+ Reply to Thread
Page 212 of 562 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]My power went out missed all the games.saw the first half of the nb msu game[/quote] I was disspointed in this weekends games.. I wanted to see a bit of crisp ball, and felt i didn't get that much at all.. Oh well, i'm over it..

Anyhow, its time for the Weekly Mock.. Its been 2wks because of the BYE, and all though we WON, i sure didn't feel like that for much of the afternoon, and again, there is a lot that needs working out.. I will say, unless the GIANTS go like 7-2 , they should start fresh with coaches next yr.. Its just time... We need to start with a fresh regime.. I'm really impressed with Rob Chudzinski OC Panthers.. Just a new name i am throwing out there from the assistant ranks.. Hes done great with CAM, and mixing Run with Pass, and really exelerating the learning curve for Cam... I like a few others, but hes now on my radar to go with Brian Van Gorder DC Falcons, Clarence Shelmon OC Chargers, Bill O'brien OC Pats, Mike Zimmer DC Bengals, and Kirk Ferentz HC Iowa... I would take Bill Cowher, but wonder if the Money is gonna be worth it.. I say take a shot on a young OC or Ferentz(hes a really good coach!), and lets go..

Anyways, i'm saying were picking 26th this week, as i think we'd move up a slot on NO, and were 25th as of now... I'm giving us a 4th round Comp pick this week, because we should get one for either boss or cofield.. I will not add the other, because i really don't know if we'll get 2 or not..

1. Michael Brewster C Ohio St- I'm really beggining to think this guy would be the smart pick.. We gotta get better at running between the Guards and Center, and Baas can go back to G or whatever, or Decastro is another option.. I just Think Brewster would really make our Run Game better in the middle...

2. Chris Polk RB Washington- I know we need some defense, but in this mock i'm hoping guys like TT, Goff, Austin, and Amukumura are some key additions to the new season, along with another yr under the belts of guys like Joseph, JPP, and Jaquian WIlliams.. Jacobs is talking about being outta here after this yr(see ya!), and we could use the upgrade anyways, as i said we gotta get better in the wear and tear, up the gut run game... Polk can catch some as well.. Hes a tough runner...

3. Markelle Martin S Oklahoma St- We need some speed in the secondary, and Martin has that with a nice ability in the run game(which giants love) and he can cover.. He hasen't made a ton of huge game changing plays, but hes defended enough passes(ESPN records have 7) and he can lay the lumber... Martin has a nice overall skill set, with speed, which our secondary can use a shot of..Deon Grant is terrible, and who knows about Chad Jones?

4. Derek Wolfe DT Cincy- a playmaker at the DT positon... Could use one more DT for the rotation to go with Austin and Joseph going forward...

4(comp) Cameron Chism CB Maryland- I've been follwing him for a couple yrs now, and Chism has a nice skill set with size, speed and some ball skills... I think he could develop into a quality starter or nice depth.. Chism reminds me of a Giant CB..

5. B.J Cunningham WR Michigan St- A really solid player with quality size and nice resume.. Not a total burner, but can get deep, and has quality hands.. Has been huge part of the success State has had over past couple yrs and seems to have the "it" factor and with Mario Mannihgams future unknown and Barden being so injury prone, its not such a bad idea adding a player at the postion...

6. Chandler Harnish QB No Illinois- Just a developmental QB to take a chance on.. Harnish has done wonders for No Illinois, and can use his feet as well as his arm.. Kinda a similar player to a Tony Romo(lets hope not with the choke jean..lol)...

7. Phillip Lutzkerchin TE Auburn- Looks like a good old "football player".. Could iron out niche as 2nd TE in a 2 TE set and find a niche on the right team.. Lutzenkirchen is the type of player u look up one day, and say, "wow, hes been in league 7yrs all ready?"..lol A quality 7th rounder..
    [/quote]

I like it. 1st 3 rounds are all players I like for sure.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]My power went out missed all the games.saw the first half of the nb msu game[/quote] I was disspointed in this weekends games.. I wanted to see a bit of crisp ball, and felt i didn't get that much at all.. Oh well, i'm over it..

Anyhow, its time for the Weekly Mock.. Its been 2wks because of the BYE, and all though we WON, i sure didn't feel like that for much of the afternoon, and again, there is a lot that needs working out.. I will say, unless the GIANTS go like 7-2 , they should start fresh with coaches next yr.. Its just time... We need to start with a fresh regime.. I'm really impressed with Rob Chudzinski OC Panthers.. Just a new name i am throwing out there from the assistant ranks.. Hes done great with CAM, and mixing Run with Pass, and really exelerating the learning curve for Cam... I like a few others, but hes now on my radar to go with Brian Van Gorder DC Falcons, Clarence Shelmon OC Chargers, Bill O'brien OC Pats, Mike Zimmer DC Bengals, and Kirk Ferentz HC Iowa... I would take Bill Cowher, but wonder if the Money is gonna be worth it.. I say take a shot on a young OC or Ferentz(hes a really good coach!), and lets go..

Anyways, i'm saying were picking 26th this week, as i think we'd move up a slot on NO, and were 25th as of now... I'm giving us a 4th round Comp pick this week, because we should get one for either boss or cofield.. I will not add the other, because i really don't know if we'll get 2 or not..

1. Michael Brewster C Ohio St- I'm really beggining to think this guy would be the smart pick.. We gotta get better at running between the Guards and Center, and Baas can go back to G or whatever, or Decastro is another option.. I just Think Brewster would really make our Run Game better in the middle...

2. Chris Polk RB Washington- I know we need some defense, but in this mock i'm hoping guys like TT, Goff, Austin, and Amukumura are some key additions to the new season, along with another yr under the belts of guys like Joseph, JPP, and Jaquian WIlliams.. Jacobs is talking about being outta here after this yr(see ya!), and we could use the upgrade anyways, as i said we gotta get better in the wear and tear, up the gut run game... Polk can catch some as well.. Hes a tough runner...

3. Markelle Martin S Oklahoma St- We need some speed in the secondary, and Martin has that with a nice ability in the run game(which giants love) and he can cover.. He hasen't made a ton of huge game changing plays, but hes defended enough passes(ESPN records have 7) and he can lay the lumber... Martin has a nice overall skill set, with speed, which our secondary can use a shot of..Deon Grant is terrible, and who knows about Chad Jones?

4. Derek Wolfe DT Cincy- a playmaker at the DT positon... Could use one more DT for the rotation to go with Austin and Joseph going forward...

4(comp) Cameron Chism CB Maryland- I've been follwing him for a couple yrs now, and Chism has a nice skill set with size, speed and some ball skills... I think he could develop into a quality starter or nice depth.. Chism reminds me of a Giant CB..

5. B.J Cunningham WR Michigan St- A really solid player with quality size and nice resume.. Not a total burner, but can get deep, and has quality hands.. Has been huge part of the success State has had over past couple yrs and seems to have the "it" factor and with Mario Mannihgams future unknown and Barden being so injury prone, its not such a bad idea adding a player at the postion...

6. Chandler Harnish QB No Illinois- Just a developmental QB to take a chance on.. Harnish has done wonders for No Illinois, and can use his feet as well as his arm.. Kinda a similar player to a Tony Romo(lets hope not with the choke jean..lol)...

7. Phillip Lutzkerchin TE Auburn- Looks like a good old "football player".. Could iron out niche as 2nd TE in a 2 TE set and find a niche on the right team.. Lutzenkirchen is the type of player u look up one day, and say, "wow, hes been in league 7yrs all ready?"..lol A quality 7th rounder..
    [/quote]

I like it. 1st 3 rounds are all players I like for sure.
    [/quote] Thanks santa! Another guy i like but coulden't fit him in where i think he'll go Devon Still DT Penn St had another huge game against Illinois.. Still went for 3.5 TFL and a Sack.. Like i said about Cameron Chism reminding me of a GIANT type player, so does DEVON STILL...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]My power went out missed all the games.saw the first half of the nb msu game[/quote] I was disspointed in this weekends games.. I wanted to see a bit of crisp ball, and felt i didn't get that much at all.. Oh well, i'm over it..

[/quote]

i hated car oc at the beginning of the year. he was completely over using cam and completely ignoring he had 2 great rb's on his roster. he has been calling some great games the last few weeks though and, like you said, has been great with cam.

1.Peter Konz C Wisconsin.- I really dont know who i like more at this point Konz or Brewster but i think both are stellar day1 starters and bass has been a major disappointment. we have to get back to rushing the ball and we can ony do that if we have quality olinemen. (alt-janoris jenkins CB)

2.Lucas Nix OG Pitt- i know there is no way this happens but this is if i were picking so i dont want to hear it. Diehl has fallen off the map and if we add another big body to the interior of our line we might have a great young oline for years to come. lucas is big,strong, and very good in the run game. (Alt-melvin ingram de)

3.Desmond Trufant CB Wash- TT+Ross are in contract years and we need quality dbs to compete with gb and NO.

4.TY Hilton WR FIU- this kid is amazing and think there is a great chance he will be long gone but im going off cbs rankings so,eff it.

4.Antonio Allen SS South Carolina

5.Tyler Neilsen OLB Iowa

6.Kellen Moore QB Boise- "experts" dont really like this kid for some reason (size) but if by some chance thise kid is still here he looks like a reese late round special.

7.Tydreke Powell DT UNC

Veteran

I still don't like drafting a C in the first, at least until Baas' contract runs out. I think Baas can become a rock in the middle of the line, and hasn't played poorly.

As I've said before, I think the problems with the line come down to Diehl and K-Mac. Diehl has sucked at G (at least from what I've seen), and this team really misses Suebert. He was the guy who got everybody going and gave the line its edge. K-Mac has gotten old REALLY fast (considering he was far and away the best RT in the league last year).

I'd rather see them grab one of those guards in the 2nd or 3rd who are 1st round talents but always slip through the cracks.

I think I'd like to see a WR or TE in the first. They have a glut of receivers, but none of them are consistent. I don't think we can ever count on Nicks to stay healthy, 'Rio is 'Rio, Cruz is still getting his legs under him. And, while I haven't given up on Barden, and am excited to see what JJ12 can do... The only consistent thing about the passing game is Eli.

TE is pretty self explanatory (Ballard + Dwayne Allen = potential awesome)

LaMicheal James would be hard to turn down too.

Oh, and on coaching, I kinda agree. I cannot knock the job that TC has done, but its starting to feel like "Its Time" (kinda like Favre's 2nd to last year. You get the chance to go out on a good note... before the universe takes a 2x4 to you). I want to see Fewell promoted, and then have Chip Kelly hired as OC. That could make for some exciting games.

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]My power went out missed all the games.saw the first half of the nb msu game[/quote] I was disspointed in this weekends games.. I wanted to see a bit of crisp ball, and felt i didn't get that much at all.. Oh well, i'm over it..*

Anyhow, its time for the Weekly Mock.. Its been 2wks because of the BYE, and all though we WON, i sure didn't feel like that for much of the afternoon, and again, there is a lot that needs working out.. I will say, unless the GIANTS go like 7-2 , they should start fresh with coaches next yr.. Its just time...* We need to start with a fresh regime.. I'm really impressed with Rob Chudzinski OC Panthers.. Just a new name i am throwing out there from the assistant ranks..* Hes done great with CAM, and mixing Run with Pass, and really exelerating the learning curve for* Cam... I like a few others, but hes now on my radar to go with* Brian Van Gorder DC Falcons,* Clarence Shelmon OC Chargers, Bill O'brien OC Pats, Mike Zimmer DC Bengals, and Kirk Ferentz HC Iowa... I would take Bill Cowher, but wonder if the Money is gonna be worth it.. I say take a shot on a young OC or Ferentz(hes a really good coach!), and lets go..

Anyways, i'm saying were picking 26th this week, as i think we'd move up a slot on NO, and were 25th as of now...* I'm giving us a 4th round Comp pick this week, because we should get one for either boss or cofield.. I will not add the other, because i really don't know if we'll get 2 or not..

1.* Michael Brewster C Ohio St- I'm really beggining to think this guy would be the smart pick.. We gotta get better at running between the Guards and Center, and Baas can go back to G or whatever, or Decastro is another option.. I just Think Brewster would really make our Run Game better in the middle...

2. Chris Polk RB Washington- I know we need some defense, but in this mock i'm hoping guys like TT, Goff, Austin, and Amukumura are some key additions to the new season, along with another yr under the belts of guys like Joseph, JPP, and Jaquian WIlliams.. Jacobs is talking about being outta here after this yr(see ya!), and we could use the upgrade anyways, as i said we gotta get better in* the wear and tear, up the gut run game... Polk can catch some as well.. Hes a tough runner...

7. Phillip Lutzkerchin TE Auburn- Looks like a good old "football player".. Could iron out niche as 2nd TE in a 2 TE set* and find a niche on the right team.. Lutzenkirchen is the type of player u look up one day, and say, "wow, hes been in league 7yrs all ready?"..lol* A quality 7th rounder..
    [/quote]

Rex Burkhead has a HUGE game !!!

3 touchdowns !!

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]My power went out missed all the games.saw the first half of the nb msu game[/quote] I was disspointed in this weekends games.. I wanted to see a bit of crisp ball, and felt i didn't get that much at all.. Oh well, i'm over it..

[/quote]

i hated car oc at the beginning of the year. he was completely over using cam and completely ignoring he had 2 great rb's on his roster. he has been calling some great games the last few weeks though and, like you said, has been great with cam.

1.Peter Konz C Wisconsin.- I really dont know who i like more at this point Konz or Brewster but i think both are stellar day1 starters and bass has been a major disappointment. we have to get back to rushing the ball and we can ony do that if we have quality olinemen. (alt-janoris jenkins CB)

2.Lucas Nix OG Pitt- i know there is no way this happens but this is if i were picking so i dont want to hear it. Diehl has fallen off the map and if we add another big body to the interior of our line we might have a great young oline for years to come. lucas is big,strong, and very good in the run game. (Alt-melvin ingram de)

3.Desmond Trufant CB Wash- TT+Ross are in contract years and we need quality dbs to compete with gb and NO.

4.TY Hilton WR FIU- this kid is amazing and think there is a great chance he will be long gone but im going off cbs rankings so,eff it.

4.Antonio Allen SS South Carolina

5.Tyler Neilsen OLB Iowa

6.Kellen Moore QB Boise- "experts" dont really like this kid for some reason (size) but if by some chance thise kid is still here he looks like a reese late round special.

7.Tydreke Powell DT UNC
    [/quote] I don't like putting in to many Jr's, because u never do know for sure if there gonna come out or not.. If Trufant goes back to school, he could end up being a 1st round pick next season.. Overall i like your draft though...

Burfict,teo,kuechly,brown 1st round.......BPA & a huge need,enough said....then CB,Center,RT,RB,S,TE,DT, in whatever order & assuming a few of those positions will be handled in FA...

has anyone watched the Tuesday night Game with No Illinois vs Toledo?? I have never seen worse defense then the No Illinois team..lol Its like the craziest thing i've ever seen.. Mind you, i am a Eric Page WR Toledo fan, and put him in the Sleeper thread weeks ago, but if u could see how bad the coverege and tackling is against this guy...LOL It is straight Putrid!!!!lol That might be being nice.. And to laugh about something even more funny, the No Illionis Coach keeps pooch kicking off in the 2nd half, like a total IDIOT and giving Toledo the ball at the 40, a team mind u they simply can't tackle or stop..LOL The No Illinois Defense and Coach are utterly embaressing to watch... College football is hard to stomach way to much..lol Theres just so much bad bad players and coaches..lol Even before i could get this post in, i just witnessed the worst so called tackle attempt ever by a No illinios player on a TOledo RB..lol

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]has anyone watched the Tuesday night Game with No Illinois vs Toledo?? I have never seen worse defense then the No Illinois team..lol Its like the craziest thing i've ever seen.. Mind you, i am a Eric Page WR Toledo fan, and put him in the Sleeper thread weeks ago, but if u could see how bad the coverege and tackling is against this guy...LOL It is straight Putrid!!!!lol That might be being nice.. And to laugh about something even more funny, the No Illionis Coach keeps pooch kicking off in the 2nd half, like a total IDIOT and giving Toledo the ball at the 40, a team mind u they simply can't tackle or stop..LOL The No Illinois Defense and Coach are utterly embaressing to watch... College football is hard to stomach way to much..lol Theres just so much bad bad players and coaches..lol Even before i could get this post in, i just witnessed the worst so called tackle attempt ever by a No illinios player on a TOledo RB..lol
    [/quote] Chandler Harnish is a absoulute guy i would take a chance on in RD 5-7 as a Developmental QB in this yrs draft.. He dosen't really have a cannon arm, but has nice touch, makes mostly smart decisions, and can run, plus solid accuracy.. Hes fun as heck to watch.. Eric Page could be the next Lance Moore(from same school)

Wow, the No Illinois coach just pooch kicked off again!!!LoL The No Illinois coach is mentally challenged..lol

+ Reply to Thread