+ Reply to Thread
Page 177 of 562 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] Ya, i'm thinking based off only the one week we've seen so far, which isn't a whole lot to go with, that the GIANTS could(hopefully not), be a 10th-12th picking team in this yrs draft... If that were true(hopefully not), then the handful of guys this very early on i'd be thinking alot about(of course could change through season) are

Vontaze Burfict LB Arz St- As much as i love goff, this guy is just a animal!

Alshon Jeffery wr s.carolina- If he were to make it to us, it'd be very hard to not pair him with Hakeem, plus Hakeem seems brittle, and Mario is a FA soon(right?), and we don't have much after that, unless barden comes back soon and shows us what hes made of..

Dre Kirkpatrick CB Bama- Teaming Kirkpatrick with Prince, would be something, and possibly re-sign TT for cheap because of his injury... WOW! Then were talking!

Matt Kalil OT U.S.C- Our Oline looked wretched, and even though we got some nice young players there in Petrus and Brewer, we still could go get a OT early on to really try and solidify the positon and depth...

Jonathan Martin OT Stanford- See Kalil....
    [/quote]

First, I don't want to make any pronouncements about the O-line based on one game. They've got the best O-line coach in the business, and I really do think they'll gel into a force to be reckoned with by week 3. Familiarity and trust is the only thing lacking at the moment, and that ain't going to be solved in the draft.

That being said, I do believe JR will take an OL somewhere in the mid rounds (3-5). Some 1st or 2nd round guy guy who fell after the big-name linemen were snapped up early, and then teams moved on to flashier positions like WR or RB.

I'd LOVE to get Jeffery. He and Nicks would be an absolute FORCE together. Could anyone imagine a 3-wide set with some combination of Nicks, Jeffery, Thomas, and Barden? That's also a lot of physicality for the running game as well.

Burfict would bring a mentality to the Giants D that they haven't had since the 80's. However, he's a BIG risk in NYC, and also as cautious as the refs are about hits, a vicious 10yrd sack won't do a damn bit of good if they hand out a 15yrd penalty and 1st down. It wouldn't surprise me if Burfict drops because of his "character" concerns... just look at Prince, and the only knock on him was a "quirky" sense of humor.

If the Giants pick somewhere in the 20's (either through trading down, or pulling it together and making a run), they may very well STILL have a shot at Burfict, and the choice may be between him and Jeff Fuller (who I'm quite high on at the moment... I see a lot of Nicks in him, except he's even bigger).

In fact, since there are some good, maybe even great QB's coming out this year, we could see a situation like this past draft where some great talent gets pushed down in favor of maybe reaching for a QB.

How tough would the choice be between Burfict, Fuller, Mike Martin, and Donta Paige-Moss?
    [/quote] Burfict is gonna go top 10... I would be surprised if he makes it to 10th overall pick, to be totally honest.. Hes a diffrence maker, a Patrick WIllis/Rey Lewis type player, having a full skill set to boot, not lagging in any area... WIth a full season of no trouble, i think he'll be fine by draft time... Burficts Draft stock is on the rise, his play is speaking volumes!

I love Jeff Fuller as well, and would be fine getting Fuller if we picked at the end of RD 1.. The thing is though, that there is a ton of ridiculous WR's, so we might be able to wait untill rd 3 and still pull off a Dwight Jones or a Devier Posey, Nick Toon, Marvin McNutt, Chris Owusu...etc And in Rd 2, u might be able to snag a Mahhumed Sanu, Juron Criner, or Ryan Broyles... Its a amazing draft for WR's, with depth galour..

As far as our Oline, u gotta remember, Kareem Mckenzie is at the end of the line, and outside of Brewer and Beatty, we don't have much there... I would like to see another stout OT brought in, and if a Johnathan Martin or Ryan Kalil are there, then we must think hard about it..

One more guy that excites me is Luke Kuechly.. This dude is also a nice fit for the Giants... I'd be very excited to have him on the team, and i would have no problem if we pick in the 20's, giving Chase Minnifeild a looksy....

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] Ya, i'm thinking based off only the one week we've seen so far, which isn't a whole lot to go with, that the GIANTS could(hopefully not), be a 10th-12th picking team in this yrs draft... If that were true(hopefully not), then the handful of guys this very early on i'd be thinking alot about(of course could change through season) are

Alshon Jeffery wr s.carolina- If he were to make it to us, it'd be very hard to not pair him with Hakeem, plus Hakeem seems brittle, and Mario is a FA soon(right?), and we don't have much after that, unless barden comes back soon and shows us what hes made of..

Dre Kirkpatrick CB Bama- Teaming Kirkpatrick with Prince, would be something, and possibly re-sign TT for cheap because of his injury... WOW! Then were talking!

Matt Kalil OT U.S.C- Our Oline looked wretched, and even though we got some nice young players there in Petrus and Brewer, we still could go get a OT early on to really try and solidify the positon and depth...

[/quote]

First, I don't want to make any pronouncements about the O-line based on one game. They've got the best O-line coach in the business, and I really do think they'll gel into a force to be reckoned with by week 3. Familiarity and trust is the only thing lacking at the moment, and that ain't going to be solved in the draft.

That being said, I do believe JR will take an OL somewhere in the mid rounds (3-5). Some 1st or 2nd round guy guy who fell after the big-name linemen were snapped up early, and then teams moved on to flashier positions like WR or RB.

I'd LOVE to get Jeffery. He and Nicks would be an absolute FORCE together. Could anyone imagine a 3-wide set with some combination of Nicks, Jeffery, Thomas, and Barden? That's also a lot of physicality for the running game as well.

Burfict would bring a mentality to the Giants D that they haven't had since the 80's. However, he's a BIG risk in NYC, and also as cautious as the refs are about hits, a vicious 10yrd sack won't do a damn bit of good if they hand out a 15yrd penalty and 1st down. It wouldn't surprise me if Burfict drops because of his "character" concerns... just look at Prince, and the only knock on him was a "quirky" sense of humor.

If the Giants pick somewhere in the 20's (either through trading down, or pulling it together and making a run), they may very well STILL have a shot at Burfict, and the choice may be between him and Jeff Fuller (who I'm quite high on at the moment... I see a lot of Nicks in him, except he's even bigger).

In fact, since there are some good, maybe even great QB's coming out this year, we could see a situation like this past draft where some great talent gets pushed down in favor of maybe reaching for a QB.

How tough would the choice be between Burfict, Fuller, Mike Martin, and Donta Paige-Moss?
    [/quote] Burfict is gonna go top 10... I would be surprised if he makes it to 10th overall pick, to be totally honest.. Hes a diffrence maker, a Patrick WIllis/Rey Lewis type player, having a full skill set to boot, not lagging in any area... WIth a full season of no trouble, i think he'll be fine by draft time... Burficts Draft stock is on the rise, his play is speaking volumes!

I love Jeff Fuller as well, and would be fine getting Fuller if we picked at the end of RD 1.. The thing is though, that there is a ton of ridiculous WR's, so we might be able to wait untill rd 3 and still pull off a Dwight Jones or a Devier Posey, Nick Toon, Marvin McNutt, Chris Owusu...etc And in Rd 2, u might be able to snag a Mahhumed Sanu, Juron Criner, or Ryan Broyles... Its a amazing draft for WR's, with depth galour..

As far as our Oline, u gotta remember, Kareem Mckenzie is at the end of the line, and outside of Brewer and Beatty, we don't have much there... I would like to see another stout OT brought in, and if a Johnathan Martin or Ryan Kalil are there, then we must think hard about it..

One more guy that excites me is Luke Kuechly.. This dude is also a nice fit for the Giants... I'd be very excited to have him on the team, and i would have no problem if we pick in the 20's, giving Chase Minnifeild a looksy....
    [/quote]

Oh I LOVE Kuechly. Just imagine having him and a 100% Herz back together []. He fits the Giants D well. Great instincts, hits hard, covers well, and he's rarely out of control. Travis Lewis and Te'o too.

I think Burfict is going to be really tough to predict until the year's over. If he lapses at all, it could kill his stock. Like I said, just look at Prince. There were people saying he was the best cover corner in the draft (or at least very close behind Peterson), but he fell because GM's were worried about his sense of humor.

I completely agree that Burfict is a difference maker and can change the whole complexion of a defense... But GM's constantly and consistently talk themselves out of picking good players for asinine reasons: Prince's sense of humor, Greg Jones being an inch too short, Hakeem Nicks not having the speed of Britt or Hayward-Bay, Colt McCoys height... Whatever the hell the reason is that Aaron Rogers fell.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of GM's (particularly ones on fragile/rebuilding teams) look at Burfict's aggression/reckless play and feel that the risks outweigh the rewards, and go for a guy like Zach Brown, Hightower, Upshaw, Te'o, Lewis, or Kuechly (damn there's a lot of good LB's coming up)

Regardless, it'd be a hell of a thing to suddenly be stacked at LB over the course of 2 seasons after being pretty pathetic for the better part of 15 years.

And I do agree about RT. I just don't see Reese grabbing a high round guy if the drop off isn't too great.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] Ya, i'm thinking based off only the one week we've seen so far, which isn't a whole lot to go with, that the GIANTS could(hopefully not), be a 10th-12th picking team in this yrs draft... If that were true(hopefully not), then the handful of guys this very early on i'd be thinking alot about(of course could change through season) are

[/quote]

[/quote] Ive gone through a lot of Burfict tape and the thing I see a lot ofis poor angles. He misplays a lot of runs that end up deep into the secondary because he is completly undisciplined. He will attack a runner with no regard.Will either just run right by the runner or take off into the air trying to spear the guy and miss completly. Theres a lot I like on Burficts tape. When he plays disciplined, He is a very special player. I could see him falling like ReyMaualuga into the 2nd round. Im not sure how Scouts are going to grade a Mike LB that isnt disciplined and cant stay in properposition. I dont know. Maybeive watched so much tape on him im going out of my way to see things wrong

All-Pro

DE WR OT CB and call me an idiot for this one...QB could all be our 1st round pick, and if we have a new staff bringing in a 3-4, a LBer is also very much in the mix.

It's obviously only the first game so alot of needs are going to change but I will say this, we really need Osi to come back and have a ridiculous year so we can rob someone in a trade because we really need to start stocking up on picks.

Dwayne Allen of Clemson looks to be the best complete TE in the draft. He just made an outstanding TD grab in the back of the endzone against Auburn. Guy looked like a PF going up and getting that ball. I still like George Bryan value wise but Allen is pretty damn good

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Dwayne Allen of Clemson looks to be the best complete TE in the draft. He just made an outstanding TD grab in the back of the endzone against Auburn.* Guy looked like a PF going up and getting that ball. I still like George Bryan value wise but Allen is pretty damn good[/quote]Yep another guy I was raving about last year how about Watkins? Really love that kids quickness n speed. Reminds me of desean. Clemson has quite a de guys I like

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Dwayne Allen of Clemson looks to be the best complete TE in the draft. He just made an outstanding TD grab in the back of the endzone against Auburn. Guy looked like a PF going up and getting that ball. I still like George Bryan value wise but Allen is pretty damn good[/quote]Yep another guy I was raving about last year how about Watkins? Really love that kids quickness n speed. Reminds me of desean. Clemson has quite a de guys I like[/quote] Allen is having a very strong game I will make this vid. Bunch of good TE's in the MSU Notre Dame game

wow what a diving int by sensabaugh

Outstanding Interception by Lavonte David. Lined up over the TE on the strongside. Tracked him across the field in man coverage stepped up in front of the TE and picked it off.

Here is a question for ya Redeye? U know i'm all about sleepers and what not and i was wondering if u thought TRENT STEELAN whos running all over Northwestern right now could be a Julian Edelman type player in the nfl?

+ Reply to Thread