+ Reply to Thread
Page 227 of 562 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 5613

Thread: A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

Anyone Watch The FSU Miami game? 5 draft eligible plays stood out to me: Lamar Miller showed some really nice north-south running. Sean Spence played very well at LB for Miami. Brandon Jenkins spent all day in the Miami backfield. Maybe, the best game was from Nigel Bradham prior to his ejection. Lastly, Greg Reid was electric as a returner. He had 1 punt return for a TD and a 2nd long return that was called back but was jaw dropping. He really is something else. He is a good corner too, but is unlikely to be much more than a nickelback because of his height.

On that Bradham ejection, I normally do not like Matt Millen in the booth at all, but he was very vocal about that call and I agreed with him 100%. Bradham didnt launch himself and he didnt use his helmet, nor did he hit the recievers head. All he did was stand his ground and lower his shoulder as the Miami QB led the WR right into him. Its no reason to eject a player and it shouldnt even be a penalty. I understand the need to protect defenseless players, but they need to make changes to the rules for offenses too if they really had players interest at heart. At least half the monster hits taking place on WR are the QBs or OCs fault for leading WRs in to defenders.

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]All right, i was a bit hard on luck tonight, when really his coach not just airing it out from start to finish agianst these guys was a huge mistake.. I think the coach stuck with the run to long, and of course, for some reason, Stanford players looked like flopping fish on the field, yet u didn't notice OREGON players slipping nearly as much.. A bunch of dropped passes really hurt Luck as well, all though he ended with good numbers, it wasen't his finest work when the game was still actually worth watching...
    [/quote]It's one game and it's not like the guy has Andre Johnson on the outside. Kid is still a beast[/quote] Should u have to have Andre Johnson on the outside in order to be a good QB? I mean, the guys got Chris Owusu and Coby Fleener and Griff Whalen, which is better then what most teams got catching the ball.. I mean, jeez, Owusu and Fleener should both be drafted by the 3rd and 4th round... Luck was not impressive untill the game was outta reach, and it may of been one game, but it was one game, against a rare "real" team for Luck... If u didn't notice, the first sentence in my last post was "i was a bit hard on luck"..lol Either way, he definetly showed a chink in his armor, and in my opinion, is a bit less of a superman type god that he was percieved today, then he was going into yesterday..

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]All right, i was a bit hard on luck tonight, when really his coach not just airing it out from start to finish agianst these guys was a huge mistake.. I think the coach stuck with the run to long, and of course, for some reason, Stanford players looked like flopping fish on the field, yet u didn't notice OREGON players slipping nearly as much.. A bunch of dropped passes really hurt Luck as well, all though he ended with good numbers, it wasen't his finest work when the game was still actually worth watching...
    [/quote]It's one game and it's not like the guy has Andre Johnson on the outside. Kid is still a beast[/quote] Should u have to have Andre Johnson on the outside in order to be a good QB? I mean, the guys got Chris Owusu and Coby Fleener and Griff Whalen, which is better then what most teams got catching the ball.. I mean, jeez, Owusu and Fleener should both be drafted by the 3rd and 4th round... Luck was not impressive untill the game was outta reach, and it may of been one game, but it was one game, against a rare "real" team for Luck... If u didn't notice, the first sentence in my last post was "i was a bit hard on luck"..lol Either way, he definetly showed a chink in his armor, and in my opinion, is a bit less of a superman type god that he was percieved today, then he was going into yesterday..
    [/quote]no but he has done a lot with a lot less, thats my point. I dont care if ppl think he is superman because any rational football fan knows what Luck is, a VERY talented, smart, QB

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Anyone Watch The FSU Miami game? 5 draft eligible plays stood out to me: Lamar Miller showed some really nice north-south running. Sean Spence played very well at LB for Miami. Brandon Jenkins spent all day in the Miami backfield. Maybe, the best game was from Nigel Bradham prior to his ejection. Lastly, Greg Reid was electric as a returner. He had 1 punt return for a TD and a 2nd long return that was called back but was jaw dropping. He really is something else. He is a good corner too, but is unlikely to be much more than a nickelback because of his height.

On that Bradham ejection, I normally do not like Matt Millen in the booth at all, but he was very vocal about that call and I agreed with him 100%. Bradham didnt launch himself and he didnt use his helmet, nor did he hit the recievers head. All he did was stand his ground and lower his shoulder as the Miami QB led the WR right into him. Its no reason to eject a player and it shouldnt even be a penalty. I understand the need to protect defenseless players, but they need to make changes to the rules for offenses too if they really had players interest at heart. At least half the monster hits taking place on WR are the QBs or OCs fault for leading WRs in to defenders.
    [/quote]no had to friggin work. glad to hear miller and spence looked good. was expecting more from spence this year but while he has been solid hasnt stood out like id hoped.

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]All right, i was a bit hard on luck tonight, when really his coach not just airing it out from start to finish agianst these guys was a huge mistake.. I think the coach stuck with the run to long, and of course, for some reason, Stanford players looked like flopping fish on the field, yet u didn't notice OREGON players slipping nearly as much.. A bunch of dropped passes really hurt Luck as well, all though he ended with good numbers, it wasen't his finest work when the game was still actually worth watching...
    [/quote]no but he has done a lot with a lot less, thats my point. I dont care if ppl think he is superman because any rational football fan knows what Luck is, a VERY talented, smart, QB
    [/quote] Actually, almost every rational football fan thought he was the best prospect to come along in a decade, and the most sure thing since sliced bread... Hes still a pretty darn sure thing, i'm just saying, he wasen't that impressive till that game was outta reach in my opinion. and hes got a ton of weapons, with a solid run game, and a bunch of really good weapons at the recieving positons.. Fleener, owusu, and whalen are about as good as weapons as you'll find, and u should win alot of games with those 3 and there running game, not to mention, 2 first round offfensive lineman protecting luck...

Veteran

So, the college season is starting to wind down, what do the (informal) positional rankings look like? (thanks to work taking up my Saturdays and Sundays, I haven't been able to watch any football [])

welp, a gutwrenching loss by our giants yesterday, where it seemed if we could of made one less mistake, or one less drop, we'd of gotten the W... Weather Cruz makes that catch that the next play lead to the ELI pick, or Mario makes catch that would of essentially tied the game, or Eli don't go back to cruz after the drop, and throw a lousy pick, or if Mario continues his route, maybe ELI don't throw another pick, or maybe if ELI puts more loft on that pass to nicks that fell at his feet, we do something on that drive.. SO many, What if's? Anyhow, we Lost, and this weeks mock, i got us falling from 28th last week, to 25th this week....

GIANTS 2012 MOCK DRAFT, PICKING 25th OVERALL..

1. Michael Webster C Ohio St- Again, with no middle running game, its becoming evidentally clear, we need a newer, fresher, ground pounding RB and strong interior run blocking, and picking this late in RD 1(as of now), i think its the best area to address.. WEBSTER is the pick to do just that, and in this scenario, Baas moves back to G next season...

2. Tj Mcdonald S U.S.C- I thought KP played well yesterday, but i still want more speed back there, and healthy knees, and maybe a few more impact plays, and if anything, Depth is needed... Mcdonald could be a really nice all around player as a pro...

3. Bernard Pierce RB Temple- I think Pierce falls a bit because of his being dinged up a bit this season, and not huge in the passing game, and i love this guy! If we can get Pierce this late in RD 3, i think it'd be a huge steal down the line, this is assuming he comes out, which i think he will.. Pierce could be our bigger, thunder back, who should be able to be a workhorse if needed, and get tough yards, and break one from time to time.. Hes very talented, and has had to do all his work this yr, with opposing defenses knowing exactly whos getting the ball most downs...

4. Cam Johnson DE Virginia- Probably a bit late for a pass rusher of johnson's caliber to go, but its at least possible, as hes dealt with some injuries, putting slight damper on his numbers, and every yr, we see guys fall that we thought woulden't, and Johnson as more of a 3rd round guy, could easily fall one round further..

5. Cameron Chism CB Maryland- I like him alot, and would be estatic to get him in RD 5.. Chism is a solid player, with measurables, and solid speed, and ballskills... Good RD 5 CB..

6. Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma St- A nice player to pickup for a Backup, as hes older and seasoned, and should be solid if sprung into play with a injury to manning, which seems to never happen.. Its still a bit early to worry about a future QB, so Weeden could possibly be our last "backup" QB we need to pick untill were picking our future QB for ELI...

7. Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio St- We struck gold with Ballard, maybe we try going to the Well one more time? Why not?

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]welp, a gutwrenching loss by our giants yesterday, where it seemed if we could of made one less mistake, or one less drop, we'd of gotten the W... Weather Cruz makes that catch that the next play lead to the ELI pick, or Mario makes catch that would of essentially tied the game, or Eli don't go back to cruz after the drop, and throw a lousy pick, or if Mario continues his route, maybe ELI don't throw another pick, or maybe if ELI puts more loft on that pass to nicks that fell at his feet, we do something on that drive.. SO many, What if's? Anyhow, we Lost, and this weeks mock, i got us falling from 28th last week, to 25th this week....

GIANTS 2012 MOCK DRAFT, PICKING 25th OVERALL..

1. Michael Webster C Ohio St- Again, with no middle running game, its becoming evidentally clear, we need a newer, fresher, ground pounding RB and strong interior run blocking, and picking this late in RD 1(as of now), i think its the best area to address.. WEBSTER is the pick to do just that, and in this scenario, Baas moves back to G next season...

2. Tj Mcdonald S U.S.C- I thought KP played well yesterday, but i still want more speed back there, and healthy knees, and maybe a few more impact plays, and if anything, Depth is needed... Mcdonald could be a really nice all around player as a pro...

3. Bernard Pierce RB Temple- I think Pierce falls a bit because of his being dinged up a bit this season, and not huge in the passing game, and i love this guy! If we can get Pierce this late in RD 3, i think it'd be a huge steal down the line, this is assuming he comes out, which i think he will.. Pierce could be our bigger, thunder back, who should be able to be a workhorse if needed, and get tough yards, and break one from time to time.. Hes very talented, and has had to do all his work this yr, with opposing defenses knowing exactly whos getting the ball most downs...

4. Cam Johnson DE Virginia- Probably a bit late for a pass rusher of johnson's caliber to go, but its at least possible, as hes dealt with some injuries, putting slight damper on his numbers, and every yr, we see guys fall that we thought woulden't, and Johnson as more of a 3rd round guy, could easily fall one round further..

5. Cameron Chism CB Maryland- I like him alot, and would be estatic to get him in RD 5.. Chism is a solid player, with measurables, and solid speed, and ballskills... Good RD 5 CB..

6. Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma St- A nice player to pickup for a Backup, as hes older and seasoned, and should be solid if sprung into play with a injury to manning, which seems to never happen.. Its still a bit early to worry about a future QB, so Weeden could possibly be our last "backup" QB we need to pick untill were picking our future QB for ELI...

7. Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio St- We struck gold with Ballard, maybe we try going to the Well one more time? Why not?
    [/quote]

1.Luke Kuechly ILB BC- i like jones but if he doesnt stop bonehead plays like he did that cost us the SF game he might not make it. I still think he can develop into a fine LB'r but idk if TC will have the patience. When was the last time we took a LB'r in round one?

2. Ben Jones C Georgia- Run game continues to struggle. Holes are non-existent. Koets is gone (might be back) and bass has been less than stellar

3. Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin- big olinemen from the midwest....nuff said.

4.Harrison Smith SS ND-Rolle is not worth the money, grant is on his last legs and sash need to develop

4.Jarius Wright WR ARK

5.David Paulson TE Oregon

6.Kellen Moore QB Boise

7. a reese special im sure but ill go with cody johnson FB texas

Chandler Harnish putting on a show yet again, this time against Ball St.. Dudes made some throws that has Danny kanell creaming himself..lol

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Chandler Harnish putting on a show yet again, this time against Ball St.. Dudes made some throws that has Danny kanell creaming himself..lol
    [/quote] Heres Chandler Harnish's stat line from last nights game against Ball St..

Harnish- 26-36 338yrd 2td 0int / 28carry 181yrd 1td rushing..... Wow!

Hanish for yr- 22td 4int 2594pass yrd 64.0cmp pct / 1203rush yrd 10td. Wow!

+ Reply to Thread