usually when I dont like a guy Im saying I dont like where there being projected.I didnt like the value in the Top 100 like his rating but I do love the pick a lot for where we got him. Now that hes a Giant Im happy about the pick.

i posted this in 2 other spots but whatever

[/quote]

Hes really good at shedding blocks, especially for someone who has a reputation for being undersized. sometimes he struggled to locate the ball and i wish his short area tackling was more explosive but looks like a good player and a very solid athlete. Hopefully he turns out to be a great special teams player

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Greg Jones 6-1 224 MLB/WLB Jones has been the most productive of all these guys by far but he doesnt have the frameor speedthat that the UNC LB's have. I do have to admit his production was SUH like this year 154 tackles 9 sacks 14.0 TFL 8 QB hurries. I think he projects as a WLB but who knows he could still grow into his body. He isalright in man and zone coverage and has competitive speed but is not fast.He could of came out this year but I think he was smart to comeback he needs the added bulk. People might not agree with me because his numbers are so good but I dont think he is as good as the numbers wouldlead U to believe.While he is alright in coverage State doesnt use him in that role as he blitzes the QB on passing downs[/quote] What do u think of your analysis of Greg Jones from last APRIL of 2010?? THi is what i mean, its cool we can see stuff like this.. U hit some things on the head, my friend, also agreeing with me on a few things though, that u dissagre with me now, about... Very cool, stuff
    [/quote]

U know whats funny? I criticized him in the beginning of the year him for being to small and now I criticize him for getting to stiff because of the extra weight. LOL. I may be a little harsh sometimes with these guys I should reign it in a little.Usually when I dont like a guy Im saying I dont like where there being projected.I didnt like the value in the Top 100 like his rating but I do love the pick a lot for where we got him. Now that hes a Giant Im happy about the pick.

[/quote] Ya, i would of been happy with Greg Jones anywhere from 3rd round and beyond.. I just think hes gonna become a real fan favorite around here.. I think he'll move around the LB spots depending on the personel we have out there and situation, mostly settling into the middle, but none the less, moving around at times, and just making energy plays..

As for the video, one things for sure, the kids fast.. He also plays with alot of energy, and the guys who have some talent, and really enjoy playing, and are constantly showing energy, are the guys you find are involved in alot of plays.. I like that Williams pick more and more, the more i learn.. I think he'd of been going alot higher then COMP picks of RD 6, with a 2nd yr of starting, so just like anything, when you see guys that as Jr's perdicted to be say a 4th rounder, come back and play well, and become 2nd rders or 1st, you essentially are gettign that a Yr early.. I don't know if u understood that, or not??LOL Sometimes i wish i could just talk to you..lol Anyhow, with Dillard, Jones, the Williams kid, and Sintim and Tracy coming back from injury, and Goff, we do have a nice group of Young LB's to compete against eachother and try to find a solid unit, and depth... I don't think Goffs played his best football either..Were really getting some good charechter guys at LB as well...
    [/quote]

the think i like about jones is he is very instinctual.If he is even half as productive he was in college we will have a good player

[/quote] Do u think as a Group, were starting to assemble a nice group of LB's, overall? Dillard is kinda not talked about, but was hurt last yr, and has a yr learning under his belt now, and he could end up being a decent player.. I was one of the few that didn't mind the pick last yr...
    Dillard is another guy that i think will end up solitifying our ST unit, as we look better and better with our personel in that area, and also , has solid speed for the positon, and like Jones, is versatile enough, where if Goff wins the MLB job for the next couple yrs, we should be able to still get these guys on the field some... I'm looking forward to seeing Dillard healthy for a stretch, and seeing what he learned in a yr... Also, Tracy showed some promise, and u know i liked him alot, so i'm exctied to see if he can make a impression.. Anyway, enough rambeling, are u starting to like the LB group were putting together?
    [/quote]

I think Goff had a good first year starting. Joneswith how he has bulked up is a better fit as a MLB though.Hehas very good instincts and is that vocal leader that I think teams need at that spot. Goff could play outside though as well so I dont think it matters much. I just wish we got Sintim to be a productive player. If he ended up as a legitimate starter this team would be in good shape. It should be interesting to see how these guys progress. I would like the team to go with the younger guys at the position. Get rid of Wilkerson and Bullock and Get Tracy and Jones out there. I like how this Williams kid looks in coverage although its probably unlikely he makes the 53 man roster.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="gmen0820"]Let's get a 2012 ready.[/quote]Okay I was not sure should I keep this thread and change the title*or start a new one

Here are some QB vids I did the other day that*I didn t post on here

[/quote]Best bet is changing the title and making a note to start at page 108 about, or whatever page you really start it up on. Maybe even provide the link to that page. This is good stuff in here, and should be kept.

Started early last year and I still am intrigued with Dont'a Hightower. I really like this kid.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Ya, i would of been happy with Greg Jones anywhere from 3rd round and beyond.. I just think hes gonna become a real fan favorite around here.. I think he'll move around the LB spots depending on the personel we have out there and situation, mostly settling into the middle, but none the less, moving around at times, and just making energy plays..

As for the video, one things for sure, the kids fast.. He also plays with alot of energy, and the guys who have some talent, and really enjoy playing, and are constantly showing energy, are the guys you find are involved in alot of plays.. I like that Williams pick more and more, the more i learn.. I think he'd of been going alot higher then COMP picks of RD 6, with a 2nd yr of starting, so just like anything, when you see guys that as Jr's perdicted to be say a 4th rounder, come back and play well, and become 2nd rders or 1st, you essentially are gettign that a Yr early.. I don't know if u understood that, or not??LOL Sometimes i wish i could just talk to you..lol Anyhow, with Dillard, Jones, the Williams kid, and Sintim and Tracy coming back from injury, and Goff, we do have a nice group of Young LB's to compete against eachother and try to find a solid unit, and depth... I don't think Goffs played his best football either..Were really getting some good charechter guys at LB as well...
    [/quote]

the think i like about jones is he is very instinctual.If he is even half as productive he was in college we will have a good player

[/quote] Do u think as a Group, were starting to assemble a nice group of LB's, overall? Dillard is kinda not talked about, but was hurt last yr, and has a yr learning under his belt now, and he could end up being a decent player.. I was one of the few that didn't mind the pick last yr...
    Dillard is another guy that i think will end up solitifying our ST unit, as we look better and better with our personel in that area, and also , has solid speed for the positon, and like Jones, is versatile enough, where if Goff wins the MLB job for the next couple yrs, we should be able to still get these guys on the field some... I'm looking forward to seeing Dillard healthy for a stretch, and seeing what he learned in a yr... Also, Tracy showed some promise, and u know i liked him alot, so i'm exctied to see if he can make a impression.. Anyway, enough rambeling, are u starting to like the LB group were putting together?
    [/quote]

I think Goff had a good first year starting. Joneswith how he has bulked up is a better fit as a MLB though.Hehas very good instincts and is that vocal leader that I think teams need at that spot. Goff could play outside though as well so I dont think it matters much. I just wish we got Sintim to be a productive player. If he ended up as a legitimate starter this team would be in good shape. It should be interesting to see how these guys progress. I would like the team to go with the younger guys at the position. Get rid of Wilkerson and Bullock and Get Tracy and Jones out there. I like how this Williams kid looks in coverage although its probably unlikely he makes the 53 man roster.

[/quote] I think that williams kid, is a very sound tackler.. These LB"s that drop into coverege, normally look liike williams, able to make a play at times, but overall, there LB"s...lol Most LB's are not that good in Coverege, and Williams showed the ability to on occasion make a play from what i've seen, but also as any LB is gonna be in coverege, hes gonna be easily beatable as well, thats why i don't think the Giants put this monster premium in LB's that can cover, because overall, LB's aren't gonna be able to cover most WR's or RB's outta the backfield,no matter who they are....

Hell of a draft fellas. Even if only half of these picks pan out to their full potential, It'll still go down as one of the best in a long time. From top to bottom, JR and Co. played their cards right, and hit on damn near every pick. A+ Draft IMO-

1) Amukamara, CB- Easily a top 10 pick, absolute steal at 19.

2) Austin, DT- Will command double teams and open up gaps for LBers/DB's to shoot through to get to the ball and will punish teams for passing on him. Could easily been taken in the 1st round if not for the party in South Beach. Great value at pick 52-

3) Jernigan, WR- Speedball, slot receiver w/ special teams ability. Jernigan should have been off the board in the 2nd. Explosive/Dynamic playmaker who will excel in the slot and/or special teams.

4) Brewer, OT- Don't know much about this guy, but it's no secret that the Giants O-Line could use the help.

6a) Jones, LB- How and why Greg Jones fell all the way to the 6th round is beyond me. I can see Jones starting at MLB by the end of the season. Huge steal here IMO and also addressed a big need at LB.

6b) Sash, S- Another great value pick for a position that could use some depth. 200 plus tackles and 13 picks in 3 years (watch out MJ).

6c) Williams, LB- JUCO transfer w/ good size/speed combo. Not sure how he'll pan out, but he should provide some much needed help on special teams.

7) Scott, RB- 4 star recruit out of HS and did not disappoint while at Maryland. One of the better receiving backs in the draft. Should be interesting to see how the Giants use him.

And what do u know, yet another A grade for are draft... What a freaking draft, and everyone in the world knows it.. How anyone can not give the GIANTS a A, A-, or A+ is beyond me...

This is Rob Rangs grade.. Notice the comments about Greg JOnes...Forget our team, hes talking about greg jones being biggest steal of the whole dang draft, and i agree.

New York Giants: A-

The Giants allowed the draft to come to them, exercising the "best
    player available" strategy to perfection. Cornerback wasn't a
    primary area of concern, but Prince Amukamara
    at No. 19 was simply too good to pass up. His lack of flashy
    plays as a senior caused him to slip, but he'll prove well worth
    the pick in the long run. Though I have reservations about Marvin Austin's
    work ethic, at No. 52, the first-round caliber athlete from North
    Carolina certainly made sense -- especially considering how much
    the Giants value defensive linemen. Possessing electric speed and
    the versatility to contribute in the slot and as a punt returner, Jerrell Jernigan
    will quickly emerge as a fan favorite. If you're looking for a
    candidate to emerge as the biggest steal of the draft, keep
    Michigan State linebacker Greg Jones
    in mind.
    Playing heavier as a senior than he did earlier in his
    previous three seasons as a starter, Jones wasn't as effective in
    2010 and dropped much further than he should have. He'll emerge as
    a starter for the Giants early in his career -- quite a value
    considering he was the No. 185 overall pick of the draft. Only my
    reservations about Austin's dependability keeps the Giants from
    getting an elite grade.

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hes really good at shedding blocks, especially for someone who has a reputation for being undersized. sometimes he struggled to locate the ball and i wish his short area tackling was more explosive but looks like a good player and a very solid athlete. Hopefully he turns out to be a great special teams player

[/quote]really?i thought he was excellent at loacating the ball in that video and his reaction time was amazing imo.

2012 already....

What about Justin Blackmon and Alshon Jefferey....

Good receivers next year....Better than Green/Julio IMO...

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]really?i thought he was excellent at loacating the ball in that video and his reaction time was amazing imo.
    [/quote]

He made a mistake 1-2 times in locating the ball, but its not abig deal, I'm nit-picking. I thought his reactionary time was solid, but not nate irving/greg jonesamazing however

+ Reply to Thread