+ Reply to Thread
Page 172 of 562 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]I've been outta commish for a bit while i was moving and switching internet service, was wondering if anyone knows anything about COMP PICKS for Boss/Smith/Cofield???
    [/quote]

Wondering where u have been. I was looking for advice on a 2012 Mock Draft for Draftcountdown .I was looking at Texas vs UCLA last night. I never saw the game. Ayers was fantastic, very impressive game tape. I can really appreciate how difficult it is to scout players. If U dont watch the right gametapes u dont get the complete picture

Ive been trying to calculate that myself. The number 1 thing they use is contract but playing time and awards do factor in as well. The stick in the mud in this is Steve Smith. I just dont know what there going to value him as because of his injury. We may only get a 6th rounder for him because of the contract when in reality he was worth much more before he was hurt. Im guessing that Coefield would fetch a 3rd, Boss probably a 4th or 5th but Baas is a borderline 3 or 4. If i was to guess i think at the moment we will receive a 3rd and a 6th

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I've been outta commish for a bit while i was moving and switching internet service, was wondering if anyone knows anything about COMP PICKS for Boss/Smith/Cofield???
    [/quote]

from what I understand, based on contracts/playing time, we should get some for Cofield and Boss. Smith's injury, and signing Baas might limit it to two picks, but we could wind up with a 3rd and 4th.

Just imagine this past draft with two 3's and two 4's rather than three 6's.

0_0
    [/quote] ya, it would be great.. Next yrs draft will be very exciting with a couple more mid picks..

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]I've been outta commish for a bit while i was moving and switching internet service, was wondering if anyone knows anything about COMP PICKS for Boss/Smith/Cofield???
    [/quote]

Wondering where u have been. I was looking for advice on a 2012 Mock Draft for Draftcountdown .I was looking at Texas vs UCLA last night. I never saw the game. Ayers was fantastic, very impressive game tape.

Ive been trying to calculate that myself. The number 1 thing they use is contract but playing time and awards do factor in as well. The stick in the mud in this is Steve Smith. I just dont know what there going to value him as because of his injury. We may only get a 6th rounder for him because of the contract when in reality he was worth much more before he was hurt. Im guessing that Coefield would fetch a 3rd, Boss probably a 4th or 5th but Baas is a borderline 3 or 4. If i was to guess i think at the moment we will receive a 3rd and a 6th

[/quote] Sounds solid.. Reese can kill it with a extra 3rd, and if he wants, gives him ammo to move up and grab another 2nd if he so feels...

By the way... Its good to be back!!!lol Missed my football buddies!

Veteran

Just curious, does Courtny Upshaw ever drop into coverage?

I love his closing burst, his hustle, and special teams work. However, he's ALWAYS on the line... he's Kiwi 2.0

I'm kinda doubting that they take a LB unless he's a great value... I think the LB's are going to improve this year.

Maybe DL, (one of the North Carolina DE's would be amazing), WR (I'd still love to get Jeffery), RB if value presents... maybe a Safety if there are any good ones this year.

Veteran

Also, how does everybody think the potential nuking of The Hurricanes (because I think the NCAA has painted themselves into a corner where they will feel they NEED to use the death penalty on The U), will affect the draft?

[quote user="Raptor22"]Also, how does everybody think the potential nuking of The Hurricanes (because I think the NCAA has painted themselves into a corner where they will feel they NEED to use the death penalty on The U), will affect the draft?

[/quote]

These are some of the worst accusations Ive seen for NCAA football. Money, cars, jewelry, prostitutes, hotel rooms, televisions and trips on yachts. This will probably be worse then the last time they got in trouble. This suspension could push them back at least 5 years maybe 10. By the time they are allowed to recover schools like South Florida and UCF who are on the rise will have a very strong foothold in the talent rich Miami- West Palm Beacharea. Those 2 programs should get a huge influx of talent from this. Dont be surprised to see these schools be fixtures in the Top 20 from Now on.

[quote user="Raptor22"]Just curious, does Courtny Upshaw ever drop into coverage?

I love his closing burst, his hustle, and special teams work. However, he's ALWAYS on the line... he's Kiwi 2.0

I'm kinda doubting that they take a LB unless he's a great value... I think the LB's are going to improve this year.

Maybe DL, (one of the North Carolina DE's would be amazing), WR (I'd still love to get Jeffery), RB if value presents... maybe a Safety if there are any good ones this year.
    [/quote] There is alot of value with LB though... I mean, Zach Brown/Kuelechy, Burfict/Te'o and Trav Lewis... I guess they could wait, but theres a nice crop right there... But, who knows...

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"]Just curious, does Courtny Upshaw ever drop into coverage?

[/quote] There is alot of value with LB though... I mean, Zach Brown/Kuelechy, Burfict/Te'o and Trav Lewis... I guess they could wait, but theres a nice crop right there... But, who knows...
    [/quote]

Oh, I agree. if one of those guys falls to the Giants, I think they'll take one, but if it comes between Coples and one of them... (actually, with his injuries and lack of size, Lewis may be had in the 2nd... that would make for an AWESOME draft)

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"]Just curious, does Courtny Upshaw ever drop into coverage?

[/quote]

Oh, I agree. if one of those guys falls to the Giants, I think they'll take one, but if it comes between Coples and one of them... (actually, with his injuries and lack of size, Lewis may be had in the 2nd... that would make for an AWESOME draft)
    [/quote] Ya, his injury going into this yr might bite Travis Lewis in the rear, but i've watched that kid enough to realize hes the type of player i like! I actually wanted Travis Lewis this past yr in the first ROUND well before the draft appraoched obviously... The kid is a playmaker, that gets involved, and seems to always be around the ball.. I picture Travis Lewis and Fewell as a match made in heaven...

I think Trav Lewis would be the perfect replacement for Boley when the time comes, and i think Trav Lewis does the kinda things we envisioned Boley doing when we signed em... If we could steal Travis Lewis in the 2nd round, i'd be amped and surprised...

All this said, i've been saying all offseason that i really like what Reese has done with this LB unit, and how hes brought together what i feel is a strong unit, about to really explode onto the scene this season.. Getting guys like Tracy in RD 6 and Greg Jones in RD 6, and Goff in rd 5, and Dillard in 4...etc All these guys were bigtime players on there teams in college, and fell because of suspect reasons, and reese was there waiting... Trav would be the final piece to the puzzle...

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"]Just curious, does Courtny Upshaw ever drop into coverage?

[/quote]

[/quote] Ya, his injury going into this yr might bite Travis Lewis in the rear, but i've watched that kid enough to realize hes the type of player i like! I actually wanted Travis Lewis this past yr in the first ROUND well before the draft appraoched obviously... The kid is a playmaker, that gets involved, and seems to always be around the ball.. I picture Travis Lewis and Fewell as a match made in heaven...

I think Trav Lewis would be the perfect replacement for Boley when the time comes, and i think Trav Lewis does the kinda things we envisioned Boley doing when we signed em... If we could steal Travis Lewis in the 2nd round, i'd be amped and surprised...

All this said, i've been saying all offseason that i really like what Reese has done with this LB unit, and how hes brought together what i feel is a strong unit, about to really explode onto the scene this season.. Getting guys like Tracy in RD 6 and Greg Jones in RD 6, and Goff in rd 5, and Dillard in 4...etc All these guys were bigtime players on there teams in college, and fell because of suspect reasons, and reese was there waiting... Trav would be the final piece to the puzzle...
    [/quote]

Those guys falling is another reason why they may not take a linebacker in the 1st... why take a guy in the 1st when he's going to fall to the 2nd or 3rd?

Linebackers are kinda turning into the TE's of the defense (certainly for 43 teams). Yeah a good/great one is important, but there are much more important positions... its a 2nd round position now. (yes, I realize Miller went 2nd overall this year, but that's because of his passrushing ability, not overall linebacking.)

From what I've seen, I kinda think Upshaw is the first LB off the board (I'm thinking San Fran or Buffalo), just because he can get to the passer.

+ Reply to Thread